Did Telltale recast Morgryn?

So there's this tweet:

That says Nick Afka Thomas is Lord Morgryn. However, and I looked (I checked all the credits on Xbox One) and Oliver Vaquer. In the tweet some notes that this is different, but ArthurV denies it, claiming IMDb is out of date. However, the guy who noticed points out that the VA was credited as Oliver Vaquer (he provides a picture of it). I don't understand if this is just a major mistake, a pen name, or an actual recast. The only recast (like recast in season or between seasons) that I know of was like William Kasten voiced Max in all episodes of Sam & Max: Save the World except the first one, where Andrew Chaikin voiced him.

So am I crazy or?

Comments

• I went to Afka's Twitter, heard his voice on the video he posted there and I can say for sure he has been voicing Morgryn since the beginning. That's Morgryn's voice for sure.

• Really odd they have Oliver Vaquer in the credits and haven't corrected it then.

Abeille posted: »

I went to Afka's Twitter, heard his voice on the video he posted there and I can say for sure he has been voicing Morgryn since the beginning. That's Morgryn's voice for sure.

• edited August 2015

It is very odd.

Or my ears are pretty bad, too xD

Also, Morgryn's voice does sound A LOT like Vaquer's too.

Really odd they have Oliver Vaquer in the credits and haven't corrected it then.

• Yeah, it really does, I thought he sounded familiar in episode 2, and when I read the credits it made sense. He sounds a lot like Robert Lutece in Bioshock Infinite, just compare voices, they are really similar. So I don't know what to believe when it comes to this.

It is very odd. Or my ears are pretty bad, too xD Also, Morgryn's voice does sound A LOT like Vaquer's too.

• Yeah, I've been listening to both VAs (plus some of Morgryn's lines) to try to figure it out, but it is hard when we still didn't see Morgryn losing his temper (the character in Afka's video is angry), he is always calm and collected like Robert Lutece so it is easier to associate Vaquer's voice to Morgryn based on that.

I will have to take Arthur's word on that. Both VAs sound a lot like Morgryn.

Yeah, it really does, I thought he sounded familiar in episode 2, and when I read the credits it made sense. He sounds a lot like Robert Lu

• Do you people really pay atention to this stuff? Gosh I wish I had the spare time you do.

• Really good point, though if they mixed up the names, then that is one hell of a mistake that wasn't correct for five episodes. I mean Telltale can make mistakes, but that big for so long? I have a hard time believing that.

Yeah, I've been listening to both VAs (plus some of Morgryn's lines) to try to figure it out, but it is hard when we still didn't see Morgry

• I've seen TellTale misspell a name, but not have a completely different one. Weird.

Really good point, though if they mixed up the names, then that is one hell of a mistake that wasn't correct for five episodes. I mean Telltale can make mistakes, but that big for so long? I have a hard time believing that.

• Also it just happened to be Robert Lutece from Bioshock Infinite who sounds a lot like the person voicing the character? That's a massive coincidence.

I've seen TellTale misspell a name, but not have a completely different one. Weird.

• It's not like someone being recasted is the smallest data you could try and find.... It seems kind of like common sense to check the credits after seeing that a character has been recasted and wondering why the credits are wrong.

Do you people really pay atention to this stuff? Gosh I wish I had the spare time you do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.