Next episode...

...must be to be pretty long. The way this one ended felt nothing like things start to be wrapped up. Gared's story feels like it's just beginning, Mira is in a bad position so she has to think of something to retake her place in King's Landing and Rodrick/Asher's story is in another extremly low point. How will they proceed with their plan to kill the Whitehills in just one episode if everything that happened until now has been going bad?

Either it's going to be a long episode, or I suspect they will leave things unresolved so they can continue in Season 2. Or they will fail (I hope not) to deliver a good ending.

Comments

• The finale episodes are usually short. I hope it's a longer one.

• Obviously fingers crossed for a longer episode. But I feel like Mira's storyline is coming a close. Either with her manipulating Cersei into helping or Lord Morgryn/some else helps her buy an army. Gared's stroy could jump to the north grove and what happens there may not need to last long OR be part of the set up for next season leaving it open ended and depending on how Mira's storyline affects it, Rodrik/Asher's storyline could be simple enough. To me it doesn't seem like it need be that long.

• Shits going to really hit the fan

• I also hope they make a long episode because otherwise I don't know how are they going to resolve so many things. We still have to find out what is the North Grove, somehow use it to destroy the Whitehills, find out who Tom's boss is, resolve Damien's murder (by that I mean we have to see how will the option to keep or throw the knife away affect the outcome), the Ironwood decree we stole from Tyrion's chamber (keeping or burning it) and that's just a part of it. To me, it seems more and more like they are going to stretch the story to season 2. There are just so many things for one episode.

• I get the feeling that we're going to be left with a massive cliff hanger and they will release a second season. I've noticed some parallels between the Starks story and between the foresters. The reason I mention this is that in the Starks story it reaches the point where everyone thinks that the entire male line of the family is dead. Suddenly everyone is interested in Sansa due to her claim as the eldest daughter.

It makes me wonder if something similar might happen to the foresters. At the moment Lord Gregor forester has been killed, followed by Ethan and now Asher/Rodrik. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they kill off the remaining brother in episode 6. Then of course we have Ryon who is being held captive at Highpoint. So what if for instance, Asher/Rodrik launch an attack on Highpoint and a fire breaks out. After the battle they try to find Ryon, but all the find is the heavily burned corpse of a small boy. They mistake this boy for Ryon and thus think he is dead. Asher/Rodrik die during the battle. This would leave Mira in a position where she might be able to negotiate a possible marriage between her and another house. Of course I think it goes without saying that there will likely be a lot of people looking to exploit her claim to their own advantage.

• A lot of things to do indeed, but I hope the ending to Season 1 will be satisfying and not some huge cliffhanger

I get the feeling that we're going to be left with a massive cliff hanger and they will release a second season. I've noticed some parallel

• I think Episode 6 will have the same lenght as Episode 5.

• I think they will make a short episode like the fifth one, I wished they would do a long one to make a good final and converge all the story lines. Here comes my prediction of each plotline, I hope they make a good final but the plot is getting confused:

• Even if Gared finds the North Groove, I hope we finnaly find it, how this will help the overall plot? He simply does not have time to get back to Ironrath. Only if it is a vision or magical power up he can send by telepaty to the forest. The other two hypothesis are: a ice dragon? lol or a stack of special ironwood hide in the north groove (lost civilization where old foresters lived). I wished that North Groove would influence the overall plot of the story but at this point it seems impossible without ruin it, maybe only in season 2 :(

• As for Mira, I hope she goes to the Tyrion trial and make you choose between helping Tyrion or Cersei. I hope that they make some kind of algorithm for your choices affecting the ending in the Rodrick/Asher storyline. By making a new royal decree or prevent Whitehill to get more sellswords. She could contribute for a good or a bad ending and will make Mira storyline more connected with the overall plot. At the moment the only influence I saw was forging the letter for Elane which helps in Rodrick/Elena marriage. I hope that they not kill the other brother and make Mira a new Sansa to be married with one of the Whitehills that would be sick. :(

• As for the chosen brother, I hope there is an epic battle between your alliance Ironrath+Gleenmores+Pit fighters against the Whitehills. Depending of the Mira decision you could save your little brother or not (like good or bad ending) and also save more of your troops. I believe the clinfhanger would be Ramsay Snow getting your castle during your battle and kill your mother, although this idea will be similar to the end of episode 4, I hope Ramsay does not kill the Rodrick or Asher but telltale is known for not leeting your determinant characters live for many episodes :( that is sad.

• There is also the possibility of killing your sentinnel, since keeping two determinant characters will be too expensive and it is easily a more killable characters. But I wished for the Duncan and Gared reunion after he finding the North Groove, we will see.

• As for your Uncle Malcolm, I wished he could send you a surprise Second's Sons Army for backup almost in the end of the battle, like a moment here comes the Eagles. Malcolm does not need to show up but they could say they were sent by him. I believe that Malcolm will appear again in the middle of season 2 or 3. The series sometimes does this with secondary characters. Malcolm stay behind because its family Branfields used to be supporters of the Targareyns.

• We are talking about the past here, whose to say this won't be a long episode? Is it possible they cut out a lot of stuff in episode 5 and put them in episode 6? Also when talking about the length of previous finale episodes, No Time Left was semi short, but it didn't need to be any longer. Cry Wolf was pretty much an hour, but it was such an enjoyable hour that I honestly didn't care. Hell I thought No Going Back was pretty lengthy, it was certainly longer then those other two finales. Its true they aren't always the longest, but outside of episode 5, hasn't each episode been pretty long? Most importantly, hasn't most Telltale finales been great? You can argue if No Going Back was good or not, I personally thought it was, but that's for you to decide. The other two in question are usually praised as being great capstones to two great seasons. I have confidence in Telltale delivering for the finale episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.