Why is there so much hate for this?

I was bored and decided to browse the comment section for the new Telltale game trailer. Little did I know, people are calling the game "autistic" or something along those lines. I'm wondering where did all this hate come from. Is it the fact that a lot of kids play it? Or because people simply don't like it? Or is it the fact that you can never have a civil discussion on YouTube?
People make it seem like liking Minecraft is a bad thing, it's just someone's opinion . If you don't agree with someone, move on, don't call them autisic/twelve years old. (I'm defending Story mode, not Minecraft itself :3)

Comments

• Is it the fact that a lot of kids play it? Or because people simply don't like it? Or is it the fact that you can never have a civil discussion on YouTube?

All of the above, plus a few more reasons for different people.

• People want TWAU S2 instead of minecraft.

I however, am looking forward to this game.

1. People hate that it's being targeted toward a younger audience
    2. People think that this is taking the place of a different Telltale game they want, which makes them upset
    3. People like to get upset
  • People mistakenly believe that this game is delaying Walking Dead: Season 3 or anything else Walking Dead focused from being made, and that Telltale delayed Walking Dead for Minecraft. However, Telltale would always have made another unique game in Season 3's place as they said they want to spend more time on Season 3.

• Maybe all these "Why the hate" threads or defence threads should be in one place too, there is one every other day

• Because people are never going to be happy, its as simple as that. Its also important to remember that many people are trolls and are simply doing it for attention. It doesnt help that now that minecraft is ultra popular, and mainly dominated by young kids nowadays (Man I miss the glory days of minecraft...) its popular to hate on, similar to Call of Duty (Not saying CoD is in the same league as minecraft, but you know what I mean) I for one am looking forward to Minecraft Story Mode, as I see plenty of room for creativity and innovation, especially with the restraints of dark and gritty games no longer in the picture.

• Because People Are thinking that instead of Minecraft, we would've get TWAU S2. Wich is of Cause unlikely. But they Seem to forget, that TTG can make a Lot of Money and Reputation with Minecraft and Reputation results in Even more Money wich results in Better Games.

• Sigh

People feel like that Minecraft is the reason we aren't getting other games like the Walking Dead Season 3 sooner and that because a lot of immature kids play Minecraft (not saying everyone who plays is that way but admit it, a lot of people are that way) they'll come flooding to the Forums when this game comes closer.

• I think more than the Walking Dead, people are getting upset because they think this is happening instead of Wolf Among Us S2.

People mistakenly believe that this game is delaying Walking Dead: Season 3 or anything else Walking Dead focused from being made, and that

• ...yeah, and when the Walking Dead crowd was first exposed to Wolf Among Us, they had the same mindset that Wolf Among Us was slowing down Walking Dead: Season 2 from getting the full attention it deserved and people hated it. Again, as I've said before, Minecraft is tonally different from Walking Dead/Wolf so I'm not expecting a large amount of Walking Dead fans to come around - rather, my point is that doing something different isn't always bad. If Telltale never stepped out of their comfort zone and listened to people who wanted more of the same, we'd have never gotten games like Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands. Heck, we'd have never even gotten Walking Dead for that matter.

Even if the Walking Dead fans don't like Minecraft, that doesn't invalidate the enjoyment that other people will potentially get from the game. Likewise, as I already said with Walking Dead: Season 3, it doesn't mean that Telltale would be working on Wolf Season 2 if they weren't making Minecraft.

I think more than the Walking Dead, people are getting upset because they think this is happening instead of Wolf Among Us S2.

• People feel like that Minecraft is the reason we aren't getting other games like the Walking Dead Season 3 sooner

...Fortunately, that's not the case. :)

Saltlick123 posted: »

Sigh People feel like that Minecraft is the reason we aren't getting other games like the Walking Dead Season 3 sooner and that because a

• Yup but unfortunately some people feel strongly about the last one

Why are you judgmental people looking at me!? I'm just saying how other people feel and I'm not even a person! I'm a Saltlick dammit!

People feel like that Minecraft is the reason we aren't getting other games like the Walking Dead Season 3 sooner ...Fortunately, that's not the case.

