Borderlands Confession Thread ( Revived for episode 5 )

I haven't seen a confession thread for TFTBL so I've decided to make one....

A thread to share what you like/dislike about the Borderlands franchise, to share opinions and of course confessions.

I'll start I guess

• Ever Since I heard Chris Hardwick is Vaughn's voice actor it makes me now want to watch The Talking dead
  • I ship Lilith and Mordecai
  • I like Pickle
  • One of my favorite quotes from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is "Booty Souffle"
  • My favorite Tiny Tina quote is "Did you guys ever "Hang out" if you know what I mean"
  • Undead Ned was my favorite boss fight in the franchise, my second would have to be the Zarpedon boss fight
  • I'd like to think that in Borderlands 3 you'd get to be more interactive at the bar like buy an actual drink that doesn't boost your stats, eat food and play mini games with the citizens(like darts.etc)of whatever the main hub is gonna be in BL3
  • I like how Gearbox decided on Borderlands to be cell-shaded last minute unlike how they originally had with realistic graphics
  • I wish in BL3 you could have the option to add silencers to guns in case you want to go stealthy, and/or change melee weapons

Comments

• Part of me still wants to know what borderlands pre cell-shaded was like.

• edited August 2015

Borderlands is the reason I game. Not the reason I bought an xbox, however. I got an xbox, and like all 10 year olds, only played CoD(Not actual gaming). I know, I know, I'm a fag and all, but then I found Borderlands. It's the reason I got BL2, which lead to me getting BL:TPS(HUGE disappointment btw), and the reason I got Tales. When I got Tales, I loved it so much, I had to get TWD: S1, TWAU, and GoT, for obvious reasons. Love them all. But Borderlands is and will always be my favorite game franchise ever. I fucking love you, Randy Pitchford.

Oh yea and for a confession, I never finished BL1 completely :(

• Part of me still wants to know what borderlands pre cell-shaded was like.

• I find Handsome Jack and Timothy Lawrence-- I mean, Jack2.0, to be both equally as funny.

• You know I remember that trailer seeming a lot cooler...

BAD. "Holy nutballs! What happened to your frickin' face?!"

• I was super dissapointed with BL:TPS when I first finished it, but after I moved on from it, it's become one of my go to games when I'm bored (I have more time on it than BL2)

• Everytime I get to the Wildlife Explotation Facility I have to take a break because I hate that part of the game. (The whole middle of the game kind of bores me tbh.)

• I was really bothered by Mr. Blake before I played the Robolution DLC because I had only heard him in BL2. Now I want to see him more.

• I've bought BL three times, BL2 at least six times, and TPS six times. And then I have a copy of the Handsome Jack collection and have probably bought Tales six times as well. (If you're wondering, yes, most of those went to friends, and were all digital. I have a physical copies of BL, BL2, and the Handsome Jack collection.) (And I got most of them off steam sales.)

• edited August 2015

My mom and I usually play videogames together but she never wanted to play Borderlands because she hates shooters, so when TFTBL came out I was so eager to show her as graphic adventures are her favorite kind of games. But, she said she would only play it if it's a feel-good comedy because she's tired of dramas, and I was like "yeah, totally, no crying in this one". So in the first two episodes she falls in love with Vasquez (it's a long story, basically she knows someone IRL whose name is also Hugo Vasquez and he's special to her) and in episode 3 she was SO UPSET and replayed the scene 5 times to see if it was possible to avoid his fate. And now she's like "WHY... I TRUSTED YOU...".

And it's probably going to be even worse when she plays episode 4.

• edited August 2015
    • I hate Lilith and mostly blame her for the events of Borderlands 2
    • I despise the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, however the fight with Bloodwing is great.
    • Opportunity is one of my favorite places to go to in the game.
    • I like Janey Springs
    • I feel guilty every time I kill a Loader Bot in BL2
    • I like the Torgue DLC more than Tiny Tina DLC
    • The Bunker is one of my favorite boss fights in the game.
    • I ship Rhys and Sasha
    • While I liked the Pre Sequel, a lot of the characters aren't as memorable as BL2 characters, and aren't as likable either (Pickle, Nurse Nina, Meriff, etc.)
    • I originally didn't kill myself when Jack gave me the mission to do so.
    • The Caustic Caverns is the absolute worst place in the entire series.
    • I never use shotguns and laser weapons and rarely use slag weapons.
    • I hate Torgue pistols, but love their rocket launchers
    • I didn't like how, in BL2, your character never speaks and is always simply referred to as Vault Hunter instead of their actual name, this is one of my favorite improvements in TPS
    • I never change the way my character looks and often sell whatever skins I find at a vending machine.
  • edited August 2015

