We're going to the Farlands?

This is from the trailer's YouTube description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

Minecraft: Story Mode is an adventure game, by Telltale Games, set in a Minecraft world. It is a five-part episodic series that will take you to the Nether, the Farlands, the End, and beyond! You will drive how the story flows through the decisions you make: what you say to people (and how you say it), and what you choose to do in moments of thrilling action.

Players will control protagonist Jesse throughout the season, as portrayed by actor Patton Oswalt. Jesse and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order is the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong... something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

Available to download soon for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, compatible iOS devices, and Android.

If anyone doesn't know what the Farlands are here's a helpful wiki article:

http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Lands

This really intrigues me. Why are we going there? And we aren't certainly going there in the first episode, right? I mean we've seen the overworld, the Nether, and that's it in the trailer.

Comments

• Why are we going to the Farlands in the first place? That thing is a place of corruption.

• because plot.

Why are we going to the Farlands in the first place? That thing is a place of corruption.

• How far are they going to walk? Because isn't the only way to get there is to walk for days on end? I guess it would be cool to see but going there seems a bit far.

Also the 'and beyond' part is interesting because we only have the Overworld, Nether and The End in the vanilla game, is this going to have popular mods used in it? That would be cool, like the Aether mod dimension.

• Now there's something they can add emotion to. I mean, Just think, they'll enter the Farlands, and Maybe one of them will glitch, or fade away. I think the Farlands is a very Interesting place. I went there once, and I'm not sure how, But I took one step, and I ended up in the nether. It was pretty strange. But they can do a lot with this.

• I get an Inception kind of vibe from it. It'll probably appear in a latter episode, like 3. It be interesting though.

Now there's something they can add emotion to. I mean, Just think, they'll enter the Farlands, and Maybe one of them will glitch, or fade aw

• The Far Lands.

The place of death.

Hell.

Don't you have to go to Hell in every story mode game thing?

• Is farlands in the orginal minecraft game?

• Smellmeh posted: »

Is farlands in the orginal minecraft game?

• I want to check it out, but i dont know how to get there. :/

Yes, read this: http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Lands

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You just keep walking in one direction, it might take you months to get you there. You used to be able to teleport near them, but they got rid of that.

Smellmeh posted: »

I want to check it out, but i dont know how to get there.

• Wow...that big of a world huh?

dojo32161 posted: »

You just keep walking in one direction, it might take you months to get you there. You used to be able to teleport near them, but they got rid of that.

• I just use /effect in singleplayer to give myself speed to get there. I wonder if we need to destroy something and we need to go to the farlands to banquish it to the void, since that may be the only way to destroy it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.