For me, the traitor thing has got a lot more in store

Ok, so in the last episode we got to know the real identity of the traitor.
I saw a lot of complain about the bad writing involved in this reveal, and I think that the complains were right, altought I think the traitor is not Royland/Duncan.
The traitor thing has been teased to us from a couple of episode back, so it must be important, it just can't be so simple as Royland/Duncan.
As a lot of you guys pointed out, either of those men don't make sense as being the traitor. I just don't think that a company like Telltale games that we all know has made a lot of masterpiece wrote this plot-nonsense. I think that Royland/Duncan loved so much the family actually sacrificed himself to protect the real traitor. Why? Maybe because he knew that the alliance between Whitehills and this traitor was key to save the family. But that would be bullshit because the whitehills killed asher/rodrik. Who is the traitor? I don't know.
This is just a theory, maybe you guys can make something that has more sense than my theory. What do you think?

Comments

• I know. I still don't trust Talia 100%...nor the mother

• Talia is hiding something.

afterm3th posted: »

I know. I still don't trust Talia 100%...nor the mother

• No, Royland/Duncan is the traitor, there's nothing to fix. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think the writing was good it made sense to me, I think a lot of members exaggerate.

• No... no... what's done is done here. Bad writing leaves a stench wherever you find it I'm afraid. Telltale has messed up this storyline beyond repair so let's just let it be dead and done

• The writing of that part is cliche.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No, Royland/Duncan is the traitor, there's nothing to fix. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think the writing was good it made sense to me, I think a lot of members exaggerate.

• ^Very cliche. The game doesn't care about the decisions you've made it all just boils down to "You didn't choose me"

The writing of that part is cliche.

• Perhaps. But there's also the possibility that Talia was actually afraid for her life and she might have been caught by Duncan/Royland in the grove. What was she doing that time of night in there anyway? "Nightmares" seems like a shitty excuse imo

Clemenem posted: »

^Very cliche. The game doesn't care about the decisions you've made it all just boils down to "You didn't choose me"

• I forgot to say that we must wait for the end of the game to have any opinion on anything. I have hope for telltale

• I don't see how it was cliche.

The writing of that part is cliche.

• She had nightmares about what happened in the grove with Ramsay and Arthur so it does make sense for her to go there.

Perhaps. But there's also the possibility that Talia was actually afraid for her life and she might have been caught by Duncan/Royland in the grove. What was she doing that time of night in there anyway? "Nightmares" seems like a shitty excuse imo

• The traitor let them out they make it very obvious he let him out saying Gryff was going to ambush them. He did so with some terrible writing. There's no cover up. No lie just shitty writing down to the core

Perhaps. But there's also the possibility that Talia was actually afraid for her life and she might have been caught by Duncan/Royland in the grove. What was she doing that time of night in there anyway? "Nightmares" seems like a shitty excuse imo

• That part is like:
    You see who the traitor is
    Cliche part: He says that he had to do it for the sake of the family,
    then you have the part with the choice, and I hope the choice will matter in the last episode.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't see how it was cliche.

• I think we should just face that it was bad writting, just like the Ramsay plot armour.

• It makes sense to me, it isn't really bad writing it just shows how Royland/Duncan can keep up a façade. They were trying to act like they weren't the traitor and so kept acting as if everything was normal. In a way they still cared about the house's survival (I got that vibe from Duncan more than Royland) they thought they were saving the house and therefore delaying the war if they told the Whitehills their plans. To be honest we needed more time than we had so Royland/Duncan kind of helped with that. I liked it in a way, the way Talia didn't tell you really frustrated me because I was convinced it was Duncan and I was beginning to get really upset over it and then it turned out to be Royland for me and I was so shocked. Yeah, maybe Telltale could have wrote some better reasons, Royland just seemed to be really angry while Duncan seemed angry yet still seemed to think he was being smart. So better reasons what have been nice (other than the main one being that they weren't picked as sentinel, that shouldn't have been a reason at all).

I believe this whole traitor thing is over now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.