-- I like Jack in the Pre-Sequel. Not even 'I hate him so much I like him' but I actually do like him and kind of feel bad for him. I tend to consider him separately from Handsome Jack even though I realize he was never a particularly great guy.
    "I'm sorry, I don't know who that is! I know who HANDSOME Jack is, though!"- quote a la the man himself

-- I ship Rhysha because I think it's cute and don't understand where Rhyiona comes from. But most of all I really like Sasha and hope for her to be happy and find a way off of Pandora even if she doesn't like Rhys. It makes me very sad that so many people hate her and want her dead because they feel like the pairing was forced :(

-- I want Handsome Rhys to become a thing and stay a thing after the end of Tales. I like it in stories when people who don't like each other are forced to share headspace. Yu-gi-oh was frustrating because I was like, "Why is he just FINE with letting this old Egyptian dude take over his body? He should be upset about it, it's his body! Ugh!"

-- I also liked Pickle. But I didn't really like Tiny Tina. ...Whoops.

• edited August 2015

I never actually knew TftB was a Telltale game when I first heard about it, I just thought it was Borderlands 2 DLC.

Then some time later, I find the game on PSN, and I decide to buy it.

Never hearing about it caused me to not know Handsome Jack was in it, so you could guess how shocked I was when I see him and he says, "And then I'll probably kill you."

(Keep seeing these big lists lmao. I might make a big list :p )

• This will be for TFTB only. The BL2 and TPS ones would take far, far too long to list right now.

• I hope that August will live, or at least, die a hero's death and redeem himself around there. He may be annoying for some people, but most of the fanbase likes/is cool with him and despite the current grumpy phase he's in as of Episode 3, there have been some hints of him being a somewhat effective leader. As well as that, he could very well end up as a Berserker in BL3. Come on, if they could potentially get Troy freaking Baker and Laura, Nolan needs a slice of the pie too! I just want to see him STOP BEING SO GODDAMN GRUMPY and revert back to his classier, more friendly personality from Episodes 1 to 2.
    • I would like Vaughn to live as well. If we're gonna have the team as the new Vault Hunters, Vaughn could be the sniper class. While being a semi-insane Psycho who does accounting. Also, his friendship and bromance with Rhys is considered one of the finest aspects of the series. KEEP IT, TELLTALE.
    • # SaveTimothy. Seriously. He's not been very well-developed as a character and is so far the only TPS Vault Hunter to have not showed up outside TPS (AND NO, THAT BODY DOUBLE IN BL2 IS AN ENGINEER IN GREEN), so having him appear somehow, even if it's in a Wanted Poster or a PA announcement, would make my day. Also, he is very much one of the nicest Vault Hunters out of the entire group, if not the nicest, and killing off the most morally good Vault Hunter from a group made up of generally bloodthirsty and not-exactly-too-likeable-unless-you-count-Athena mass murderers would just be cruel.
    • GET THE TEAM TO SANCTUARY ALREADY.
    • I would like Vallory and Yvette to get their comeuppances. Especially Yvette.
    • We need the Vault of the Traveler to be the most gorgeous one so far. You thought Eleseer was beautiful? FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS ONE!
    • If Gortys dies...make it awesome. Make it badass. If the cutest robot in existence has to go, make it dignified...and make sure she gets repaired, too.
    • ZER0 AND ATHENA NEED TO BE SHOWN AS TWO BFF ASSASSINS WRECKING FACE.
    • I personally headcanon Rhys using shotguns, Fiona using revolvers, Sasha using SMGs, August using Assault Rifles when he loses his Jakobs and Vaughn with sniper rifles.
    • I ship Fiona/August, having a headcanon that they dated for a pretty long time many years back, until something went wrong. And the reason why August doesn't recognize her in Episode 1 was because she was wearing her old clothes when he knew her.
    • I actually ship Rhysha...
    • ...but Rhyiona is what my friend ships and posts art on-some of it very well done-so I support that ship too.
    • I would like Handsome Jack to become Borderlands' Skynet and stick around in BL3, but only as a supporting character or a supporting villain compared to the bigger threats.
    • I was a little upset when Vasquez died, because he'd shown to be already quite threatening and a bigger douchebag than Jack (which is really saying something), so he could be the main villain for BL3. But still, a total douchebag has gotten his comeuppance, and that's awesome enough already.
    • We need Rhys, Fiona and the gang to get actual guns. The Derringer and Stun Baton already have been in the limelight for 4 episodes. At least give Rhys a nice shiny Leverage pistol or something.
    • I would like any non-Borderlands players, or as I like to call them, rookies, to go out, or save up, and play Borderlands 2. Trust me, everything will make a lot more sense once you've played, and understood some of the things you didn't get. But before that, do research first. ESPECIALLY on the weapons manufacturers-half of the game is finding what manufacturer suits you best, what primary weapon type you will use and what kinds of loot you should get or dump.
  • Keep seeing these big lists lmao. I might make a big list :p

You have list envy.

