I am watching Back To The Future part 3.

I guess that Telltale Games messed up. In the game Doc became a scientist after watching Frankenstein. Well in part 3 of Back To The Future, Doc just said that he decided to become a scientist after reading Jules Verne. I know why Telltale did that. They did that so that Edna could mess up Hill Valley in episode 3. It was just funny that when Doc in the movie said that I thought about Frankenstein. LOL

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2015

That's not really a contradiction though, as in Back to the Future Part III Doc said he read Jules Verne when he was a kid. It's clear Jules Verne already had an impact on him, as Doc was already an amateur scientist at the start of the game, as he had already made scientific inventions before he watched Frankenstein.

It's clear Doc was talking about becoming a scientist for a living, as he was already an amateur scientist when Marty met young Emmett in 1931. Jules Verne is what made him decide to become a scientist, but Frankenstein is what made him decide to go against his father's wishes and go into science as a profession (rather than remaining an amateur scientist, as he already was) instead of law.

This is further shown in the story of Back to the Future: The Game, as even though Emmett didn't see Frankenstein and decide to become a professional scientist, his interest in science that he already had (through reading Jules Verne as a kid) still remained and he used his abilities as an amateur scientist to control the population as a politician.

• I am sorry. I guess that I was not paying attention.

Jennifer posted: »

That's not really a contradiction though, as in Back to the Future Part III Doc said he read Jules Verne when he was a kid. It's clear Jule

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2015

No problem, it actually is an interesting thing to note that Doc's said two very different things have inspired him to get into science. Don't feel discouraged about posting things. There's been a ton of threads discussing inconsistencies and fan theories that use the logic of the movies to explain them. That's part of the fun of science fiction series. :)

• It actually makes more sense for Doc to have multiple inspirations.

Jennifer posted: »

No problem, it actually is an interesting thing to note that Doc's said two very different things have inspired him to get into science. Don

Sign in to comment in this discussion.