Telltale can't keep this too long

Asher and Rodrik is doomed,just like Royland and Duncan.Telltale can't grow their story branch too far.Do you think they would make us play as Ryon in season 2? or will they just make another house to play?

Comments

• Well we still have Gared and Mira's story. But who know maybe one of the determined characters Asher/Rodrik will last till maybe next season, if there is going to be one. (Hopefully they are). Also I have a feeling that Ryon is not going to make it

• edited August 2015

I personally don't think Gared is gonna make it and I really don't where Mira's story is trying to go at this point.

KLVGAMING posted: »

Well we still have Gared and Mira's story. But who know maybe one of the determined characters Asher/Rodrik will last till maybe next season, if there is going to be one. (Hopefully they are). Also I have a feeling that Ryon is not going to make it

• it is unlikely, that Asher or Rodrick will survive if the next episode is about the Forresters. It would need the double amount of time to produce the Asher/Rodrick scenes... double imaging, double voice over recording, paying two actors... I would not do that.

So my guess is, that we will meet another family in season 2.

• It is crazy that they made Asher and Rodrik (two of the best characters in the game) determinant characters. I like Gared, but Mira's storylne is my absolute least favorite.

• edited August 2015

It is not impossible. They have been writing and voicing for four characters ever since episode 2. If the season 2 is confirmed, it is still possible to play Asher/Rodrik in season 2, by simply having a smaller roster of playable characters. My guesses for playable characters in season 2.

Rodrik/Asher: Ironrath

Malcom: Essos

Mira: King's Landing.

it is unlikely, that Asher or Rodrick will survive if the next episode is about the Forresters. It would need the double amount of time to p

• edited August 2015

They can keep them alive, but they won't. I don't mean to come off like a jerk because I do love telltale, but I think they're just to lazy to do it.

• Gared is the first playable protagonist so he can't die.

TheGeek11 posted: »

I personally don't think Gared is gonna make it and I really don't where Mira's story is trying to go at this point.

• Wot about my bae, Gared?

It is not impossible. They have been writing and voicing for four characters ever since episode 2. If the season 2 is confirmed, it is still

• I think they can as we have to have one or the other, I think the time playing as them after this season is done though. Sentinel could survive also, they've basically been doing this so far anyway swapping them depending on the scene

• Actually, it will take less time:

• The previous 3 episodes had 4 playable characters with different storylines, different hubs, different characters to interact, etc...
    • This episode will have 2 playable characters that are doing the same thing (interacting with the same characters, same hubs, same objectives)
    • The only thing they have to variate is the voice acting

This means less work for TellTale.

it is unlikely, that Asher or Rodrick will survive if the next episode is about the Forresters. It would need the double amount of time to p

• People need to stop thinking that just because there is a multi contract deal, doesnt mean they will 100% make a season 2. Everyone keep saying, Asher or Rodrick will die at the end of ep 6, but we still have no idea if there will even be a season 2, or if there will, if it'll still be with the Foresters

• May Ryon grow.

• Really? I have found Mira's story to be the most enjoyable from the start. I would be content if there was ever just an episode or something like the TWD 400 days of just the politics and back stabbings of Kings Landing.

It is crazy that they made Asher and Rodrik (two of the best characters in the game) determinant characters. I like Gared, but Mira's storylne is my absolute least favorite.

• Is this a joke?

AronDracula posted: »

Gared is the first playable protagonist so he can't die.

• 100%? Definitely not. Very likely? Yes. Getting a multi-title deal if probably much harder than securing a single title deal. I doubt Telltale would go through the trouble and not end up making a sequel or continuation of some sort.

Poogers555 posted: »

People need to stop thinking that just because there is a multi contract deal, doesnt mean they will 100% make a season 2. Everyone keep say

• Well I mean if there is a Season 2 about the Forresters, maybe Asher/Rodrik won't be playable characters? It'd make the most sense imo.

• Do I look like a joke to you?

jarmoksk posted: »

Is this a joke?

• Yes.

Do I look like a joke to you?

• The first episode with her scenes were absolutely boring, but the episodes got better with her scenes not showing as much.

