Bone Speculation Thread

edited March 2005 in Bone
Well, we now know that most of us were wrong, but most of us were right, but I never even heard of this Bone fellow before this. So I was wondering, does that picture with all those telltale guys in it with props make any sense now?

Comments

• edited February 2005
    Thats totally impossible. Most of the people being wrong and right at the same time. I think it would cause a rip in the space time continum.
  • edited February 2005
    Thats was the point exactly...
    But seriously, I think to prove a point about how Telltale is very serious about pleasing their fans, we should come up with a code line that we make up, that telltale should try to seamlessly include in their game. Like:
    Only Deniro know what lies in that direction....
    but that ones too easy, Any suggestions?
  • edited February 2005
    How about, "this was no boating accident."

Actually, I don't know what you're talking about, a "code line." Do you mean making up inside jokes? It's a bit early for that. I think Telltale would need a game or two of their own that they could pull material from.
  • edited February 2005
    thank you for moving this topic :D

if you need a second moderator ,you can always ask me :D
  • edited February 2005
    You have just witnessed the death of an adventure gamer...
    It is a sad death, and I tried to hold on as hard as I could, but its lost to me. I remember playing such games as Monkeys Island, DOTT, and Grim Fandango, and Sam and Max, as some of the best times of my life. But now, as I hold hown a 50 hour a week job, a social life, and other small responsibilies, I find it hard to find anytime for this particular pastime. The worst part is that I thought that I only lost the time, but I also lost the mind for it. I tried to particpate, but I can no longer get into the minds of adventure gamers. My Comic Europa (you can muse about it at SAMIAMS.) was never appreciated, (or understood) and my weak attempts to keep within this community, such as this thread, has failed. And as such, I am annoucing my retirement from Adventure gaming, and that was the only gaming I ever loved. My message to those who still have the spark: One day, just like me, you might loose the ability, so take advantage of what Telltalegames has to offer. I wish the best of luck to the Telltale Staff. I know your future games will be great, since , even though you are older then me, you can hold on to the adventure game spirit, for time untold. At least I can tell myself when I go to sleep:
    I Did Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night .
    Goodbye, Telltale.
    Goodbye Max... you cracked me up, little buddy.

---Sam
  • edited February 2005
    Bye bye.
  • edited February 2005
    Bye Bye,
  • edited February 2005
    dude, Sam, you are only 20 years old. Relax. Cut the melodrama.

You are taking away focus from the excitement. Anyway - to answer the original question I am not sure about that big Telltale team montage. But I know that the other shadowy picture was obviously Bone! Once again - kudos to those that figured it out.
  • edited February 2005
    Sorry, I fogot to refill my prescription. I did it today, so I'm fine now. I still dont have the time, but my heads on strait. Of course this is my lunch break (5:01) so, I have to type fast. Anyways about that picture, I'm sure that telltale has more games in the plaaning stage then Bone, and Its always more fun to guess something you dont know about, So i'm going to put in the guess that they are planning to create an adventure game called 'The Case of the Missing Game Designer', of course the name will be changed at release time, cause that name stinks (come on telltale you can come up with better names then that). The reason is that the main things that take part it that picture is the telltale staff. Yes a Game whose characters are the Telltale Staff. Personaly I would definatly buy that game... Now whose with me?
  • edited February 2005
    It's ALIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! 8-X

Yes a Game whose characters are the Telltale Staff. Personaly I would definatly buy that game... Now whose with me?
    Does it have amusing death sequences like in Space Quest? [>:)]

Just kidding. ;) That sounds pretty far fetched, but I suppose if all of their employees are strange enough characters themselves, it could happen. I really doubt it, though.
  • edited February 2005
    Well that was pretty short lived. And I was going to go on with this big goodbye speech to. (sigh). Anyway, don't get so down on yourself. I once joined a forum which I completely embarrassed myself on. After that I never went to any sites with a P in the name again.
  • edited February 2005
    And I was going to go on with this big goodbye speech too.
    Please, I would really like to hear this speach. Very much so.
  • edited February 2005
    In the 'Need a Job' section of telltale game its lists as a preffered requirement this: Console development experience (Xbox and PS2 preferred).

On the Bone section, it does not say what mediums this game is going to be released in.

Is Telltale releasing Bone as a Console (PS2 or XBOX) game as well as a PC game?
  • edited February 2005
    I seriously doubt it. They said they're releasing it in smaller chunked episodes, and that's unlikely to happen on console games. Unless they release the first episode with the engine and use the XBOX live and PS2 internet features for downloadable content. But unless I'm mistaken (I don't use either), except for the subscription fee, downloadable content from those services is free of charge, and I don't think that's in Telltale's business plan.

My thought is they're just planning for any possible future projects that could work on the consoles as well. Anyway, I think it's too late for now if they plan to release a Bone for PC and consoles simultaneously, because the first episode is due in late 2005. They would have had those people with their skills on staff by now.
  • edited February 2005
    Or it's possible that they're planning on PS2/XBox ports that would include the whole enchilada (nine episodes), although that could be a little much. I think it depends if they work with a developer or decide to go at it on their own. There's just no way a small developer could release a console game without a publisher backing them. With a PC, they could just make the game downloadable, on console that won't work.
  • edited February 2005
    Or it's possible that they're planning on PS2/XBox ports that would include the whole enchilada (nine episodes), although that could be a little much.
    Right, I think that could be possible and more likely, but definitely further on down the road. I was mostly trying to say that, at this point, given their desire to work without a publisher, and the episodic nature of Bone, they wouldn't be able to do it at this time.
  • edited February 2005
    Or it's possible that they're planning on PS2/XBox ports that would include the whole enchilada (nine episodes), although that could be a little much.
    Right, I think that could be possible and more likely, but definitely further on down the road. I was mostly trying to say that, at this point, given their desire to work without a publisher, and the episodic nature of Bone, they wouldn't be able to do it at this time.
    I agree. If console gamers get Bone, it's gonna be quite a while from now (which brings up the whole problem of next-gen consoles, which is another problem entirely).
  • edited February 2005
    It is always useful to have someone who has worked on console games. It's just a useful credential to have. It shows that the person has had experiance with more than one platform. I like to think of it like a tour guide learning French. They may have bugger all French,(or french speakers), come by, but it's useful for when it happens. It also means they don't have to reeducate their entire staff if they ever make a console game.
  • edited February 2005
    Well, I was just thinking cause they specificly mentioned PS2/Xbox, and didn't mention Gamecube, that it seemed they had some plans to make a ps2/Xbox game. If it was true that they just want a qualification, or the ability to work for consoles, what diffrence does it make which console you work for?
  • edited March 2005
    I assume that they only specified PS2/Xbox because those are the most popular consoles (in the US at least). Gamecube also has those smaller discs that would probably be a hindrance to an Adventure game with a lot of voice/movie files (although I guess a 2 disc thing is possible and has a precedent). I don’t know but Xbox & PS2 might also be easier to port to/develop for, although I could be completely off the mark.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.