To All Complainers

You all suck. The game is awesome. The End.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Exactly, I agree, the game is fantastic and I don't know why everybody is saying things like "zomg ttg plz fix teh gaem plz teh graphics iz srsly ruined I r very angry".
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, you'd think that after the "disaster" of Escape (I personally liked it, but others don't) that people would be a bit more accepting that a game series that has been dead for 9-10 years is finally back and not make such a big fuss because of tiny dwindling issues.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, great... A guy complaining about other complainers. You're just the same.

I think the people that you are talking about mostly enjoyed the game, and the threads you see are just constructive criticism to Telltale. They should actually be pretty useful in showing them which parts of the game might need upgrading in future episodes.

I don't see the problem.
  • edited July 2009
    Meh you knows those people whos lives revolve around computers

InternetToughGuy.jpg

It's those sort of people who complain.. they just want everything to be perfect

Too bad their opinions dont matter :)
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not complaining about complainers, I'm insulting them.
  • edited July 2009
    Hey, as long as they have no problems actually loading the game and they made sure their computer met the requirements before purchasing it, they have no reason to complain. ToMI is spectacular!
  • edited July 2009
    Well, you fight like a cow.
  • edited July 2009
    lhnz wrote: »
    Well, you fight like a cow.
    I think my new favorite Monkey Island quote is "My supple---LALALALALA!!"
  • edited July 2009
    spectacular? really? well, its very pretty and its definitely guybrush threepwood there... but so far it hasnt really been that funny, apart from the blindfold bar fight and its been kindof...dragging.. a little. not to mention elaine being a complete damsel in distress at the start which really didnt seem in character.

still, i did preorder the whole thing so ..high hopes. and i do have unfairly high expectations cause thats what happens when a dream suddenly comes true, you want it to be perfect :) so far... eh.. has potential.
  • edited July 2009
    vague_hit wrote: »
    spectacular? really? well, its very pretty and its definitely guybrush threepwood there... but so far it hasnt really been that funny, apart from the blindfold bar fight and its been kindof...dragging.. a little. not to mention elaine being a complete damsel in distress at the start which really didnt seem in character.

still, i did preorder the whole thing so ..high hopes. and i do have unfairly high expectations cause thats what happens when a dream suddenly comes true, you want it to be perfect :) so far... eh.. has potential.
    I beat the first episode already. I didn't rush even.. I just sat down at the computer and played it over a total of six hours, two hours at a time. It was spectacular in my opinion. There's a lot left still after you finish the news stories.
  • edited July 2009
    What, we're not allowed to have an opinion now? Just bend over and suck it, because that would make sure Telltale doesn't have to make any improvements?
  • edited July 2009
    Nothing wrong with constructive criticism though, I think it's the most promising thing to happen to adventure games since the last Monkey Island game...however this one does the series justice :)

There are things that bugged me however, the sound quality is still a bit low, ropey mouse controls and the generic looking minor characters.

These are nothing compared to the things that have been done right though, so yeah, people whining that Telltale ruined the franchise are nuts.
  • edited July 2009

ye i know

im on your side :p
  • edited July 2009
    WDeranged wrote: »
    generic looking minor characters.

Ok, this one I can agree with. The characters almost look like they're all the same model practically (and have Leonard Steakcharmer faces) even in Escape at least every character you could interact with had a unique look to them, and there were tons and tons of characters in that game, even some of the minor tourists had unique models.

And yes, I realize that they weren't all identical, but it was still pretty close.
  • edited July 2009
    ahh my problem is i have work in the morning, and then my audio production degree in the afternoon.. then i came home exhausted and played 2 hours of the new monkey island and now i have to go to bed again... and will next have a chance to play more on the weekend (day after tomorrow here)

probably will steam through on saturday so will have a much more contructive response then. who knows? maybe i'll love it. all my nostagia is firmly centered on the first two games though, mostly due to not even getting around to playing the third one until a few days ago (deliberately avoided it because of what i considered a terrible beginning) and i left it quite fond of it but not completely convinced by it.

so yeah in sum... who knows! by sunday i'll probably be another raving fan :P i adore the two sam and max seasons so i'm probably an easy win-over but definitely not a pushover. im sure i'll lose (happily) in the end. heh
  • edited July 2009
    I can admit when I was wrong.
    The game's awesome from the very beginning 'til the end.
    And the graphics are very cool, a lot better than I expected.
    I was wrong, you were (fortunately) right.
    Great, just great.
  • edited July 2009
    lhnz wrote: »
    Oh, great... A guy complaining about other complainers. You're just the same.

I think the people that you are talking about mostly enjoyed the game, and the threads you see are just constructive criticism to Telltale. They should actually be pretty useful in showing them which parts of the game might need upgrading in future episodes.

I don't see the problem.

i agree... it seems that saying something bad regarding this game is the same as offending the players. I found, in someone who says "the game is great but this thing should be fixed", a well-pondered and valid opinion than just saying "the game is great" and stop.

but i've to admit that there are a few users who use a very disappointing approach in both ways. i mean users vs tomi and users vs (users vs tomi)....
    mhhhh.... lol :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    @Guybrush_Threepwood: :D

I should also point out that I'm talking about people who complain, whine, don't give the game more than a day's chance, and don't offer any (realistic and fully-informed) constructive criticism. Not the people who have ideas for genuine improvements (which, honestly, I haven't seen many of).
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot :D
    Anyway I'm still shocked by the high quality of the game!
    I didn't expect such a triumphal return, it's totally perfect!
    I can even see Ron's footsteps in it.
    MI's back!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.