What's the population of the Ironrath?

And the army size, by rough estimation? I've only played first 4 episodes so please be considerate of spoilers.

Ironwrath looks like a small castle or an open keep with less than 100 people in it. I assume there must be some houses or farmlands belonging to house Forester in periphery.

My estimate is around 500 population with 30~40 soldiers considering the fact that usually having more than 5% of soldiers out of population is hardly sustainable in a long term in medieval age(needed at farm), and Foresters are short in food supply at the moment. Say if they had 30 soldiers and 25 of them died in the war, it explains why Forresters can't even muster enough men to match Whitehill's 20 soldiers in number since those 30 were probably the healthiest bunch in Forester's land.

Bolton's had 4000 soldiers IIRC which composed roughly 1/4 of the north's whole military strength. I might be underestimating Forester's strength too much since it's unlikely Bolton is 100 times bigger than Foresters. What do you think?

Comments

• At episode 4 we see Peasants training in Combat.
    So I think It's safe to say that every soldier in House Forrester has either died or deserted.

And seeing as Episode 5 has ended we will probably have no one at all at Ironrath since the Peasants might've packed up and went to find another place to live in, or most of them starved to death.

• 5 training peasants

10 small folk

5 remaining shitty fighters

And the family itself

Sign in to comment in this discussion.