Finished! My Opinion Is Inside (No Spoilers)

edited July 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
Hey All, just finished TOMI Ep1.

Although initially I was cautious about this game, it was surprisingly good. It easily surpassed MI4 and I actually enjoyed it as much as Curse.

Humour - Well done, as good as any previous MI, and I loved the references, I was surprised to see a Wallace and Gromit Reference in there.

Graphics - Once you get used to them, they're actually really good and fit the game

Gameplay - The puzzles were pretty challenging, but next time I'm turning off hints entirely. I imagine they'll get harder as the game goes on, as this game is meant to be played in order.

Sound - Pretty catchy, I always love MI music.

Overall, for a MI game, 10/10.

In my opinion, Telltale couldn't have done a better job. I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment, and all fears of this being another EMI have been washed away. Telltale rocks!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Fury wrote: »

Although initially I was cautious about this game, it was surprisingly good. It easily surpassed MI4 and I actually enjoyed it as much as Curse.

Humour - Well done, as good as any previous MI, and I loved the references, I was surprised to see a Wallace and Gromit Reference in there.

Graphics - Once you get used to them, they're actually really good and fit the game

Gameplay - The puzzles were pretty challenging, but next time I'm turning off hints entirely. I imagine they'll get harder as the game goes on, as this game is meant to be played in order.

In my opinion, Telltale couldn't have done a better job. I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment, and all fears of this being another EMI have been washed away. Telltale rocks!

THIS.
    This forum seems to be full of complaints, and its horrible to see.
    TMI is a gorgeous, gorgeous game.
  • edited July 2009
    THIS.
    This forum seems to be full of complaints, and its horrible to see.
    TMI is a gorgeous, gorgeous game.

Totally agree.. I love the game the graphics are a perfect suit and im almost in tears hearing the monkey island music again with a new adventure lol.. im currently stuck at a part but thats what i paid for =) its MONKEY ISLAND damn it!! i love it
    :D
  • edited July 2009
    It's really really good.

Best new game I've played all year.

I'm surprised there aren't more praise comments.
  • edited July 2009
    I forced myself to stop playing (it wasn't easy) so it will at least last me until tomorrow. But I'm loving everything about it so far! The atmosphere, humor, and gameplay are all spot-on. It feels even more like an authentic MI sequel than I expected!
  • edited July 2009
    Fury wrote: »

Exactly.
  • edited July 2009
    I can't agree more! This game was plain awesome. Everything was just perfect and of course hilarious. I couldn't believe that ToMI would be this good. It's as good as it gets.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, it surprised me. I honestly thought it would be a failure, worse than MI4.

But deep down I was hoping it would be good.

AND IT WAS!
  • edited July 2009
    I second the appraisal, the control system was a bit weird first 30 minutes, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Also I was not impressed by the graphics, but the story, jokes, puzzels and music is so well written I totally got lost in the game. Took me 4-5 hours to complete episode 1, was some really intriguing puzzels, I must say, bravo!

I am already eagerly awaiting episode 2, good job!
  • edited July 2009
    It had its flaws here and there, especially with the inventory controls, but nothing gamebreaking. Easily beats EMI, and I have to say, for that you have only one action available to interact with everything, the puzzles are surprisingly clever. The puzzle with you-know-who being stuck upsidedown actually made me stop playing for a while because I couldn't get it, but when I got back to it and eventually figured it out I was like "oh man, of course!" (even though most of those related puzzles didn't make much sense from the technical point of view).

I enjoyed the graphics, the animation was superb.
    Humor excellent, plot exciting.

Anyway, Episode 1 is great.
    And the following episodes can only get better.
  • edited July 2009
    I feel the same way about this game as fury, almost. I enjoyed CMI more than this, but now by much. I felt the voodoo lady was a bit out of character too sometimes, maybe that's just me. Sound was excellent. Controllers could be better, but they beat EMI's by a mile.

Hope they can keep a good story with good puzzles through the next episodes and I'll be more than pleased.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.