Question regarding voice actors

This may be a dumb question, but how do the actors from the series (Kit Harington, Iwan Rheon, Lena Headey, etc.) record their lines if all the scripts and lines are directly written and recorded right before the episode is released? Do they record them in a studio wherever they may be. or do telltale send them the scripts for their parts in advance?

Comments

• From screenshots I've seen, they come into Telltale HQ to record them like everyone else

• Aren't they supposed to be filming GoT though?

kaza125 posted: »

From screenshots I've seen, they come into Telltale HQ to record them like everyone else

• It's not like they were happening at the exact same time.

afterm3th posted: »

Aren't they supposed to be filming GoT though?

• they're not robots that work 24/7

• I know that, but the filming of the show takes place in so many different parts of the world, and one telltale episode comes out every 2 months. Just seems like a hassle to fly all the way to America, and then get back to filming. Especially when they have a tight schedule for filming. I may be wrong though.

they're not robots that work 24/7

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They probably record their lines during breaks away from filming or when the show isn't in production, they also record their lines locally so Kit or any other British voice actor doesn't need to tavel to America to record their lines which saves time and money.

I know that, but the filming of the show takes place in so many different parts of the world, and one telltale episode comes out every 2 mon

• Those don't always happen simultaneously, besides, they can record it on set and send it to Telltale.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

We record the show actors in the same way we record the performers for the characters we created for the game. We'll set them up in our usual studios in London, LA, or NYC (where ever they may be at the time, we did Belfast once). We don't fly them out to record, though occasionally we'll fly out to them rather than directing remotely.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.