• I don't know why all the hate. Maybe some people just don't like the franchise or something. However I can say that I'm not particularly excited about this game, but that's only because I don't know anything about Minecraft. I know that it's a game where you use lego bricks or something similar to build stuff, but I haven't actually played the game and it's setting and mythos are completely unfamiliar to me.

Then again I didn't know anything about Homestar Runner, Bone, Borderlands or Fables either and enjoyed those games. I even bought Law & Order: Legacies from Steam sale, despite the fact that I don't even like the TV-series, just because Telltale can make fun game from just about anything.

• I even bought Law & Order: Legacies from Steam sale, despite the fact that I don't even like the TV-series, just because Telltale can make fun game from just about anything.

That's actually how I have gone into most Telltale games - even the more obscure ones like Strong Bad. I'd say that, 8 or 9 times out of 10, a Telltale game is how I learn about the source material. As you said, at this point I check out games just because I like Telltale's writing (and had liked their puzzles in the older titles) enough to trust them by default.

I don't know why all the hate. Maybe some people just don't like the franchise or something.

Although Minecraft is an open world survival game, I guess the "blocky" nature of the game attracted kids. So, even though it's technically not a kid's game, a lot of kids eventually started playing it which earned Minecraft the reputation of a kiddie game that attracts socially awkward people on the side. Some people are stereotyping the game's incoming fanbase by expecting them to be rowdy (which people also expected for Walking Dead, Tales from the Borderlands, etc) while other people are mad that Telltale is taking on a story based game from source material that doesn't already have a deep story (which people were also worried about back when Borderlands was announced).

However I can say that I'm not particularly excited about this game, but that's only because I don't know anything about Minecraft. I know that it's a game where you use lego bricks or something similar to build stuff, but I haven't actually played the game and it's setting and mythos are completely unfamiliar to me.

Yeah, Minecraft is definitely a quirky choice for Telltale. The actual game doesn't have much of a story, but according to Telltale, they are using the Minecraft universe to tell a story that incorporates things from the Minecraft game. I thought it was going to be something self aware and humorous like Lego Movie (haven't seen it myself but going off of what I've heard about it), but from the looks of the trailer they are trying to tell a story that is the equivalent of some adventure cartoon for kids. Telltale has said they are inspired by stories like The Goonies or Ghostbusters.

I don't know why all the hate. Maybe some people just don't like the franchise or something. However I can say that I'm not particularly exc

• Or people believe that Telltale will take its A-grade writers off The Walking Dead: Season Three and put them on Minecraft. Then we'll get a bad Season Three at the expense of a good Minecraft game. I can kind of udnerstand those concerns because a lot of the writers for The Walking Dead: Season One didn't work on Season Two.

People mistakenly believe that this game is delaying Walking Dead: Season 3 or anything else Walking Dead focused from being made, and that

• The fact that Rodkin and Vanaman left Telltale after Season 1 might have affected to that.

In any case Telltale wants to take their time with Season 3 and I'm all right with that, because it's better that they take all the time they need to make a good season than if they publish abysmal season just because people want Season 3 right now.

JetLee posted: »

Or people believe that Telltale will take its A-grade writers off The Walking Dead: Season Three and put them on Minecraft. Then we'll get a

• Minecraft and Season 3 are a good way apart, and I'm sure Telltale has more common sense than to prioritize more of their effort to a Minecraft game over a Walking Dead game that needs drama and nuanced writing. That just sounds like people are looking for complaints at this point if that's the case.

...but, hey, even on the off chance that was a legitimate excuse, it means that we would get a really good Minecraft game, invalidating the other excuse that Minecraft doesn't have potential for a good story. :)

JetLee posted: »

Or people believe that Telltale will take its A-grade writers off The Walking Dead: Season Three and put them on Minecraft. Then we'll get a

• Because I guess Telltale appeals to the kids who are getting to an age where they're too cool for school, so anything they deem "baby-ish" is automatically too uncool for them.

Coincidentally enough, this group also displays high levels of self-obsession due to the social media they grew up on, so they must voice these opinions the only way they know how... through gifs on a forum.

• In the early days, everyone was pissed. But at this point, most people have forgotten about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.