The characters too generic..

I think characters are waay too generic(maybe Asher is an exception) even the main characters,Lady Forrester, Glenmores everyone.

Thesw1tcher(let's players) also pointed this out in their playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcqcPL1i8iY

Comments

• I feel this is just an advertisement for the lets play :/

• edited August 2015

They have 500k subscribers. why would i have the need to advertise them?

I think they have point on characters, they are generic as hell.

TheGeek11 posted: »

I feel this is just an advertisement for the lets play

• Well yeah as much as I like telltale there characters have always been kind of generic/clichés but I'm fine with that

They have 500k subscribers. why would i have the need to advertise them? I think they have point on characters, they are generic as hell.

• The fact that you sourced a two best friends video as your evidence is fantastic.

• Just because they are youtubers doesn't make their point any wrong.

The fact that you sourced a two best friends video as your evidence is fantastic.

• Of course not. The fact that they barely pay attention to the game on the other hand causes some issues. I love the Zaibatsu, but watching them play story based games is awful.

Just because they are youtubers doesn't make their point any wrong.

• Still less generic than Luke.

He's as generic as you can get, yet everyone loves him because he's hot...

• edited August 2015

_DIO_ posted: »

Still less generic than Luke. He's as generic as you can get, yet everyone loves him because he's hot...

• Yeah I know. The problem is multiple protagonists are always at a risk of not getting a lot of personal and individual development

• I agree with you mate, the characters are pretty generic. And to be honest the writing has been pretty poor, I think the only things I thought were well done and had that Game of Thrones feel was the return of Rodrik. Reminded of the time I read the Reek chapter and found out it was Theon.

• Completely true, they are entertaining as hell when its a bad game like Prison Break or Ride to Hell Retribution. They are also surprisingly good at pointing out how bad David Cage games are, but a heavily storybased game like what Telltale does... not really. TWAU, TWDs1 and especially season 2 were pretty painful. Outside of David Cage games, its probably not wise to use them as a source, they are entertainers, not reviewers.

Of course not. The fact that they barely pay attention to the game on the other hand causes some issues. I love the Zaibatsu, but watching them play story based games is awful.

• All the characters really have something about them. The only character who i thought was kinda bland was Lady Forester

• I'd argue even she is unique, she isn't exactly like Catilyn Stark. That's the thing, at the start they were very similar to several Stark characters, but over time they have evolved into there own characters. Tell me, was Lee Everett and Clementine that different from Rick and Carl in the first episode? Somewhat, were they by the end? No, not really, that's how Telltale seemingly does its characters. Also here's an important detail, those guy's said that nobody is that likable, I could not disagree more. I say the majority of characters are likable, even when they have a small amount of screentime, and the big guy's like Rodrik and Asher were insanely likable, hence why that final choice was so painfully hard. Again, don't put to much faith on two Youtube personality's that like to have fun. I mean they DID say that the recent Godzilla game was good, again, they entertain, they don't inform.

Poogers555 posted: »

All the characters really have something about them. The only character who i thought was kinda bland was Lady Forester

• I hate their LPs now. Good god shut up and enjoy the video game. Not entertaining even in the slightest.

• I somewhat enjoyed it at first, but by episode 4 they were just repeating jokes that they found funny. Yes I get it, it was kinda funny to say the Bolton's had ATVs, its not funny the forth time! That and also never watch any story driven game by them unless you already played it. They just talk over everything and rarely pay attention, I imagine its infuriating if you have never played the game in question. This isn't just Telltale Games, but stuff like the Last of Us as well.

DoubleJump posted: »

I hate their LPs now. Good god shut up and enjoy the video game. Not entertaining even in the slightest.

• I would just like people to enjoy these games, instead of wasting people's time by listening to them shitting all over it for some bad jokes or a horrible misunderstanding. By all means let them talk and comment, but give the game some respect and pay attention during key parts.

Plus, this may be my paranoia kicking in, but it feels that these guys (sometimes) play the game before, then record themselves pretending like they didn't play it. Feels condescending. cough Bloodborne cough.

I somewhat enjoyed it at first, but by episode 4 they were just repeating jokes that they found funny. Yes I get it, it was kinda funny to

• edited August 2015

No they are not.

Gared, asher, rodrik , finn, behska, etc..

The rest are written well too. You don't know what generic is.

• The people who do those Let's Plays are literally cancer. They don't ever shut the fuck up and just enjoy the game.

• I don't think the characters originally were generic but some definitely became generic as the game went on. Finn was doing a good job of turning his cookie-cutter persona around but then episode 5 happened to him...

• You always get generic characters and stories. It's how things are. In fact, believing something not to be generic is ignorant. Everywhere you go there are generi things such as in films and games.

• how, explain

No they are not. Gared, asher, rodrik , finn, behska, etc.. The rest are written well too. You don't know what generic is.

• edited August 2015

Nah this is the sw1tcher (Two best friends Play). They are VERY critical and very few times actually enjoy these types of games. You should see their TWD lets play in witch they are absolute jerks for no reason.

The people who do those Let's Plays are literally cancer. They don't ever shut the fuck up and just enjoy the game.

• Umm dude im sorry to be 'that guy' but it's "The characters ARE too generic..." you forgot the are. But i have to say that i disagree. I feel like they each have something that really makes them unique even if its something small. But that's just my opinion.

• They are f*cking with the wrong people

The people who do those Let's Plays are literally cancer. They don't ever shut the fuck up and just enjoy the game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.