I'm buying the season pass everytime now

After all this BS leak....As an Xbox One user I have to say I feel left out of all the fun haha. I"m officially buying every Season Pass with the hope of this happening and me being a part of the lucky few who get to play it days early.

Comments

• i get left out anyway on the ps4 D:
    the ps4 players should get something for that hehe, #telltalegiveusarthurXrodrick

• Well considering you always get the episode the day before us, a few of us getting it 2 days before you once is not that "unfair".

AstroZombie posted: »

i get left out anyway on the ps4 the ps4 players should get something for that hehe, #telltalegiveusarthurXrodrick

• Did Telltale ever give a reason why PS4 gets the episodes before us anyway? You'd think they would be able to release across all platforms the same day.

Wigams posted: »

Well considering you always get the episode the day before us, a few of us getting it 2 days before you once is not that "unfair".

• i know hehe, i don't really mind.

Well considering you always get the episode the day before us, a few of us getting it 2 days before you once is not that "unfair".

• People say it has to with the store being updated but I say that's bullshit. Every other fucking game comes out at the same exact time across all platforms.

Did Telltale ever give a reason why PS4 gets the episodes before us anyway? You'd think they would be able to release across all platforms the same day.

• The word glitch is a little to vague for me. If TT or Steam or whoever has my money, and you can play the game then I need to be able to play it I know that sounds crazy but I payed already.

• Actually it might be some sort of schedule agreement, or maybe just problems with Microsoft, I'm not sure, I mean Microsoft has legendarily bad policies with independent developers which despite all their licensed games Telltale technically still is, I mean Microsoft policies are so bad that some indie devs like Supergiant games just straight up refuse to release their games on Xbox One, according to some like Team Meat the only reason they put up with them during the 360s lifespan was because they were market leaders, well that and the PS3 was ridiculously hard to program to, so much so that Valve wanted to stop releasing their games there because it was too much of a hassle.

I don't know there's a lot of weird politics going on in the game industry, it really could be anything, it's a shame though that the Xbox users aren't getting some amazing games like Transistor because of something as stupid as that, Microsoft should just stop being such big assholes so that they can get their users the games they deserve (I don't have an Xbox one but it annoys me that friends of mine that have it miss out on games I love that aren't exclusives).

People say it has to with the store being updated but I say that's bullshit. Every other fucking game comes out at the same exact time across all platforms.

• I think Microsoft has a policy that if a game is not first released on Xbox (ignoring when a game launches on PSN a day earlier due to store scheduling differences), then it's not allowed to be released on Xbox at all.

kaleion posted: »

Actually it might be some sort of schedule agreement, or maybe just problems with Microsoft, I'm not sure, I mean Microsoft has legendarily

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

@Wigams wrote:
    People say it has to with the store being updated but I say that's bullshit. Every other fucking game comes out at the same exact time across all platforms.

Not counting physical releases, where the publisher has complete control over the release date, only the games from major publishers like Square Enix get their releases on all of the major platforms on the same day (like Life is Strange for example). This isn't true for independent developers and less influential publishers (Costume Quest 2 was developed by Double Fine and published by Midnight City, an imprint of Majesco, and the releases were all over the place because of issues with the console manufacturers), and sometimes it isn't true even for major publishers (Sega published The Cave, and it wasn't released on all platforms on the same day either).

The console manufacturers have strict control of the game releases on their platforms, and they are notorious for being difficult to work with for independent developers when it comes to digital releases. For instance, Microsoft wouldn't let Telltale sell season passes of their games on their service because they didn't want to support that format of release, but they changed their policy once the major publishers like Activision started selling their games as season passes too. Telltale is a popular developer, but they aren't even close to being on the level with the major publishers, so they're stuck until the console manufacturers decide to have the same day releases apply to every game (which, while not impossible (the fact that Microsoft allowed Telltale to sell season passes and not just the big name publishers shows that Microsoft is somewhat open to equalizing the playing field for the smaller publishers), it's not likely since it requires extra release days for just one game and the console manufacturers are pretty stubborn when it comes to sticking to their system of releasing multiple games at once just on two release days a week).

• It is unfair, since it shouldn't even be happening. A lot of us (PC and PS4) users buy it so we can get it day 1 for the purpose of not getting it spoiled more then anything else, and this leak is proving to be pretty troublesome when trying to avoid spoilers.

• Yeah well how do you think the Xbox players feel when the PS4/PC players flood the forums with their choices/spoilers on the tuesday night? I pay for the game as well and deserve to not be spoiled.

