Hypotheical situation: What if instead of the Whitehills, the main antagonists were the ironborn?

So as you show and book readers now, the ironborn captured Deepwood Motte, the seat of House Glover, the liege lords of House Forrester. Theoretically speaking, what if the ironborn captured Ironrath too? It's close enough, and Yara could appear as the commander of the occupation, or just as a visitor checking in on it/ We could still have the element of the Red Wedding and the Boltons, like Gared comes to Ironrath finding it under Greyjoy control, and the Boltons not helping (if they didn't help retake Deepwood Motte they definitely wouldn't help retake Ironrath). Along with this, we could finally get some information about what the Greyjoys did in Season 4, because they were barely were it, (they weren't in Season 5 at all). Rodrik maybe wakes up before they get to Ironrath and maybe lead Glenmores to retake it. Asher too. Maybe the Whitehills can still be in: they plan on removing the ironborn but taking over House Forrester in the process.

So you can see the relative location of Ironrath to the ocean and Deepwood Motte. Someone at Westeros.org made this image, and with my Paint skills, I just added the relative positions of Rillwater Crossing, Ironrath, and Highpoint, as the Game of Thrones wiki had a wrong spot for Ironrath and I was bored (also added the last h in Last Hearth)

enter image description here

Here's another:

enter image description here

I'm not entirely sure why Ironborn would raid such a minor house, but perhaps since it's House Forrester they're after the ironwood: make some ironwood ships for the Greyjoys (it would have helped Stannis), and hey, the ironborn were on Sea Dragon Point in their rebellion too, it can work...maybe.

Comments

• The Greyjoys are nothing all they command is some small ass islands not even connected to Westeros combined with the fact that the Ironborn aren't even referred to in that god awful Season 5 I don't think we'll be seeing them in Season 2 (yes I said Season 2 because making them the villains now would be atrocious.

• first of all - season 5 definitely wasn't god awful (there were some weaknesses and probably was the worst season out of the 5 but it was still pretty good) and second - there are casting rumors that have been around for a bit that greyjoys are coming back for season 6 (i haven't read the books so i'm truly not sure what to expect with the iron born - because all i got was the tiny bit i got from the show - but i am excited from the character description and what other youtubers are saying about the new rumored cast member)

• I didn't say Season 5 was god awful, are you talking to Clemenem? And yeah, Euron and Victarion Greyjoy are definitely people that sound interesting.

sbk12345 posted: »

first of all - season 5 definitely wasn't god awful (there were some weaknesses and probably was the worst season out of the 5 but it was st

• ^Euron vs Ramsay and Sandor Clegane vs Victarion would be cool as fuck to see

I didn't say Season 5 was god awful, are you talking to Clemenem? And yeah, Euron and Victarion Greyjoy are definitely people that sound interesting.

• If the Ironborn were our antagonists I fear that House Forrester would already be wiped out. The Ironborn follow the Old Ways, meaning they would take saltwives and thralls and kill the rest. There would have been no occupation like with Gryff, the iron tide would simply roll over Ironrath.

• edited August 2015

It was god awful.

sbk12345 posted: »

first of all - season 5 definitely wasn't god awful (there were some weaknesses and probably was the worst season out of the 5 but it was st

• If the Ironborn took Ironrath: Euron submits Rodrick and forces him to watch while he beds Elaena and Lady Forrester at the same time...

• Damn right. What kind of army gets wiped out by 20 men

_DIO_ posted: »

It was god awful.

• Perhaps, but remember, in the books when Asha took Deepwood Motte, she treats the captives well, and Yara I figure is smart enough to keep them for their ironwood to replenish ships.

If the Ironborn were our antagonists I fear that House Forrester would already be wiped out. The Ironborn follow the Old Ways, meaning they

• -secretly prays that the desertions were a feign and when the Boltons return to Winterfell the other half of the army is holding it-

Clemenem posted: »

Damn right. What kind of army gets wiped out by 20 men

• Nah they pussied out. I thought it was kind of funny

-secretly prays that the desertions were a feign and when the Boltons return to Winterfell the other half of the army is holding it-

• What kind of army doesn't notice 2000 horses or so leaving camp... What kind of badass commander (Stannis) plans a siege in the middle of nowhere and fights a pincer cavalry charge head on instead of retreating to the woods right behind., which would give them advantage.. What kind of king burns his sole heir as soon as the camp and food get sabotaged... What kind of magical horse (and there were supposed to be none left) reaches the Wall from Winterfell in a few hours...

What kind of Dornish liege lord (Doran) lets his castle and his heir wide open to any suspicious white guy with blood on their stolen outfit... What kind of Dornishman that knows Oberyn and the Sand Snakes didn't see the kiss was obviously poisoned... What kind of mastermind (LF) leaves the only remaining Stark to known psychopaths and without expecting she could be taken hostage...

