You must think one thing and say another. Part 1 The Margaery Edition.

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Those are the words that Margaery told Mira in episode 1 and I believe these words are important when dealing with Margaery. I believe that Margaery wants to help Mira, but she needs to say that she is angry with Mira, when she isn't. So that Mira can do what she needs to do to help her family and not involve her self directly, why'll keeping her distance. And I believe that Tom the coal boy is working for Margaery, to keep an eye on Mira, to help Mira, and to determine Mira's loyalty. I'm also wondering how much Margaery trusts Sera. Sense Sera only seems like she only wants to get married at any cost.

Comments

• edited July 2015

It never occurred to me to read into what Maergery said other than in my initial dealings with Cersei. The idea that she might be treating me so poorly as a cover is an intriguing one. I hope the writers have thought it through as thoroughly as you have.

• I sincerely hope this is the case. I want to be friends with Margaery again lol, she's pretty and seems somewhat nice.

• This is a excellent theory! :)

• That would be great but somehow it doesn't seem very Telltalesque if you get what I'm saying ;)

Margaery has given us the Angry Olly stare for quite a few episodes now...

• I want that to happen but I agree with DIO.

• To be honest, I don't know who Margaery really is as a person.

I read all the books, and I still am not sure about her personality. There are so many people acting alongside her, so many character's opinions and rumors that are on completely opposite directions, that I don't know where her mask ends and her real face begins. I can't think of Margaery without thinking of the entire House Tyrell behind her.

In the end, I believe the Tyrell are only loyal to each other, and that she is no exception. Mira is not useful to her now, she is more of a bother, so she put Mira aside. If she suspects Mira might be useful to her, she will be all smiles and giggles again. Maybe even ask Mira to help her with her hair and her dress for her marriage with Tommen now.

I also think Tom is working for the Tyrell. Margaery is one of their key assets in the game of thrones, and I can see them using the excuse that they want to "keep Mira alive" to spy on her and make sure she is not going to endanger Margaery. Remember one of the reasons Olenna killed Joffrey. Remember what Sansa told her that made her worry about the marriage. Margaery is very precious to them, they are with the Lannisters now, and the Forresters were Stark men, so I understand if they want to spy on Mira just to be sure. It is the same reason why Cersei was suspicious of Mira, too.

• What do you mean by Telltalesque?

_DIO_ posted: »

That would be great but somehow it doesn't seem very Telltalesque if you get what I'm saying Margaery has given us the Angry Olly stare for quite a few episodes now...

• I don't know who Margaery really is as a person.

Agreed. Tbh, this is one of the few times that she's truly honest.

Alt text

Abeille posted: »

To be honest, I don't know who Margaery really is as a person. I read all the books, and I still am not sure about her personality. There

• Let's hope this is true.

• Esque is the equivalent of -ish but in French

Supergirl66 posted: »

What do you mean by Telltalesque?

• To be honest. Their society is built around pretending.

Eg, you must obey even if you disagree because the guy who is in higher position than you is allowed to kill you for no good reason.

Her advice is basically what almost everyone below the King has already been following.

• edited July 2015

I think maybe I didn't understand DIO correctly. I think this could happen but there will be something bad we have to do to get it so it will suck and not be great but in a good way.

Margery I think is a politician and a good one. She is all show in public and a major player behind the scenes with her grand mother. Whatever she wants will have the Tyrells at the top.

I am still not sure about Tom I like this theory and want it to be but I need more info before I trust him.

I replied by accident but I like it so I will leave it.

Abeille posted: »

To be honest, I don't know who Margaery really is as a person. I read all the books, and I still am not sure about her personality. There

• I want to believe you man I really do but I just can't. Like Dio said, that kind of complexity seems like it'd be out of their league. Besides, I'd like to believe TellTale had it figured out before episode 1's release for whom he was working for. Margaery does an excellent job of making herself to be 'one of the people' which makes it a possibility she befriended Tom, but spy work isn't really her area of expertise.

• If all she said to us was the opposite of what she means to say to us, then I think it's crystal clear that Margaery wants us! She loves us and wants to start an affair...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.