Green613 posted: »

It is unfair, since it shouldn't even be happening. A lot of us (PC and PS4) users buy it so we can get it day 1 for the purpose of not gett

• It's just bullshit. The way I see it, Playstation has an agreement with Telltale that makes them the first console that gets the episode. Every single episode gets their trailer on the Playstation youtube account and Xbox does not upload them I don't think.

What will be interesting is if Minecraft is released on Xbox consoles before Playstation consoles. Minecraft is owned by Microsoft after all.

Jennifer posted: »

@Wigams wrote: People say it has to with the store being updated but I say that's bullshit. Every other fucking game comes out at the sam

• [removed]

It is unfair, since it shouldn't even be happening. A lot of us (PC and PS4) users buy it so we can get it day 1 for the purpose of not gett

• Imagine being an IOS Season Pass owner

The word glitch is a little to vague for me. If TT or Steam or whoever has my money, and you can play the game then I need to be able to play it I know that sounds crazy but I payed already.

• edited July 2015

Well I specifically choose to pay for it on PC because I know it comes earlier, when you buy it for Xbox you go in KNOWINGLY that it comes out a day later.

• Look, I can just wait until Wednesday, I have to do it literally every episode. You're acting like an entitled baby because you didn't get your episode on time once. Grow up. I bet you're one of those people i'm talking about that flood the forums with spoilers KNOWING that Xbox, Kindle, IOS players haven't been able to play it yet.

Oh and about your little "you shouldn't buy it on Xbox". Tell me, if i bought The walking dead bundle without knowing about this issue then Michonne/Season 3 comes around and only then do you realize that the release date is one day after everyone else. Do you expect that person to re-buy the first two seasons and replay it on PC so they can get the episode a day earlier?

Well I specifically choose to pay for it on PC because I know it comes earlier, when you buy it for Xbox you go in KNOWINGLY that it comes out a day later.

• You're acting like an entitled baby because you didn't get your episode on time once. Grow up.

Excuse me? Why don't you learn some damn respect for other people, did I say anything to you that was disrespectful?

Oh and about your little "you shouldn't buy it on Xbox"

When did I say that, please show me.

Look, I can just wait until Wednesday, I have to do it literally every episode. You're acting like an entitled baby because you didn't get

• As long as it comes out when they say it will no problems but when you have payed and it gets released early for some that is annoying. I feel for the IOS people they wait the longest every time. I think this will make me not buy any more season passes.

Imagine being an IOS Season Pass owner

• I have the season pass for xbox one, and I did not get the episode early. I don't think it has to do with having the season pass.

• Yep, I'm pretty sure I heard that too, I think they call it the parity policy, it's pretty stupid.

I think Microsoft has a policy that if a game is not first released on Xbox (ignoring when a game launches on PSN a day earlier due to store scheduling differences), then it's not allowed to be released on Xbox at all.

• I'm pretty sure they don't otherwise they wouldn't be working with Microsoft for Minecraft, I'm pretty sure it's all the messed up policies going on with indie devs, it's a hassle, Sony's not that great either but according to indie devs they are the easiest to deal with out of the 3 major console manufacturers so I'm willing to bet it's just that they can get shit done with Sony faster than Microsoft.

It's just bullshit. The way I see it, Playstation has an agreement with Telltale that makes them the first console that gets the episode.

• It's not Telltale's fault, it's Microsoft's.

For some dumb reason, Microsoft only releases stuff on XBLA on Wednesdays.

Even though XBLA is gone on Xbox One, the policy still seems to be in effect for small digital-only titles... stuff that would classify as XBLA if XBLA were still alive on Xbox One.

Did Telltale ever give a reason why PS4 gets the episodes before us anyway? You'd think they would be able to release across all platforms the same day.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

Microsoft always uploads the trailers too. The trailers are available in the dashboard of Xbox consoles the moment they're available on the internet. The only reason why PlayStation gets indie releases first is because the two days of the week that they chose for digital releases is Tuesday and Thursday, whereas Microsoft chose Wednesday and Friday for their releases.

For the latest episode of Game of Thrones, Microsoft (on Xbox One) and Sony both released the episodes a bit early, and on the same day (not counting the glitch on Xbox One that allowed you to download the game much in advance of the other episodes). It would be nice if they'd just allow a simultaneous release like this in the future, but they're stuck in the past. Console manufacturers used to have a strict hold on publishers as they were required as the go between to get carts made or CDs pressed, but this isn't needed in the digital age. They really need to ease up a lot, as the games should be ready to go live once the developer deems them fit, as is the case on computer platforms.

It's just bullshit. The way I see it, Playstation has an agreement with Telltale that makes them the first console that gets the episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.