Mira has no personality

2»

Comments

• And that's something particular to her in this game, and that the other characters do not experience in such a radical way.

It is because she is playing the Game of Thrones more actively, I think. Though I always try to be nice when playing her, I am also always under the impression that the "nice" options are more of her acting, especially when she wants something from the person she is talking to.

We can see a few of her personality traits through her masks, or maybe it is just me reading too much into it again and making up a personality to her, but she could use more exposition.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Expand on this, please? Most of Mira's personality is determined by the way you speak and the boldness of your decisions. She can be a bitch who manipulates and uses her friends to gain momentum, or a kind person who wants to help her family.

• edited August 2015

I wouldn't go as far as to say that she has absolutely no personality, because she does have some, technically!! She can be bright and cunning, or quite snarky, depending on our choices. She doesn't have to be as cold as the place she comes from (haha) unless you really make her to be :P But I do believe that she has way too few opportunities to let her "normal," non-handmaiden self shine, which sucks. I can't even imagine her interacting with her siblings, honestly...

I think Mira is definitely caught up with trying to win herself around the people at King's Landing, so much that the qualities of Mira, not the handmaiden but the young woman, gets suppressed. I can't blame her though... King's Landing is quite a superficial place; even Margaery had said in the beginning, "You may feel one thing, but you must say another."

But I remember wondering how Mira must've felt about the deaths of her father and her little brother, about Rodrik surprisingly being found, uh, not dead, and the like. But obviously, we are given a busy busy Mira bustling about the place, as if only the words "I need to help my family" are monotonously flashing in her mind (in our eyes, at least), which is understandable but... not, at the same time. I wish Telltale added a little scene with Mira talking with Sera, or even herself, about how she currently felt, HER RAW EMOTIONS, or something. Just her reflecting upon the whole shebang... she had to have felt something, right? A little bit could have added a lot more depth to her character, I think. I actually like Mira, but I just wish Telltale could have added a little more to her character.

• I want to see Mira showing her raw emotions, too. Maybe having a breakdown if she ever gets the chance to do that around someone that is not going to get her killed the moment she displeases them. Holding all of the pain, the anger and the sorrow I imagine she is feeling inside her for all this time can't be good.

Maybe she talked about this kind of stuff off-screen with Sera or Tom, who seem to be the people that are closer to her. I would like to see that kind of interaction on screen, though. Mira's POV has so much potential, and yet she has so little screen time :/

Aedaryn posted: »

I wouldn't go as far as to say that she has absolutely no personality, because she does have some, technically!! She can be bright and cunni

• Yeah, exactly... There's a lot they could do with Mira emotionally, since she's so far from home, yet still has to equally carry the burdens from home, but it's a bit disappointing that Mira's emotions aren't really explored :(

Abeille posted: »

I want to see Mira showing her raw emotions, too. Maybe having a breakdown if she ever gets the chance to do that around someone that is not

• My Mira is sassy as shit haha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.