I never actually knew TftB was a Telltale game when I first heard about it, I just thought it was Borderlands 2 DLC. Then some time later

• I enjoyed TPS, not as much as BL2 and 1 but i thought it was pretty alright and i think it got too much hate
    • I immediately played through the main stories of all borderlands games after episode one of tftbl, i got really curious about the lore and all (i still play all of the games and love them a lot : D)
    • I really can't stand torgue guns
    • I don't like the tiny tina dlc a lot, but i like the torgue dlc..irony
    • I always like playing as sniper-like classes, zero and mordecai are my fav playable vault hunters
    • I suck a lot at uvhm in borderlands 2 . embaressing, i know... makes me wonder why uvhm in tps was so easy (probably because doppelganger is just an op class, haha)
    • i got like, 8 verucs while trying to get the lyuda, before the drop rates were increased in the big patch a while ago.(i always killed both of the guys for some reason) i randomly gave some of them away in multiplayer
  • Ok, here I go...

Borderlands

• I actually don't like any of the BL/BL2 vault hunters, I find their personalities lacking
    • ...and I only play Axton cause he's hot
    • I don't like Tiny Tina at all, I find her obnoxious
    • I truly believe Handsome Jack had the right idea - Pandora can only be cleansed by fire
    • I really liked TPS

TFTB

• I can't play my canon Rhys as anything other than a corporate douchebag
    • ...and I love playing him that way
    • I don't like Sasha, not because I think she's a badly written character, I just can't stand her personality type irl
    • ...and I honestly think the romantic undertones still present when you've been a complete Hyperion fanboy and all-over jackass bastardize both Rhys' and Sasha's characterizations
    • Ep.5 will probably crush my dreams of ruling the universe by Jack's side, but for me ep.4's 'Rule Hyperion' moment of glory ending almost makes up for it
    • ...so epic
    • I enjoy watching lp's by players who reject Hyperion just to see their reactions to Jack taking control and doing his thing anyways... schadenfreude :P
  • Ohhh UVHM in BL2 was Hell the first time i played it! You Are forced to use slag. Or you Need to have the best gear in the Game. It's Far more enjoyable in TPS thanks to no Health Regeneration for enemys! And yes, Timothy is the Most OP character in the Game, well Next to nisha of course. Damnit! Because of you i want to Play it again. Choke on that like!

0nryo posted: »

* I enjoyed TPS, not as much as BL2 and 1 but i thought it was pretty alright and i think it got too much hate * I immediately played throu

• edited August 2015

Ah, yes, Timothy... at some point I found myself going 'I could shoot those enemies, I guess... but why waste ammo? Action skill - badass Jacks - recall - reduced cooldown - action skill - rinse, repeat...' while I looted containers and gathered drops. It even works on the raid boss.

Actually still fun tho.

GSSalvador posted: »

Ohhh UVHM in BL2 was Hell the first time i played it! You Are forced to use slag. Or you Need to have the best gear in the Game. It's Far mo

• UVHM with Athena was great for me so far (I haven't completed UVHM though yet since I got my PC back and I stopped using my PS4 for a while) but so far the only pain in the ass was deadlift.

* I enjoyed TPS, not as much as BL2 and 1 but i thought it was pretty alright and i think it got too much hate * I immediately played throu

• Yeah, UVHM is nearly impossible for me. I'm playing as Zer0 and my money supply has been nearly depleted as result of respawns and buying more ammunition. I knew it would be hard, just not that hard.

• I have pretty good gear in bl2, i think i need to stop using the bee and instead switch to a shield with more capacity.. i'm too used to the nice extra damage :'D I'm totally gonna try again though! i'm glad im not alone with that experience : >

Ohhh UVHM in BL2 was Hell the first time i played it! You Are forced to use slag. Or you Need to have the best gear in the Game. It's Far mo

• Oh yes, deadlift was annoying even with timothy.. instant shield depletion, ugh..
    lost a ton of money, but after some tries i beat him : > an electric rosie is really useful in that fight !

