I Have Seen the God-Cow

edited August 2006 in Bone
I have ressurected this quiet little section of the forum because I have seen something not only awe inspiring, but totally true.

Alright, first, I was driving back from Wellington to Auckland. This is a very long and boring drive so I don't recommend it to anyone. Anyway, the sun was setting as I drove somewhere between Turangi and Tokoroa and having been driving for something like 7 hours I was starting to get kind of bored. As I gazed upon the scenery (mostly consisting of farms. On hills. As far as the eye could see) I caught a glimpse of something that has been forever emblazoned in my mind.

The sun was about half gone and as I turned around a corner a small hill raised up in the centre of it. Something about this drew my attention and I was unable to pull my eyes away. Suddenly, a shape became visible upon the side of the hill. It clambered to the top and I realized... It was a cow.

Words alone cannot express the sense of awe I felt as I basked in the glory of the silhouette of the noble beast emblazoned on the brilliant burning glory of the blood red setting sun. I really wish I had a camera with me at the time. But I didn't. And I had to look away as I was approaching a great big corner. When I looked back it was gone.

In other news, the theme to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Inner Universe by Origa) is really catchy and I've been listening to it in repeat for the past three hours.

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.