The most disappointing choices.

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I really like Telltale's Game of Thrones. The characters, the story, it's all amazing. Don't get me wrong. I like this game but there are some disappointing major choices in this game.

For me, the most disappointing major choice is Stabbing Ramsay or not because we know that he can't die because he's still alive in the TV show.

Remember, everyone has their own opinion. Feel free to say which major choice disappointed you the most. :)

Edit: My opinion may actually change after the release of episode 6.

Comments

• edited August 2015

Episode 1:

Saving Bowen

Sentinel Choice

Opening gates or not

Episode 2:

Sparing Tazal: Only appears once

Forging the letter: No consequences

Securing or not securing betrothal with Elaena: Nothing changes

Episode 3:

Saving or leaving Tom: Comes back the same, minor dialogue change

What we did with Britt: He ways dies anyway

Standing up or submitting to Gryff: Barely referred to

Episode 4:

Maiming Gryff: Unlike the other decisions this one's outcomes are literally non existent do to an unpatchable glitch.

Saving Finn: In the long run poorly handled

Episode 5:

Stabbing Ramsay: So pointless...

Catching the rabbit: They just tried to squeeze something in there

I like the game overall pre episode 5 but it's terrible with managing choices.

• I know I should be more accurate but I meant major choices.

Sorry for telling you that late x(

Clemenem posted: »

Episode 1: Saving Bowen Sentinel Choice Opening gates or not Episode 2: Sparing Tazal: Only appears once Forging the lette

• edited August 2015

Choices matter, they are not as important as we wish. Choices matter in dialogues. I think everyone would want to make choices more important but thats not going to happen.

• edited August 2015

While I'm not as critical as some other people over the scene, I think the traitor should have been decided by more than your choice of who you didn't pick as Sentinel, so that was a bit disappointing. Instead, make it depend on numerous choices that you made as Ethan and Rodrik, and whoever you sided with the least would be the traitor.

• I didn't say that choices don't matter. Because they do matter. All I said is that there are some major disappointing choices in the game. That's all :)

PanJogurt posted: »

Choices matter, they are not as important as we wish. Choices matter in dialogues. I think everyone would want to make choices more important but thats not going to happen.

• Yeah, it doesn't make sense. And I agree with you. For who is the traitor should've been depended on the choices you made as Rodrik and Ethan. But they depended that only in one choice, who will be the sentinel. It's disappointing :/

While I'm not as critical as some other people over the scene, I think the traitor should have been decided by more than your choice of who

• What do you mean by saving Finn? Was that a choice I missed?

Episode 1: Saving Bowen Sentinel Choice Opening gates or not Episode 2: Sparing Tazal: Only appears once Forging the lette

• I count bringing him along as saving him seeing as how he would have been killed by Frostfinger

Menofthe214 posted: »

What do you mean by saving Finn? Was that a choice I missed?

• I don't know, none of the choices have really angered me, maybe in EP1 choosing to fight Ramsay or use Diplomacy? Mainly because you always negotiate no matter what but that's just a minor nitpick it didn't bother me that much. I kind of wish the choice of what to lose when you meet Croft was a real thing :p

• Bringing Finn along. He's one of my favorite characters-- unpopular an opinion as it is-- but I knew the second we were given that choice he'd die anyway.

Also, leaving Britt. I didn't try to kill him, yet he died anyway. I also didn't stab him in the chest, but the game ALWAYS says that you do regardless. I mean, stabbing someone right in the chest pretty much makes it seem like you wanted to kill!

• I don't see stabing Ramsay as a major choice either though, so you basically didn't say any yourself.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I know I should be more accurate but I meant major choices. Sorry for telling you that late x(

• It's actually one of the five major choices in episode 5.

I don't see stabing Ramsay as a major choice either though, so you basically didn't say any yourself.

• edited August 2015

Uh can you give me one reason why it's major? Just because there's 2 options does not make it a major choice, it does nothing except giving you a different reaction from Ramsay, dialogue choices do the same thing, and no one counts those as "major choices".

Wolfenus54 posted: »

It's actually one of the five major choices in episode 5.

• But Finn dies in episode 5. I dont think Frostfinger will kill him. If you have him stay he will use the alarm bell so Frostfinger wont notice him as a traitor.

I count bringing him along as saving him seeing as how he would have been killed by Frostfinger

• Because it shows up on the end screen with the other choices, those are the choices we constitute as major.

Uh can you give me one reason why it's major? Just because there's 2 options does not make it a major choice, it does nothing except giving

• The game outright displays it as a major choice. Therefore, it is a major choice regardless of how stupid and pointless it was.

Uh can you give me one reason why it's major? Just because there's 2 options does not make it a major choice, it does nothing except giving

• So far any of the options Mira has to take something, with the exception of the Tyrell Seal.

Cause so far they've been useless. Key? Useless. Dagger? Useless, and not even harmful. Ironwood Decree? Useless, although I have heard if you treated Tom like shit before this can be the straw that breaks his loyalty to Mira.

I'm hopeful that in chapter 6 these items come up. Especially that damned key. It is awful in a game to have a key and not have a use for it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.