Damn right. What kind of army gets wiped out by 20 men

• It's an interesting idea but I think I prefer the Whitehills.

• Yup, the show Greyjoys/Ironborn are pure shit. I wish the show did them more justice, in the show they're nothing more than cowardly criminals rather than the Viking-type warrior culture that they appear as in the books. If they were book Ironborn I would love to have them as antagonists, but with show Ironborn all we'd have to do is make them some sort of offer then they'll immediately retreat and sell out/kill their commander or we'd just need two dogs locked in a cage to cause them to flee.

The Greyjoys are nothing all they command is some small ass islands not even connected to Westeros combined with the fact that the Ironborn

• Man I absolutely love this idea! Definitely would of liked to see some Ironborn in this game and awhile back I posted a thread about what if the game had followed more of the book plot such as the foresters marching on deep wood motte with stannis

• I think having the Ironborn as enemies would be a good idea for season 2. After dealing with the Whitehills, the Forresters have to start rebuilding and dealing with other problems. It would also make sense if the Forresters tries to come to the aid of the Glover who are their liege lords Also, I find the thought of Asher/Rodrik clashing steel against Ironborns extremely awesome.

• This might have been a lot more interesting, but the problem is the game is clearly tied to show canon, not book canon. When the game is set during season 4, show canon stupidly has Yara sailing around on the wrong side of the map for any of the Deepwood Motte stuff to work. I suspect that at the point the game was being planned, D&D hadn't even decided what they were going to do with the rest of the Ironborn or even how many of them they were going to bother to have in the season 5 (none), let alone 6, so they weren't going to sign off on the game acting as a subplot for them, in case they had to go against that in the future.

• When the game is set during season 4, show canon stupidly has Yara sailing around on the wrong side of the map for any of the Deepwood Motte stuff to work.

That's an excellent point. That's like the only time Yara is in Season 4, isn't she? I'm not sure how long it takes to get all the way across to Dreadfort, but I suspect that if it were to work in game, she would have to either appear only in the first episode or only in the last, kind of a canon more than anything.

And I agree with your last statement, that definitely could be a reason.

This might have been a lot more interesting, but the problem is the game is clearly tied to show canon, not book canon. When the game is set

• Well here's a better question: What if the Whitehills are the good guys, And the Ironborn have been the bad guys all along?

• There would be something like a pact for the Forresters to provide them good ironwood in exchange for no harm, I think

_DIO_ posted: »

If the Ironborn took Ironrath: Euron submits Rodrick and forces him to watch while he beds Elaena and Lady Forrester at the same time...

• I don't think so... The Ironborn are pretty serious about taking what they want when they want without taking shit from anyone

There would be something like a pact for the Forresters to provide them good ironwood in exchange for no harm, I think

• Like i said in my thread both the show and the game are ignoring the Greyjoys.Their invasion of the North simply failed without any explanation while in the books they had a reason.

• Let's be honest Euron makes show Ramsay look like a scared kitten

• Late reply: But yes, very much so.

Let's be honest Euron makes show Ramsay look like a scared kitten

• I don't think the ironborn would have worked in this telltale game because with the whitehills there is an illusion created by Duncan that you can make peace with them because you are both northern houses and should gang up on someone who deserves it like the Boltons but with the Ironborn, all they do is reave, rape, and take what they want, there is no diplomacy with them. Plus Ironborn would just torch the Forresters except the heir to trade for hostages while the whitehills would just subjugate them.

• Tats not true.Yara is all for diplomacy and actually she wants to make peace and allaince with the Northeners against the Iron Throne.
    She is reasonable and could possibly be a love interest too.

• I assume you're not replying to me, but if you want to reply directly to someone's comment, hit the 'reply' button on the left of it. That should make them be able to answer you better.

greensenpai posted: »

Tats not true.Yara is all for diplomacy and actually she wants to make peace and allaince with the Northeners against the Iron Throne. She is reasonable and could possibly be a love interest too.

• This Thread reminds me on the Thread of the dude who wanted to be Nate and Clementine have an relationship.

• I'm glad it wasnt like that... I dunno if its just me, but i think that the Ironborn are really stupid and just boring characters... just my opinion...

• I think what would've been better, is that we play as one of the Ironborns. Rtaher than just being limited to a single house, do different ones :)

• That was me... thanks...

Xemnes posted: »

This Thread reminds me on the Thread of the dude who wanted to be Nate and Clementine have an relationship.

• Only because you didnt read the books.So much wasted potential.They are actually really interesting and major players in the war.

I'm glad it wasnt like that... I dunno if its just me, but i think that the Ironborn are really stupid and just boring characters... just my opinion...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.