Sam and Max won't play on new machine

I bought the complete Sam and Max a couple of years ago by downloading it from the TellTale store. I've just bought a new computer and moved the setup files to it. After installing 101, the game does not run. The error message is:

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system or machine configuration. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better. Certain virtual environments are not supported. See http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=os&c=1000 for further information."

This is odd since I never had disks for these games and Securon is for games installed by disk. Also, really, 98SE? Please.

Anyway I can't play the games anymore. I was hoping to see them in the improved graphics I've got now.

I would have posted this in the Support section but I couldn't find a way to start a new comment there. How pathetic is that? Heh.

Comments

• Did you try to run it as administrator? And/Or run it in compatibility mode?

• Try downloading the setup file again. If you bought it from Telltale, you should still be able to download a fresh copy.

Otherwise, a moderator will likely move this thread to the support area as soon as one sees it. Be prepared to say exactly which operating system version you are currently running, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

• Try setting compatibility Mode to either Windows 7 or Windows XP and Run as Administrator. Also, this link will provide a tool to play at Widescreen Resolutions: WSGF

• edited July 2015

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. The second time I tried to run it, I got the log in screen and it ran fine after that. Computers! You try the same thing over and over expecting different results...and getting them. Heh.

I'll attach more comments here if I have problems with any of the other games.

BTW - How do you start a thread in the Support area? I would have started this there but I couldn't find any way to start a thread.

• You have to pick a category to the right before you can post.

Ah, you noticed there is no Sam & Max category? What an oversight! I intend to send Max to complain loudly in person, er, lagomorph! Until this travesty is righted, though, pick Shopping & Activation Support.

Timotek posted: »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. The second time I tried to run it, I got the log in screen and it ran fine after that. Computers! You t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.