The Missing Choice-Consequence Element

I see that Telltale tries to add the choice-consequence element to their games, but personally I can't take it seriously until they stop killing off determinant characters. When I first played TWD from Telltale, I didn't yet know that determinant characters die either way, so they only have to go with one storyline, but now its so bad that if I see a character determinant, I know that they will die in the next episode, thus spitting on an important decision (except TWD season 2 ending, that was well done.)
And roleplaying-games are supposed to carry over your choices, just look at for example Mass Effect, if you save Kaidan he will be with you throughout 1-2-3, and if you save Ashley it's the same. They didn't just kill the one you saved too to make a linear storyline unaffected by your decisions...

(Ofc im super upset about it after what happened at the end of ep5, now the remaining character is also determinant, so you know what that means...)

Comments

• Hopefully they suprise us and don't kill off the determinant character you let live, otherwise thecharacter who was left behind, his sacrifice is pointless.

• Yeah, that's my biggest problem with telltale games as well. You'd think that making a purely story based game will result in many possible outcomes and endings, especially if you advertise it as such. Nope, everything is almost the same for everyone. Also, I already said goodbye to Bloodsong. Too bad, he is an awesome character. I bet he dies in the first 10 minutes of the next episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.