Man, I don't even care anymore...

After episode five i could give two shits what happens to the Forresters.
They get their revenge and butcher the Whitehills, cool, whatever.
If they end up all dying, well there they go. Who cares? Not me.

It's unfortunate TT went this route, but whatever, it's done. Nothing we can really do about it, but I'll stick around for episode 6. If for no other reason than to see how they try to salvage the shit show this just turned into.

Comments

• ;( But I loved this game. My only issue with Episode 5 was that it was short but that's a minor issue.

• They could have handled it better writing wise. Not sure how it will all wrap up in one episode. unless they all die. or the north grove turns out to be the key.

• Should have brought pretzels for all this salt.

• Ill play episode 6, but likely wont hang around for season 2. Im still sour about episode 5. So many things to be pissed about. I was just checking TWAU forums, and man.. They wrote a great story there. What the hell hapened in this GoT series is beyond me.. I expected better writing from Telltale.

Not even gonna bother checking the Borderlands game after this.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You should check out the Borderlands game, I'd personally say it's my favorite Telltale game to date.

Ill play episode 6, but likely wont hang around for season 2. Im still sour about episode 5. So many things to be pissed about. I was just c

• Borderlands is amazing. Very funny and witty.

Ill play episode 6, but likely wont hang around for season 2. Im still sour about episode 5. So many things to be pissed about. I was just c

• I have enjoyed it. But I don't think It loves up to the expectations of GoT fans.

• But Borderlands is amazing so far!!!!! Give it a try. (hopefully they won't fuck up the story, I really do hope)

• I just hope it doesn't end "u got rekt no matter what". A "everything is ok, u rekt your enemies" ending would not be that pleasant either.

• I might give it a try, Thanks for the recommendation guys.

• What happened is they took all our "choices" flushed them down the toilet then said, "yeah, you won't be needing that, but this, this right here, this is cheap shock value, and that you'll like." Well guess what? A lot of us didn't.

After this last episode there is no doubt in my mind the Borderlands game is infinitely superior to this one. Unless they decide to bust a GoT with that one too.

• Episode 5 was rushed and suffered due to it... No secret really but even though it's still my least favorite Telltale episode I still say the ending (the only redeeming feature of the episode) had the same flavor the Red Wedding did and I've enjoyed the episodes up to this point so out of good nature I'll stick around for the final one

• I'd say to just let this anger roll off for now man, believe me I know it's not easy nor something we should forget, but we do still have that last episode. I'm going to hold out hope that it's as good or better than episodes 1-4, but if it's a stinker like 5, I'll be right here with ya on the forums saying why it sucked. Just try to come to episode 6 with a clear head is all I suggest, it may pleasantly surprise us.

• It's not even anger, not really, it's more frustration. I mean, we already have to deal with all these cheap shock ploys in the show, cuz of those fuckin jokers D & D. We didn't need them in the game.

Like i said, I'll stick around for episode 6, but I'm not holding my breath for anything great. Whatever they do after this the damage this episode did to the overall story is already done, and chances are a good follow up episode isn't going to change things much. In my eyes at least. I know not many will feel the same, and, hell, maybe I'll end up changing my mind if it turns out to be exceptionally good, but until then, like I said, I don't particularly care for the Forresters anymore.

I'd say to just let this anger roll off for now man, believe me I know it's not easy nor something we should forget, but we do still have th

• edited July 2015

This is just my opinion, bro. I know not everyone feels the same. If you like it, cool, don't let me or anyone else stop you from enjoying it.

AgentZ46 posted: »

;( But I loved this game. My only issue with Episode 5 was that it was short but that's a minor issue.

• Yeah I understand the frustration part all too well, had my fair share of disappointment going through TWD S2, and for the most part they've been doing a good job at not screwing up that bad since. But this was a definite step back and I hope they don't screw up again.

A_Great_Guy posted: »

It's not even anger, not really, it's more frustration. I mean, we already have to deal with all these cheap shock ploys in the show, cuz of

• Completely your choice about what you play, but Episode 5 pissed me off beyond belief and I can say confidently that TFTBL is leaps and bounds ahead of GoT.

• Try the wolf among us too! that one is great.

I might give it a try, Thanks for the recommendation guys.

• if they do ruin borderlands in a similar matter it will be extremely disappointing, TFTBL has been my second favorite telltale game so far.

