I thinkThe game makes Royland the ideal sentinel.

2»

Comments

• He made clear two houses must clash in EPISODE 5. We were choosing sentinel in EPISODE 1, after a disaster called Red Wedding and death of Gregor "and his firstborn son".

Ethan became the head of the House too early. People didn't know how he'll behave. Even his twin sister wasn't sure. Duncan's decision was smart. Whitehills with Ramsay would dominate youngling and he'd give them Gared - that was possible danger.
    Again, Ethan's maturity was doubtful. I don't think he'd reward a man, who calls his lord milksop (weakling, coward).

Herodriver posted: »

This is indeed hard time for the Forresters,and Asher's army is the only hope for them to survive.There is no other option,Ramsay has made i

• If you believe there are right and wrong choices, what is the right choice for the Rodrik/Asher decision?

almighty posted: »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; "Even though it isn't explicitly stated and the game doesn't directly penalize you for it (mos

• Won't know until we see how the story plays out on the next episode. Depending on whether the approach will be different based on who you chose or if both characters will have the same dialogue choices and actions. As of right now, in my opinion Rodrik staying behind was more genuine. I've seen decent arguments for Asher too though, just not as good.

If you believe there are right and wrong choices, what is the right choice for the Rodrik/Asher decision?

• I agree, Rodrik staying behind was a better choice story-wise.

Won't know until we see how the story plays out on the next episode. Depending on whether the approach will be different based on who you ch

• edited August 2015

Indeed,

as far as I'm concerned Rodrik owned episodes 2, 3, (granted with some competition from Gared), and 4, but 5 wasn't for him at all. To me It felt like his arc was closing with Ashers gaining the most momentum. And with Rodrik going to the ambush with the intent to save his brother, it further makes no sense to let Asher be the one to stay behind, story wise.

I agree, Rodrik staying behind was a better choice story-wise.

• I'm playing with 2 saves, 2 different sentinels. Killed Royland, left Duncan alive. Wanted to kill both. Assholes.

• It all come down to opinions and the story you want to make.

For me, Asher staying behind made most sense in my gameplay, because I always play him as being completely devoted and loyal to his family.

In the end, it all come down to what feels most "right" for you personally.

I agree, Rodrik staying behind was a better choice story-wise.

• To me Duncan being the traitor just made more sense.

• I chose Royland because Malcolm recommended it (Ethan asked everyone about choosing a sentinel in my playthrough). No one recommended Duncan as I recall. So yes, Royland is a better choice for me.

• Didn't Talia recommend Duncan?

Mawula posted: »

I chose Royland because Malcolm recommended it (Ethan asked everyone about choosing a sentinel in my playthrough). No one recommended Duncan as I recall. So yes, Royland is a better choice for me.

• For me either makes sense but I feel the pay off in episode 5 will be better with rodrik alive as he has the relationships established good and bad

Indeed, as far as I'm concerned Rodrik owned episodes 2, 3, (granted with some competition from Gared), and 4, but 5 wasn't for him at a

• edited August 2015

Of course this is true, but the game still plays a certain way no matter what.
    for example, "player" might not have wanted help from the glenmores, but the game doesn't cater to that option. You don't make the story, you just play it out, and there are some choices better than others.

It all come down to opinions and the story you want to make. For me, Asher staying behind made most sense in my gameplay, because I alway

• Well, maybe, I don't remember. But, Malcolm is a man, while Talia is a young girl. I believe that Ethan would listen to his uncle.
    Suddenly, I have a question. Do we get to know who was the previous sentinel? And why didn't Rodrick choose his own sentinel?

Golthar posted: »

Didn't Talia recommend Duncan?

• Yes I've always wondered this as well. It would seem that this is a plot hole =(.

Well, maybe, I don't remember. But, Malcolm is a man, while Talia is a young girl. I believe that Ethan would listen to his uncle. Suddenl

• Royland as the traitor didn't make any sense to me; why would he want you to fight the Whitehills while simultaneously sabotaging your ability to fight them? For instance, why would he try and attack Gryff at one point if he was working alongside the Whitehills the whole while? Why would he train you to be able to take down Gryff, either?

But Duncan is secretive from the beginning; for instance, sending Gared to the Wall, then commanding him to break his vows. He seems like an ends-justify-the-means sort of person. And he is always pushing to appease the Whitehills...

• Literally did the exact same thing two different sentinels killed Royland spared Duncan and chose a different brother to save each time

I'm playing with 2 saves, 2 different sentinels. Killed Royland, left Duncan alive. Wanted to kill both. Assholes.

• We aren't told who the previous Sentinel is, all that has been confirmed is that he died at the Red Wedding. I assume that Rodrik didn't choose just because he's playable and Ethan was also playable, so it's assumed he chose off screen. That part hasn't been confirmed though.

Well, maybe, I don't remember. But, Malcolm is a man, while Talia is a young girl. I believe that Ethan would listen to his uncle. Suddenl

• edited August 2015

I thin Duncan is the best sentenl imo evryone in the game of thrones always wants to kill people and and take what isn't theres royland seems to prideful to me thts the reason Duncan fits in so well hes the only in the story tht doesn't have the personality everyone else has he sees things differently yeah he doesnt seem like hed fight but if u istend to him in the first episode wiith gared he said hed gladly drive a sword through lord whitehills heart if given the chance to me hes more honorable than royland hes not beneath giving mecry in a more premature way his solutions are always the best and seem like the right yeah so mabey not letting gryph push you around seems nice and roylnad likes it but what repercussion will it have if ur a complete ass through the game u might get ur revenge on the whitehils using roylands methods but is it really worth it when there family has suffered just as much

• I wonder what Gared would think of House Forrester if he found out about how they killed his Uncle.

Oh man, I bet that's where Gared is gonna stop searching for the North Grove.

I'm playing with 2 saves, 2 different sentinels. Killed Royland, left Duncan alive. Wanted to kill both. Assholes.

• personally I think they kept the sentinel choice pre determined because theyr gonna die eventually mabey sacrifice themselves or sotmhing and I think Duncan woul fit better than royland because he did state in the first episode hed glady drive a sword through whitehils chest if given the chance

I wonder what Gared would think of House Forrester if he found out about how they killed his Uncle. Oh man, I bet that's where Gared is gonna stop searching for the North Grove.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.