Season 1 and 2 do not work on Windows 10

edited August 2015 in Sam & Max

Just an FYI

Season 1 and 2, from Steam, crash instantly on Windows 10.

I had no issues with Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2 on Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10, insta-crash.

Season 3 works fine so far.

Comments

• I'm having the same issue and I want to play through the rest of season 2. Is this a Windows 10 issue or something Telltale can fix? I hope someone comes up with a workaround that fixes the glitch.

• windows 10 does not support the DRM software called secuROM and safedisc because it's deeply entwined in the operating system. it has a gaping security hole that pretty much allows anything.

so in short, sam and max season 1 and 2 rely on securom. they aren't natively installed so that is the reason for the insta crash.
    they should push a DRM free version to steam like what good old games have.

• for me the workaround was to download the Good old Games version, install it somewhere. then go to where steam installed the games. delete content in the folder and copy the good old games version into the empty steam folders.

works like a charm

Darkmire posted: »

I'm having the same issue and I want to play through the rest of season 2. Is this a Windows 10 issue or something Telltale can fix? I hope someone comes up with a workaround that fixes the glitch.

• Crap! I don't have the money right to repurchase the games. Anyway to update the games?

• Yet one more reason not to install Windows 10 instantly. I have huge number of old game discs which use SecuROM and other DRM programmes.

DRM is usually nothing but trouble. I remember that when I first installed 64 bit system I had to update some DRM software to it's latest versions, because the ones which came in the disc weren't compatible with 64 bit systems.

windows 10 does not support the DRM software called secuROM and safedisc because it's deeply entwined in the operating system. it has a gapi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.