Your favorite ASOIAF book?

Lets discuss which asoiaf book you liked the best.

I liked ADWD the most. Theon's chapters were great..

enter image description here

Comments

• A Game of Thrones. All Starks together at Winterfell at the beginning, with their cute direwolf cubs, aww...

• My Personal List:

1. A Storm of Swords
    2. A Game of Thrones
    3. A Clash Of Kings
    4. A Dance With Dragons
    5. A Feast For Crows
  • edited August 2015
    1. Storm of Swords
    2. A Dance With Dragons
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Feast for Crows
    5. Clash of Kings
    1. Storm of Swords
    2. Clash of Kings
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Feast for Crows
    5. A Dance With Dragons
  • A Storm of Swords: So much went on in this one ( Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Tywin's death etc)

• A Storm of Swords.

• Winds of Winter. Oh wait :(

• Yeah I agree with your rankings!

* Storm of Swords * Clash of Kings * Game of Thrones * Feast for Crows * A Dance With Dragons

• Without a doubt Storm of Swords, also known as, two weddings and a hundred funerals. So many iconic moments happened in that book, its just the best. Least favorite would easily be Feast of Crows, the pacing was just painfully slow, the only chapters that ever advanced the storyline was Cersei chapters, but I hate Cersei so much, fun. Not a terrible book, but easily the lease enjoyable book.

• Some of the best books I've ever read. Totally enjoy how the chapters take on various characters points of view, heroes and villains. Terrific how the heroes and villains are flawed, scarred and people who make mistakes, have questionable motivations or duty binding honor. The twists make the reading engrossing. I anticipate and am excited for "Winds of Winter" more than any other book ever.

With that, I enjoyed "Storm of Swords" the best. So many great parts of the story: Arya captured by the Hound and make it to the Twins, Red Wedding (a gut wrencher and big shock, duel between Dondarrion and the Hound, with Beric's revival, interaction between Jaime and Brienne and Jaime's character development, Joffrey's wedding and Tyrion's incarceration, Jaime and Tyrion brothers bonding, then the release. Tyrion facing Tywin. Dany making the deal for the Unsullied. Then Catelyn Stark... L... S.......... Incredible writing. Bravo George, bravo.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.