**** or ****** Hyperion!?

Did you rule or reject Hyperion! I made the choice to rule Hyperion, but when I was to going to insert that thing in mah head I pressed the wrong button so Rhys was like:
"Nope, I don't want this", and pushed the thing away and I ended up rejecting Hyperion instead.
What was your choice? And what do you think the outcome of the choices will be?

Comments

• I chose to rule. Feels good to be king.

• edited August 2015

Rule Hyperion ofc, it was my goal since episode 2 but I still don't trust Jack. The outcome? Never thought of that, now that Yvette has Sasha and Fiona captured Rhys would probably try to save them.

• To be honest while you get the same result for both choices I feel that this is going to effecting the present Fiona. I think all she knows is that Rhys did something crazy and someone got hurt. By knowing whether or not it was he rule or rejected though however, will probably influence if Fiona will forgive us.

• Rejected, I could tell Jack was just buttering us up at that point and I definitely wasn't about to give him the same if not more power he had back in Borderlands 2. I'm wanting to say this may be the cause or just added onto the initial divide between present Rhys/Fiona and I can't wait to see present Fiona's reaction when she realizes I didn't just give him the station on a silver platter.

• Rejected. I'm trying to play Rhys as a good guy until the end and somehow it didn't feel... right taking that position. ANd you could tell Jack wasn't completely being 'honest' with you, his reaction when I said 'no thanks' kinda confirmed it for me.

• edited August 2015

In terms of satisfaction, the rule Hyperion ending feels best and the cliffhanger isn't as painful. The rejection feels better for me morally and at least, I did everything I could to resist Handsome Jack. Also, I love this great line that Rhys gives Jack if you choose [Kiss my ass.]

"Kiss my ass! You died alone! No friends! No family! I am not gonna be you!"

It kinda sums up why I choose rejection. Power feels good, but you will be lonely at the top.

• I rejected the option, not because I don't want to rule Hyperion, I just don't want to put Jack back in power. This entire time, I tried to play things a certain way where I tried not to become to close to him, but also tried to keep him close enough, where we were on good enough terms that he could help me get to the top, and once there, get rid of him. Sadly, that's not what happened, and all I did was piss Jack off, which means I now have an entire space station pissed off at me.

• I ruled Hyperion. Hail to the king! I went with Jack every second and he is my main man!

• Wow, I had the exact same thought. Maybe rejecting is for the ones who thinks friendship is better than Universe domination!

AlphaLeague posted: »

To be honest while you get the same result for both choices I feel that this is going to effecting the present Fiona. I think all she knows

• I ruled Hyperion,I just couldn't help myself

• Yep. It's really bad we couldn't cry for help. If we could... it would've been such a heartwrenching scene, especially after telling girls the truth.

AlphaLeague posted: »

To be honest while you get the same result for both choices I feel that this is going to effecting the present Fiona. I think all she knows

• I played my Rhys as he introduced himself in episode 1: how he admired Jack and wanted to be just like him. I'll grant his wish, and gladly rule Hyperion.

• Couldn't jack that cable in fast enough.

enter image description here

• I rejected just to see Jacks reaction.I think the ending is more interesting, especially since Jack says he is gonna make Rhys kill Fiona,

• I was going good guy but Rhys has always been kind of a sleazebag to me, so I said yes but said I wanted to save Pandora with my newfound power and Jack looked disappointed but gave me his support which of course is questionable, plus I think this makes the whole Fiona not trusting Rhys in the future make more sense, since before this they kind of were buddies on my game.

• First play through I rejected, but on the second play through which is a Rhys who is bros with Jack I choose to rule and I gotta say the ending was freaking epic. I thought for sure Jack would turn on me the second he was free but I was wrong. Though I'm sure he will still turn on us at some point.

• edited August 2015

You....you tried to manipulate Jack? You wanted to BETRAY. JACK? Oh, dear LORD.........................

I rejected the option, not because I don't want to rule Hyperion, I just don't want to put Jack back in power. This entire time, I tried to

• "Thinks hard"

Rhys whispers: "....yes."

Jack: "What?"

Rhys, louder, more confidently: "YES! LET'S DO IT!"

Jack, excited: "YES! YOU'RE MY FAVOURITE DUDE!"

HUZZAH!

........please don't let this blow up in my face.

"does what Jack wants; Jack fades away into nothingness; eerie, omnous laughter reverberates around the room"

Rhys, nervously laughs along: "Eheheheee..............."

Oh, fuck me...............

I ruled Hyperion. Hail to the king! I went with Jack every second and he is my main man!

• edited August 2015

Gotta love Jack's boxing match-esque introduction of Rhys, to the gobsmacked looks on the faces of EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON HELOIS. ;)

"And in this cornerrrrrrrrrr, the chiefiest of executives, TOTALLY presidential material, hailing allllllll the way from Janitoriaaaalllllllll, my man..................RHYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

First play through I rejected, but on the second play through which is a Rhys who is bros with Jack I choose to rule and I gotta say the end

• It seemed extremely shady at first but he came through.

J_E_K posted: »

"Thinks hard" Rhys whispers: "....yes." Jack: "What?" Rhys, louder, more confidently: "YES! LET'S DO IT!" Jack, excited: "YES! Y

• The rejection ending shows why the rule ending will be short-lived.

• I want Rhys to rule Hyperion, but I want him to rule Hyperion alone, I tried to avoid putting Jack back in power, but I failed. I didn't think he was a threat as a mere hologram, so I didn't think I had anything to worry about, but now, I'm scared for my life.

J_E_K posted: »

You....you tried to manipulate Jack? You wanted to BETRAY. JACK? Oh, dear LORD.........................

