Miscellaneous trivia regarding Episode 5's last decision (SPOILERS)

AnfarwolAnfarwol Banned
edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

This is all mostly obvious stuff and I'd like people to contribute, essentially compiling some of the 'implications' of the death of Rodrick/Asher that would be good to keep in mind for Episode 6 so long as it pertains to the narrative of TTG's GoT.

If Rodrick is left behind.

• By their blade the Whitehills will have slain a fellow Lord of the North (must count for something, for better or worse).
  • The Forrestors will have gone through 3 lords before their time. The current sentinal lasting atleast 3 provided Asher becomes Lord.
  • Discounts the potential marriage alliance between the Forrestors and Glenmores.
  • Provided that Asher becomes Lord, he will be a Northern Lord who has tread on Westeros and Essos.

If Asher is left behind.

• Providing no body is returned, Talia and Mira will have never seen their brother since he left.
  • This will be the first family death Rodrick saw part of the final moments of.
  • The Whitehills have slain a Lord's kin whilst holding another captive.
  • Potential for Glenmore marriage alliance.
  • Should Gwyn still have feelings for Asher, her lover was slain by kin's men.

Comments

• Don't forget the pit fighters

• edited July 2015

If Rodrik is left behind

• There is a possible marriage alliance between the whitehills and the forresters after killing Ludd and Gryff in the war. This will officially merge the two houses together which is not uncommon and end the conflict that has plagued these houses for generations.

To all who think I'm mad:
    I'm not asking you to forget your dead. I'll never forget mine. I'm asking you to think about your children now...They'll never have children of their own unless this stupid war ends.

And even if Asher dies this is the smartest option. Marriage isn't about love in Game of Thrones as Eleana so bluntly stated in Episode 2. Marrying Gwyn as Asher or Rodrik is the smartest decision and either way Gwyn is going to be very angry at her family considering the fact that she is either going to be reunited with Asher or she will learn that Asher died at the hands of that fucker Harys and Gryff.

• Jon Snuh's quote fits perfectly here!

Wigams posted: »

If Rodrik is left behind * There is a possible marriage alliance between the whitehills and the forresters after killing Ludd and Gryff

• Kind of reminds me of how I forged that letter to the Glenmores, ah we,l hopefully ttg forgot as well?

Wigams posted: »

If Rodrik is left behind * There is a possible marriage alliance between the whitehills and the forresters after killing Ludd and Gryff

• Gwyn might be able to be swayed now that the Whitehills have spilled blood.if you did what she asked and never hurt Gryff, she'll see that it's her family that wants blood.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.