What happened is they took all our "choices" flushed them down the toilet then said, "yeah, you won't be needing that, but this, this right

• I am kind of hoping that the North Grove ends up being the key. If not, Gared will be a wasted character (to me)

They could have handled it better writing wise. Not sure how it will all wrap up in one episode. unless they all die. or the north grove turns out to be the key.

• The wolf among us has amazing writing! The story actually is amazing.

bexbee94 posted: »

Try the wolf among us too! that one is great.

• That is the only Telltale game I don't own or have any interest . I don't watch GOT never have but this game was great through the first 4 episodes .

• You should definitely give Borderlands a try. If the episodes will continue to be as awesome as now, then it'll as well be my favourite Telltale game.

• Yeah, nothing you do really matters so at this point i'm just here to see how it ends.

• Tales from the Borderlands is much different than GoT. In a good way of course.

• edited July 2015

Asher's side of the story is all I've really been able to care about since the end of Episode Two, and for the most part, I think it has been well done. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Mira's story has been extremely uneventful and I think the game would have been far better off without her character. I am also disappointed with the fact that Gared's story has pretty much gone absolutely nowhere over the course of five episodes.

• I love when people say they don't care but they'll just go for one more episode.

Like if you actually didn't care then you wouldn't play it at all after that.

• Haha but you secretly enjoy it too since your gonna wait for episode 6

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Which one? TWAU or TFTB?

Trickhead posted: »

That is the only Telltale game I don't own or have any interest . I don't watch GOT never have but this game was great through the first 4 episodes .

• edited July 2015

If you paid for a season pass and can no longer get a steam refund you might as well finish it.

Green613 posted: »

I love when people say they don't care but they'll just go for one more episode. Like if you actually didn't care then you wouldn't play it at all after that.

• edited July 2015

Theres a difference between finishing something out of a sense of obligation and actually caring what happens. In my case its currently the former. I'm already five episodes in, and theres only six, so I might as well just see it all the way through.

Green613 posted: »

I love when people say they don't care but they'll just go for one more episode. Like if you actually didn't care then you wouldn't play it at all after that.

• Shh, you'll give away the secret.

In all honesty though, right now my interest in this game has hit rock bottom. I no longer care for its characters or story. I'll play episode 6 just to see how it ends, but plan on moving on as soon as it does.

Hopefully TFTBL doesn't suffer the same fate this did.

Coolwheel posted: »

Haha but you secretly enjoy it too since your gonna wait for episode 6

• Maybe it's because they rushed GoT but from what I hear TFTB has been taking forever for each installment. Thus, TT could have been spending more time on the writing for TFTB than GoT.

What happened is they took all our "choices" flushed them down the toilet then said, "yeah, you won't be needing that, but this, this right

• ok.. want a cookie?? i mean your point???

• The waiting for TFTBL has been pretty ludicrous, but if it means avoiding an episode like this last one then i say they keep that up.

Jesus, I've officially lost all rights to complain about their slow releases, please forgive me.

Yaya1314 posted: »

Maybe it's because they rushed GoT but from what I hear TFTB has been taking forever for each installment. Thus, TT could have been spending more time on the writing for TFTB than GoT.

• personally i thought this was the best episode, in that moment. see what i used? ''in that moment'' thats it. but after i finished and acctually thought ond saw the outcomes, its bad. really, the only moment i liked and that salvaged this episode after i thought about everything, was the bitersweet ending. and its sad! because when i first played and finished the episode, i really liked it.. and i dont know what went wrong really.. hope telltale salvage what good this game is in the finale. and i hope so.

AgentZ46 posted: »

;( But I loved this game. My only issue with Episode 5 was that it was short but that's a minor issue.

• so I might as well just see it all the way through.

Then you obviously care enough to finish the entire season. Which is what I'm getting at.

Theres a difference between finishing something out of a sense of obligation and actually caring what happens. In my case its currently the former. I'm already five episodes in, and theres only six, so I might as well just see it all the way through.

• TFTBL is WAAAAY better than this. please check it out! my only problem that it took 4 to 3 months of waiting.. which some people hate, but beyond that the writing and the whole pacing issue is basically non-existant in tales from the borderland. trust me, GoT dont come close to that game. at least to my taste. :) at least check out a trailer or a non-spoilery review :) you wont regret it!

• My point is, I'm expressing my opinion.

jamex1223 posted: »

ok.. want a cookie?? i mean your point???

Sign in to comment in this discussion.