UVHM with Athena was great for me so far (I haven't completed UVHM though yet since I got my PC back and I stopped using my PS4 for a while) but so far the only pain in the ass was deadlift.

• I feel like i take a lot of damage as Zer0 and die really quickly (probably because i still use the bee instead of a shield with higher capacity..)
    good luck with your run though : 3 i'm gonna try it again soon myself!

Yeah, UVHM is nearly impossible for me. I'm playing as Zer0 and my money supply has been nearly depleted as result of respawns and buying more ammunition. I knew it would be hard, just not that hard.

• I have killed face mcshooty a disturbing amount of times.

• edited August 2015

It's a good thing his name was Face and not Richard.

I have killed face mcshooty a disturbing amount of times.

• The first Borderlands game is my favorite FPS out of the three.
    • Though I played as Roland in the first game, I didn't care much for his death in Borderlands 2.
    • I found the death of Angel upsetting.
    • Tiny Tina is my favorite NPC of all time.
    • My favorite vault hunter out of all of them is Athena.
    • I find Athena and Janey's relationship freaking adorable.
    • I originally shipped Rhyiona after my first playthrough of Ep1. It wasn't until after replaying the episode that I discovered the pinky promise between Rhys and Sasha, and I instantly fell in love with the idea of the two of them together.
    • Though I find Jack hilarious, I despise his very being and will never side with him.
    • I was more excited for Game of Thrones than TFTB when the games were announced.
    • Tales has overtaken Season One of The Walking Dead as my favorite Telltale Games series. Which says a lot about how amazing it truly is.
  • Oh my god your mom is so awesome ;D My mom would never get invested in videogames..

I once showed my Gortys drawings to my mom and she said "Is that a monkey?" xD And I'm not a bad drawer..

rhonu posted: »

My mom and I usually play videogames together but she never wanted to play Borderlands because she hates shooters, so when TFTBL came out I

• I would try to get a New Bee shield every 5 Levels. Because you don't really Need a shield because enemies will shoot it down within a Second. But you Cant get 1 shotted thanks to The Healthgate mechanic. So get yourself a Chain Lightning granade from Tiny Tinas Dlc, while equipping the grogg nozzle and you can instantly heal yourself with one granade throw!

I have pretty good gear in bl2, i think i need to stop using the bee and instead switch to a shield with more capacity.. i'm too used to the nice extra damage :'D I'm totally gonna try again though! i'm glad im not alone with that experience : >

• I didn't honor Scooter's memory in my 1st playthrough
    • I ship Rhys with pretty much everyone in the game
    • I like hearing Handsome Jack talk about any and everything
    • I like hearing Kroger talk
    • Tales from the Borderlands is my first telltale game that I actually play
    • I didn't get this game until after episode 3
  • edited August 2015
    • i liked Vasquez....(more Patrick Warburton is always a good thing.)
    • i liked the pre sequel .
      (i really liked how the vault hunters in TPS talked and interacted with a lot of things. going back to BL2 i missed their banter between other characters and NPCs .Also timothy was awesome)

• i refuse to use shotguns. idk why

• Jack is my favourite character.
    • I have spent over 40 or so hours on this game and i regret nothing!
    • having played TPS when i played BL2again.. i may or may not have spent 5 mins shooting Lilith with a rocket launcher.
    • if i had to pick a ship i would ship vaughn and drakefruit.
    • I like Rhys a little more than Fiona... still like her though.

• ʷʰᵉᶰ ᶦ ᶠᶦʳˢᵗ ˢᵃʷ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶦ ˢᵒʳᵗᵃ ᵏᶦᶰᵈᵃ ˢᶜʳᵒᶫᶫᵉᵈ ᵖᵃˢˢᵉᵈ ᶦᵗ⋅ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᶦ ᵈᶦᵈᶰᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ʰᵒʷ ᵃᵐᵃᶻᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵇᵉ⋅ᶦᵐ ˢᵒ ˢᵒ ˢᵒʳʳʸ⋅⋅⋅ ﹔_﹔im so glad i bought it!

• I may have shot him there anyway...oops.

It's a good thing his name was Face and not Richard.

• "ʷʰᵉᶰ ᶦ ᶠᶦʳˢᵗ ˢᵃʷ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶦ ˢᵒʳᵗᵃ ᵏᶦᶰᵈᵃ ˢᶜʳᵒᶫᶫᵉᵈ ᵖᵃˢˢᵉᵈ ᶦᵗ⋅ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᶦ ᵈᶦᵈᶰᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ʰᵒʷ ᵃᵐᵃᶻᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵇᵉ⋅ᶦᵐ ˢᵒ ˢᵒ ˢᵒʳʳʸ⋅⋅⋅ ﹔_﹔im so glad i bought it!"