RobbSnow posted: »

Really? I have found Mira's story to be the most enjoyable from the start. I would be content if there was ever just an episode or something like the TWD 400 days of just the politics and back stabbings of Kings Landing.

• Yeah, Just like Lee Everett, Booker DeWitt, Harry Mason, Soap, and Mike Shmidt! They were all the first Playable protagonists and they Never died!

(Sarcasm)

Gared is the first playable protagonist so he can't die.

• I'd like Talia as a playable character. That would be cool. :D

• Ditto.

I wouldn't mind having Mira, Talia, Malcolm and Gared as our playable characters.

Talia is getting more and more bitter and vengeful too. She might snap and go full vendetta if/when the survivor of Rodrik/Asher dies.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I'd like Talia as a playable character. That would be cool.

• Talia WILL THEN BECOME! Arya Talia Forrester!

Ditto. I wouldn't mind having Mira, Talia, Malcolm and Gared as our playable characters. Talia is getting more and more bitter and vengeful too. She might snap and go full vendetta if/when the survivor of Rodrik/Asher dies.

• edited August 2015

Thanks for the non Telltale spoilers, jerk.

Yeah, Just like Lee Everett, Booker DeWitt, Harry Mason, Soap, and Mike Shmidt! They were all the first Playable protagonists and they Never died! (Sarcasm)

• My own theory is that Season 2 we'll play as House Whitehill, with Torrhen taking over as Lord after Ludd is killed (he damn well better be!) and Ebbert returning from the Citadel to attend Gryff's funeral (he damn well better be dead too).

• (?) Jon Snow will remember that.

Wot about my bae, Gared?

• Sorry, I apologize for my lack of Spoiler tags. But to be fair, the Majority of games I listed have been out for a fairly long time. But there's still no excuse for that... I apologize.

Thanks for the non Telltale spoilers, jerk.

• riding around on an ice dragon, no doubt

Wot about my bae, Gared?

• that would actually be great. And it would kind of mirror how the books gradually started introducing characters (formerly viewed as just the "bad guys") like Jamie and Cersei as POV characters

My own theory is that Season 2 we'll play as House Whitehill, with Torrhen taking over as Lord after Ludd is killed (he damn well better be!) and Ebbert returning from the Citadel to attend Gryff's funeral (he damn well better be dead too).

• If they wanted to do that though they should have two sets of two characters on opposing sides. For instance have Mira and Talia from the Forresters and the two Whitehill bros from the Whitehills.

That would be kind of interesting. Would you play each side straight and do what the character would do? Or would you deliberately goad one side into bad decisions to benefit the other side?

Demarcoa posted: »

that would actually be great. And it would kind of mirror how the books gradually started introducing characters (formerly viewed as just the "bad guys") like Jamie and Cersei as POV characters

• No, Ryon won't be playable charachter according to me. But Malcolm will be.

• I think Asher/Rodrik might die next episode, because they're determinant. But, why would they put such a huge choice in the game if they're just planning on killing off whatever character you save whilst leaving their brother to be brutally killed? In my opinion, it would make the whole 'brother sacrifice' scene a LOT less emotional and meaningful, if the other brother dies regardless. I just hope Telltale has something good planned, because I'm not looking forward to reading the forums if they're just killed off in the next two hours of gameplay. I guess we'll see.

If anything, I hope that this increases Gared's chances of survival. It seems likely that he may die (at least, until Episode 5), and if Rodrik/Asher also dies, I don't want Mira to be the only remaining playable character. Sure, in S2 we may play as Talia, Malcolm, etc... but these characters, not being playable, have led many players to have mixed opinions of them. I personally like them, but I wouldn't want to play as Malcolm, for example. Tbh, in the end, we can only hope Telltale have big plans-- and they've always put extra work into the finale.

• I was getting resigned to seeing either Asher/Rodrick be dead in the finale, as well as the non-traitor. I really hope this is wrong.

I expect a season two because I don't think that they'll have Gared find the North Grove in the sixth episode. I mean, unless they stumble upon it whilst fleeing from the wights... or maybe they will, but Gared won't be able to use whatever it is they find to help the house what with him being so far north. Plus, if they killed his uncle then would he even want to help?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.