Recommend Game of Thrones be TellTale?

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Hey, there.

As the title suggests, I would like to know if you recommend me to buy and play TellTale's Game of Thrones.

Thanks.

Side note: is the Game's Season good or not?

Comments

• yes its pretty good, it has some flaws but its still good, much better than twd s2 IMO

• Depends. It would definitely help if you like the Game of Thrones world already. Personally I haven't really enjoyed this very much but I do know some people really enjoy this, so results may vary.

• It's TT's best work by far plus it has the GoT world behind it, which makes this an instant classic all around.

• If you are already familiar with the Game of Thrones universe, I'd recommend it. However, if you are not familiar with the series, I'd recommend watching the show first.

• As others have said, if you watch or read the Game of Thrones, you would definitely appreciate it.

If enjoyed TellTale game generally, this should easily fit in.

• Absolutely yes but with one major question, have you watched the show or read the books? Because this game doesn't explain who some of the TV characters are, and it does spoil a lot of major events. So I say watch the first four seasons, and then play the game.

• Yes. But either watch the show or head to the official Game of Thrones wiki to do some research on the lore and the characters.

• Thank you for the advice, since I'm a new watcher of the series and I haven't watched the first 4 seasons.

Absolutely yes but with one major question, have you watched the show or read the books? Because this game doesn't explain who some of the

• yeah i agree with bioshock - at least watch up through season 4 episode 2 before you play the game (because that is the latest spoiler i can think of) and you can even play episode 1 after you watch season 3 episode 9. i'm a huge fan of the show so i recommend watching all of it but those are the spots where there are tv spoilers

FauDeef posted: »

Thank you for the advice, since I'm a new watcher of the series and I haven't watched the first 4 seasons.

• Well, something from episode 4 or 5 is spoiled, and if I had to guess, the last three episodes will probably be spoiled, so for safety i'd just watch the entire season.

sbk12345 posted: »

yeah i agree with bioshock - at least watch up through season 4 episode 2 before you play the game (because that is the latest spoiler i can

• I enjoy it, even though I'm not a fan of the show. I wouldn't say it's their best game, but it's still really good and definitely worth checking out.

• edited August 2015

All episodes except episode 5. Don't waste the $5

• If you like the Show anD TTG, you'll love the game.

If you love the show (because it's story, politics, "overall flavour"), you'd enjoy the game.

If u love TTG, you'll love every game, just like me :)

If you are unaware of both, try the show first. It's just that the game spoils like 2of the biggest plot twists of the series, and for me that's one major thing in GoT - anything can happen.

The game is an original story with new characters, with cameos of some show characters and of course the same world.

It obviously doesn't work the other way around.The show features and develops ("main") characters, the game features then.

Of course you'll get to know really fast that Cersei is a bitch. But you'll never get that "o shit, o shit" feeling when you go to the throne in ep1 if you haven't watched the show first. :)

• Oh, definitely it's easily my favourite telltale series so far, and I know people that love it who aren't even a fan of the show/books.

• Honestly, I only knew a little, tiny bit about the show before playing this and very little of the books, and this game was a great introduction to the franchise IMO

If you are already familiar with the Game of Thrones universe, I'd recommend it. However, if you are not familiar with the series, I'd recommend watching the show first.

• The main reason you should watch the show first is because of spoilers in Season 4 because I don't think it'd take long to understand the lore even though you might be a tad confused at first.

Demarcoa posted: »

Honestly, I only knew a little, tiny bit about the show before playing this and very little of the books, and this game was a great introduction to the franchise IMO

• Actually Tales From the Borderlands is quite evidently Telltale's new Magnum Opus, because unlike Game of Thrones it actually gets even more better as each episode progresses, unlike GoT which had so much potential from its first amazing episode but the writing didn't exactly get better like it did in TFTB, sure its a good game by all definitions, definitely above average but sadly not Telltale's best work.

JackBauer24 posted: »

It's TT's best work by far plus it has the GoT world behind it, which makes this an instant classic all around.

• Its generally worth the buy, I mean Episode 5 was kind of really bad and disappointing and really brought down the quality of the writing and almost ruined the whole game in general, but I'm sure the game's finale will redeem itself. There's really no 'bad' episode in this game so far, except for Episode 5, otherwise its a pretty neat immersion into the world of Ice and Fire. Except Episode 5.

• edited August 2015

Down with the people who aren't fans! The GameofThronestriarchy will rise!

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh, definitely it's easily my favourite telltale series so far, and I know people that love it who aren't even a fan of the show/books.

• that's exactly what went down. I was already aware that stuff goes down in the infamous event during um... episode 1 of the game, but the rest was an interesting introduction to the lore and such. Of course, by now I've watched the whole series and am nearly done book 4 so...

it certainly wasn't the worst introduction to GoT :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

The main reason you should watch the show first is because of spoilers in Season 4 because I don't think it'd take long to understand the lore even though you might be a tad confused at first.

• If you watch GoT and like TTG, then yes.

IMO, the game is just as good as the show and good as the other TTG.

But if you don't want any cliffhangers, I would suggest you to wait until the full season comes out. Don't worry. Only one more episode remains. :)

• I mean Episode 5 was kind of really bad and disappointing and really brought down the quality of the writing and almost ruined the whole game in general.

enter image description here

Harian96 posted: »

Its generally worth the buy, I mean Episode 5 was kind of really bad and disappointing and really brought down the quality of the writing an

• enter image description here

Harian96 posted: »

Actually Tales From the Borderlands is quite evidently Telltale's new Magnum Opus, because unlike Game of Thrones it actually gets even more

• Honestly... ? No. The first two episodes were pretty good, but then it started to decend into Walking Dead Season 2 quality of bad... and thats... bad..

Sign in to comment in this discussion.