Noob to the MI series here!

edited July 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
First of all, great job with the first episode, just finished it, I had a great time.

Now, I feel like I miss some of the jokes and stuff, which MI game would you Monkey Island old-timer tell me to do while waiting for episode 2?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    The first game has been remade and being released on the 15th Start there.
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I will definitely do this one before episode 2. Are the other games easily obtainable/playable on new computers/worth it?
  • edited July 2009
    SCUMMVM can be used to play any of the old games on new systems. Great little program.

And yeah, the first 3 MI games are all worth playing, the third being a bit of a fan favorite (though probably a bit harder than the others).
  • edited July 2009
    Personally 2 is my favorite..

You can usually find them on Ebay, but like Frogacuda said you will need to install Scumm (free download)
  • edited July 2009
    You should really check out both first games. :)
    They are the best games and the games that started it all
  • edited July 2009
    Yes, play the first three in order. The fourth you can take or leave, but I bet by the time you play the others, you'll want to play that one, too. And it's not bad. Just disappointing in light of the other excellent chapters of this series.
  • edited July 2009
    And, to get the game, do I have to go down the ''not really legal'' lane? Which I hate to do for classics like that.
  • edited July 2009
    Monkey Island 2 is near impossible to obtain legally. But if you find somewhere you can buy it for less than ~$80, let me know. :D (Personally, I'm hoping that SoMI:SE sells really well and LucasArts decides to re-release MI2 as well.)

Curse and Escape are easier to find, being newer games.
  • edited July 2009
    Buying a copy of Monkey Island Monkey Madness is probably the easiest way to get both of the first games on one disc....

Here you go you can find it on ebay

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=monkey+madness+monkey+island&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
  • edited July 2009
    Play Special Edition (MI) and ask a friend to "lend" you his copy of Revenge (MI2), then play Curse (MI3) all of them are absolutely stellar. Haven't played Escape (MI4) but will give it a try soon.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.