• I think it is better to rule Hyperion to get an eye on Jack instead of pissing him of and make him get on a rampage

• Amen to that

I ruled Hyperion. Hail to the king! I went with Jack every second and he is my main man!

• Yep. You see, this, THIS RIGHT HERE, this is why I'm just....uh.....what's the nice way of saying a cowardly sycophant? There's NOT a nice way of saying that? Well, yeah. That's what I have decided to be. Because Jack scares the unholy crap out of me!

That rejection ending.........."shudders"

That "Rule" ending on the other hand........MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Totally going to blow up in my face the first time I do something Jack doesn't want me to, but still; all aboard the fun train! Moonshots and dead puppies for all!

I want Rhys to rule Hyperion, but I want him to rule Hyperion alone, I tried to avoid putting Jack back in power, but I failed. I didn't thi

• Hail to the KING!!!! and Handsome goddamn Jack!! That take over was epic especially the speech, good choice

• I rejected. I sympathize with Jack, but my sympathy only goes so far. I wasn't going to (willingly) put him back in control. Although, the game does set it up as if Rhys WOULD choose to rule and constantly work with Jack, seeing as it's frequently referenced he admired him and all. I also think that the episode is going to start with Jack going on an absolute rampage now, something the other ending could possibly avoid. I don't want to have to wait for Episode 5 :(

• Im wondering who is shitting themselves the most. Im thinking Yvette. August didnt look happy, Fiona and Sasha looked scared/sad, but Yvette is probably gona have a panic attack

• I chose "Rule", but when I saw that cable drive come out of the chair, I didn't trust it, looked like a goddamn scorpion tail. I pressed the button to jack it, but I hesitated, I was too late by a 10th of a second. Really loved how that turned out though, so I'm gonna stick with that.

Handsome Goddamn Jack. I love this guy. He played us all for fools from the very beginning, but he did it in such a sneaky way that never felt slimey, and with an amazing degree of panache. His guile, cunning, and cutthroat business acumen live on in his digital copy after his mortal life. Nakayama's obsession was not wasted on Hyperion's leading man.

• Why would anyone reject? I mean, even if you didn't let Jack take over your systems in Episode Two, you know he still has the ability to control your arm. Knowing the kind of person he is, it should be obvious that that thing was getting plugged into your head one way or another, so no reason to make Jack mad-or madder-at you. Plus, your friends were in some pretty big trouble at the moment, and full control over Hyperion could go a long way in saving them.

• edited August 2015

Yeah.

If Rhys is in control of Hyperion, Yevette is toast.

August, Finch and Kroger will be player determined probably.

And I'm hoping you can make amends with Fiona and Rhys, as Hyperion isnt all that popular with them.

lordofsoup posted: »

Im wondering who is shitting themselves the most. Im thinking Yvette. August didnt look happy, Fiona and Sasha looked scared/sad, but Yvette is probably gona have a panic attack

• edited August 2015

Because by choosing Hyperion you're essentially choosing it over your friends.

Even Jack says. "I can't wait to see the look on Fionas face when she finds out I'm back." In an heaps sinister "I'm going to probably kill her" way. :/

The_Duck posted: »

Why would anyone reject? I mean, even if you didn't let Jack take over your systems in Episode Two, you know he still has the ability to co

• I decided to rule Hyperion since I figured ruling a massive, evil corporation would be pretty sweet. Yeah, I was in a shitty mood when I made that choice lol

• I thought he said he couldn't wait to see the looks on "their" faces, and I remember him referring to Rhys being president.

I never really saw it as choosing Hyperion over your friends. For me, taking over was a way to help them.

bocajbee posted: »

Because by choosing Hyperion you're essentially choosing it over your friends. Even Jack says. "I can't wait to see the look on Fionas face when she finds out I'm back." In an heaps sinister "I'm going to probably kill her" way.

• edited August 2015

If you reject through hesitation, do you avoid telling Jack he's a maniac/psychopath, because even if it makes no impact on ep 5 and the dialougue's the same anyway, I'd rather do what I can to not piss Jack off massively. I mean, come on, Rhys, you could have just said that you didn't want the power, not that you thought Jack was an idiot. When Rhys said 'I'm done talking, I'm using the trapdoor', I cringed hugely. I was thinking 'Rhys, I don't think you can just dismiss him like that anymore'.

Hbh128 posted: »

I chose "Rule", but when I saw that cable drive come out of the chair, I didn't trust it, looked like a goddamn scorpion tail. I pressed the

• Yep, if you hesitate you never get a chance to say anything to piss him off - you're a completely compliant and willing participate up until the last second (but he seems to think that's just as bad as if you call him out for being psychopath - it'll be interesting to see if it affects next episode, though).

If you reject through hesitation, do you avoid telling Jack he's a maniac/psychopath, because even if it makes no impact on ep 5 and the dia

• edited August 2015

I hope it does, but if not, at least I tried XD

Though really what I do kind of want is for Jack to betray those who accepted. That way, I don't feel guilty for not taking the option that might have enabled me to help the others most and for betraying him. ;_;

Listening to a piece of cut dialogue that Hyperion Trash Can released, it seems like that was/is a possibility.

Yep, if you hesitate you never get a chance to say anything to piss him off - you're a completely compliant and willing participate up until

• I had just told Jack that I would fix Pandora if I had control of Hyperion, so I thought it would sound empty if I didn't actually take control when I could.

• I ruled Hyperion. While I was deciding, I remembered in Episode 1 how Rhys said he always wanted to be him. So, I fulfilled his wish.

Jack was also happy about it. Happy Jack, happy... uh, brain function. Yeah.

• Oh, he's totally going to screw us all over regardless - he's goddamn Handsome Jack!

I hope it does, but if not, at least I tried XD Though really what I do kind of want is for Jack to betray those who accepted. That way,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.