Will there be alternate starting options?

What I would enjoy is alternate beginnings, so that the player could have more control over the plot, while not altering it. Seeing as the game is built on choice, this makes sense to me, and I personally love choice in a game and would appreciate this option. I would also enjoy if you could have deeper relationships with NPCs.

Comments

• So this is how telltale games work, you get to choose different dialogue options that only change the instant reaction of the character you're talking to and basically never anything else. Telltale games always have a set story which you can't change, you can only change how you progress through it and how you reach your destination.

• Thank you for answering that, I am very new to Telltale.

• I wouldnt hold out that much on the choice element, expecting major changes may lead to you being disappointing

• Indeed.

I wouldnt hold out that much on the choice element, expecting major changes may lead to you being disappointing

• That's not really true Steve, some choices do have impacts in future episodes and maybe, who knows, in determining the end of your story, however it is true that your story will always follow a determined path. Nonetheless. I'm sure you'll be more than intrigued by taking certain choices. I hope you have a good time around here.

Thank you for answering that, I am very new to Telltale.

• The only thing to know about Choices in Telltale Games is that while the story is technically linear, you could have a completely different experience from someone else. Sure you might be getting the same scene but a character could have an entirely different opinion on you compared to another persons playthrough. Not to mention certain characters/scenes could show up that another person playing could never see their first time through. If Tales from the Borderlands is any indication. You can expect some fun choices in Minecraft Storymode.

• Most of the choices you make in a Telltale game affect your relationship with other characters in the story and how they view you. Choices in this case are more of a way to personalize your own version of the story Telltale shares.

• Telltale is much more of enter the same come out different.

• I hope you can have mine crafty elements such as first person environments, being able to explore big areas, and being able to jump off high areas

• Minecraft: Story Mode will very likely play close to typical Telltale games. I think a panel by Telltale Staff Members confirmed there would be no first person view or open world exploration (which would include "being able to jump off high areas"). However, there will very likely be hub areas that are similar to other modern Telltale games like Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Wolf Among Us, or Borderlands.

I hope you can have mine crafty elements such as first person environments, being able to explore big areas, and being able to jump off high areas

• edited August 2015

Welcome to the forums!

Alternate starts are really unlike to happen, but alternate endings are possible.

• Yup, it's been announced that you can choose what your character looks like and the gender of your character.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.