will villagers be in the game?

enter image description here

i wonder if villagers (testificates) will be in the game, if they are, how will they be handled? will they speak? will they be defenceless? will they be good or evil? and will they be be treated well by the "humans" ? because often they are effectively slaves or treated like animals by players in a normal minecraft game, and that could set a totally different tone in a story based game than it does in the sandbox game.

Comments

• That would be fucked up if they were slaves.

• yeah i know right, but in the sandbox game that is often how they are "used" but that would be kinda crazy in a story based game.

in the sandbox game everything is an object you use to your advantage, but imagine how crazy a mob grinder or an automatic chicken cooker would seem in a narrative game

That would be fucked up if they were slaves.

• "And here you see my genocide room."

yeah i know right, but in the sandbox game that is often how they are "used" but that would be kinda crazy in a story based game. in the

• edited August 2015

"and this is where i suffocate bunnies"

"here is where i make witches fall to their death so i can steal their potions"

"this is the lava i push villagers in who have no good things to trade"

it goes on and on :D

"And here you see my genocide room."

• "this is the lava i push villagers in who have no good things to trade"

"Speaking of which..." Pushes

"and this is where i suffocate bunnies" "here is where i make witches fall to their death so i can steal their potions" "this is the lava i push villagers in who have no good things to trade" it goes on and on

• I can imagine some villager waking up to a poor family, so he takes their final belongings and promises some more better supplies. He goes to the neighbor village and he has 5 leather for 3 emeralds. He is silently begging you since he doesn't speak any language outside of the Village Prophecy chants. You see the deal and brutally murder him with your poorly crafted wooden sword. It's a slow painful death. His wife is a Widow. His kids are depressed. The daughter kills over due to her weak heart. The wife has anxiety attacks frequently. The son lost his innocence and went on a rampage. He was put in the pit of death for life. All because you didnt give your emeralds which have no other use.

• edited August 2015

Having them be slaves would set a rather dark tone... Wouldn't it be hilarious if Minecraft turned out to be Telltale's darkest game. Like, watch it turn out that one of the people in your party is a sociopath that tortures villagers and another one is half villager because their villager parent was assaulted by a bunch of players that hate villagers.

You'll encounter a villager and you'll be low on supplies so your choices will be:

[Barter] [Rob them] [Rob them then enslave them] [Rob them then kill them] [Kill them]

Minecraft: Story Mode, rated M for Mature.

• I will actually buy it if that's the case.

Having them be slaves would set a rather dark tone... Wouldn't it be hilarious if Minecraft turned out to be Telltale's darkest game. Like,

• Squidwards?

• It has been confirmed that Minecraft: Story Mode will be rated PG. PEGI rated it 12. for mild language.

Having them be slaves would set a rather dark tone... Wouldn't it be hilarious if Minecraft turned out to be Telltale's darkest game. Like,

• I don't see spongebob around..

Omid's cat posted: »

Squidwards?

• villagers all be like hrmm hrmmm hmm hmmmhm

• Haha glad I'm not the only one that calls them that!

Omid's cat posted: »

Squidwards?

• I believe they should heavily overhaul the villagers, which may be done by Mojang in the future, to have more playerlike models and textures, much like (if you mod) Minecraft Comes Alive, but this is my opinion.

• They would be the comedic section of the story.

Seriously they would be the best.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It would be pretty funny if one of the characters attempted to speak like a villager without knowing how to speak their language, they might say something rude or offensive which could cause the villager to get annoyed :P

They would be the comedic section of the story. Seriously they would be the best.

• enter image description here

Smellmeh posted: »

It has been confirmed that Minecraft: Story Mode will be rated PG. PEGI rated it 12. for mild language.

• "I'll talk to them. 'Hurr durr, durr, hurr?"

"Hurr!"

OzzyUK posted: »

It would be pretty funny if one of the characters attempted to speak like a villager without knowing how to speak their language, they might say something rude or offensive which could cause the villager to get annoyed :P

• edited August 2015

"I'll try to talk to them!" (In Villager-speak): "I want to fight, and you can all go to Hell!"

"I'll talk to them. 'Hurr durr, durr, hurr?" "Hurr!"

• edited August 2015

What if ElementAnimation did the voices for the villagers?

"We shall send our greatest warrior to battle you!"

"No! Please! I don't want to fight."

"Go."

"I have a wife and children."

"No you don't."

".. I might someday."

"I'll try to talk to them!" (In Villager-speak): "I want to fight, and you can all go to Hell!"

• edited August 2015

What i do since i don't know how to play minecraft, (still don't) all i do is beat the crap of villagers, destroying their houses, and leading creepers to blow up one of villagers. Not one creeper exploded a villager, instead i was the one to be exploded. :P

• There better be a spongebob skin XD

I don't see spongebob around..

• I can imagine Jesse and the others walking up to a village, and in the distance they could hear the villagers go "Hrmm hrmmmm hrmmmmm"... I think "Hrmmm" translates to "Emeralds!!!!"

villagers all be like hrmm hrmmm hmm hmmmhm

Sign in to comment in this discussion.