Sam & Max in German???

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
Hi!

First of all I like the original voices! (yeah, hate me for this!)

And second I'm a fan of Sam & Max since I can think!

I'm very anxious about the first episode - and there's my big question: Are the Freelance Police detectives and their victims going to speak German? Would there a German version of the game available?

Many thanks for your replies!

Best wishes,
Eliot

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    Welcome to the forum, Eliot. :)

We haven't made any decisions yet about localizing Sam & Max. Anything's possible!

Out of curiosity - when you say you like the original voices, are you talking about the English voices or the German voices?
  • edited June 2006
    Many thanks for your welcoming message!

I've spoken about the English voices from your trailer.

Another question - which was already mentioned - is bothering me: What kinds of play modes are in your mind for this game?

jump and run, point and click, third person etc...

Best wishes,
    Eliot
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    They'll be third-person games, point & click games, just like our Bone games and like Sam & Max Hit the Road.
  • edited June 2006
    Thank you!
  • edited June 2006
    Woo, I just had to register for this thread!

In any case you're considering about a localizisation of Sam & Max, for schmirdn's sake, please let your reps know to recast Max' original German voice from Hit the Road!
    While most of the cast (even Sam) sounded just like a boring bunch of line-reciters instead of actors, Sandra Schwittau practically saved the game because of her longtime experience as Bart Simpson. Granted, she rather represented Max as a bratty kid (which Bart happens to be) instead of as a hyperactive adult with a squeaky voice, but I'd rather take a mischaracterization instead of another boring actor who wouldn't know how to make his lines sound funny.

And another hypothetical question for a future localization: Would you offer the language paks as additional downloads, and would you charge something for them even if one has already bought the English episode?

Greetz from Switzerland
  • edited September 2006
    Being one of your German "customers" myself, I would absolutely vote FOR a localization of Sam & Max. While Splashman mentioned Sam's voice in "Hit the Road" being kinda boring (he doesn't sound as cool as the English voice, that's for sure), but generally Hans-Gerd Kilbinger - who by the way also voiced Malcolm Corley in the German version of "Full Throttle", while Sandra Schwittau voiced his Daughter Maureen in that game - did a good job, making his dry comments stand in beautiful contrast to Max's crazy antics. But I'll agree 110% that Sandra Schwittau was an absolute amazing Max. Different, that's right, but great, and a German "Freelance Police" would HAVE to have her as Max.

And just in case you're considering a localization after all, have a look at http://www.toneworx.com/ as these guys have made the most amazing German versions of a lot of games. Or choose who ever fits your budget. ;)
  • edited September 2006
    Being one of your German "customers" myself, I would absolutely vote FOR a localization of Sam & Max. While Splashman mentioned Sam's voice in "Hit the Road" being kinda boring (he doesn't sound as cool as the English voice, that's for sure), but generally Hans-Gerd Kilbinger - who by the way also voiced Malcolm Corley in the German version of "Full Throttle", while Sandra Schwittau voiced his Daughter Maureen in that game - did a good job, making his dry comments stand in beautiful contrast to Max's crazy antics. But I'll agree 110% that Sandra Schwittau was an absolute amazing Max. Different, that's right, but great, and a German "Freelance Police" would HAVE to have her as Max.

And just in case you're considering a localization after all, have a look at http://www.toneworx.com/ as these guys have made the most amazing German versions of a lot of games. Or choose who ever fits your budget. ;)

I know this is totally unrelated, but your DVD covers rule.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.