The ending scene: ****** knowing about the ****** does nothing...

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Rodrik knowing about the ambush does nothing...
Seriously...
The only reason I kept bloody Royland alive is to prepare Rodrik for the incoming ambush.
He actually learns that Asher is about to be attacked, yet prepares with zero precautions and gets legitimetly surprised when Whitehill soldiers pop up left and right in Ghost Port...
What the actual ****?
In what universe does his logic make any sense? "Ah I'm about to walk into a trap with my old brother, let's meet in the middle of an arena, what could go wrong? Let's greet him in a super relaxed fashion." Did seriously nobody guard the front gate of a village in a defence force set up in order to prevent an incoming ambush?
How did the Whitehill soldiers even hide to be invisible for both incoming parties from opposite directions?

This whole scenario would've been really nice as a penalty for executing the traitor, but having it as a universal plotpoint? Why? The entire "X or Y must die" choice could've been postponed til ep 6 if you choose to learn about the Whitehill's plans.

Also, Griff must be Wolverine because last time I saw him he could've been a double for Oberyn (maimed him), yet here he rides absolutely fresh. I think my definition of "maimed" doesn't entirely match the one of Telltale's.

Minus the ending scene I actually really enjoyed this episode, it's just a shame the grand "ep9" shocker ended up being mediocre compared to other stuff in the series.

Comments

• I know, you'd think after getting a warning about a ambush that you would prepare, atleast have a back up plan in case something goes wrong.

• I have a theory, and I think we fail regardless because in the end, both sentinels were traitors.

• edited July 2015

Problem is even if every single servant of yours end up being Whitehill traitors it still doesn't explain the sheer stupidity of Rodrik in his latest tactical decision.

Both of them being traitors is actually pretty logical considering their matching attitude in similar positions.

FishySticks posted: »

I have a theory, and I think we fail regardless because in the end, both sentinels were traitors.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.