Is this supposed to look like this? Or is it a problem with my browser?

Lxura posted: »

* i liked Vasquez....(more Patrick Warburton is always a good thing.) * i liked the pre sequel . (i really liked how the vault hunters in

• ◦having played TPS when i played BL2again.. i may or may not have spent 5 mins shooting Lilith with a rocket launcher.

Only 5 minutes? Dude, I tried using a rocket launcher, melee attacks, a pistol, a SMG, and a sniper on her for like 10 minutes, it didn't work.

* i liked Vasquez....(more Patrick Warburton is always a good thing.) * i liked the pre sequel . (i really liked how the vault hunters in

• edited August 2015

.its supposed to :)

"ʷʰᵉᶰ ᶦ ᶠᶦʳˢᵗ ˢᵃʷ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶦ ˢᵒʳᵗᵃ ᵏᶦᶰᵈᵃ ˢᶜʳᵒᶫᶫᵉᵈ ᵖᵃˢˢᵉᵈ ᶦᵗ⋅ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᶦ ᵈᶦᵈᶰᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ʰᵒʷ ᵃᵐᵃᶻᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵇᵉ⋅ᶦᵐ ˢᵒ ˢᵒ ˢᵒʳʳʸ⋅⋅

• if i had to pick a ship i would ship vaughn and drakefruit.

And just like that I have a new OTP...

• edited August 2015
    • I love hearing the exchanges between Finch and Kroeger (my husband and I quote them all of the time).
    • I've always had a bit of a lady crush on Athena.
    • I <3 August and feel sorry for him because he had to grow up with Vallory.
    • I like Sasha and can actually identify with her in some ways.
    • I don't really ship Rhys with anyone, but I do let him attempt to flirt with Sasha whenever I get the chance because I think it's cute.
    • So far I've been playing Rhys as the Hyperion jackass who's had a change of heart. But every now and then I can't resist letting him be douchey.
    • I rewound episode 2 just so I could see the opening again.
    • I'm disappointed that I haven't seen Claptrap in Tales yet.
    • I haven't even been trying to figure out the identity of The Stranger because I want to be surprised.
    • I feel like a bit of a bad person for laughing as hard as I did during the General Pollux scene. (I lost it when I saw him eating with the spork.)
    • I didn't like Vasquez's character, but I loved hearing Patrick Warburton's voice, so I enjoyed nearly every scene he was in.
    • I think I will cry if anything really bad happens to LoaderBot.
    • I was so stunned after the Scooter scene in episode 4 that I had to pause my game for a few minutes before I could go back to playing.
    • I'm not a big fan of Jack, but I got a little lump in my throat when he talked about Angel in episode 4.
  • edited August 2015
    • Despite being a big Borderlands fangirl ive never played the 1st game(i couldn't get into it)
    • Like i stated above i got into the series with Borderlands 2
    • I never liked Jack and thought he was overrated until i played the pre-sequel
    • Claptrap initially annoyed me to no end, but in my 2nd play through i somehow fell in love with his character.
    • I always found Lilith to be a b*tch In BL2
    • Sasha, Gaige, Moxxi, Jack, Maya, Athena and Rhys are my favorite characters because i mostly am attracted to them(i like their personalities too! lol)
    • Despite not liking Jack in BL2 i always though he was right about cleansing/bringing order Pandora
    • I wish Lilith died instead of Angel and i cried when she did
    • I always thought the New U station was canon and that got me upset with the plot of BL2(like why certain characters didnt come back, stupid i know)
  • You should start a thread.

if i had to pick a ship i would ship vaughn and drakefruit. And just like that I have a new OTP...

• I literally do not use Moxxi's for how game-crushing they are like this.

I would try to get a New Bee shield every 5 Levels. Because you don't really Need a shield because enemies will shoot it down within a Secon

• Assault rifles are my favorite guns to use.
    • I never actually played the first game and never beat the second.
    • I really hate Lilith and how she made Jack all evil and stuff.
    • I always play the slots in Moxxi's Bar in TPS at least once when I'm in Concordia.
    • I've recently started leaning towards Rhys/Jack and I don't know why?
    • Not trying to be rude, but I really hate that stupid Zer0/Athena ship on FFN. It's so bad.
  • edited August 2015

Zer0/Athena ship?enter image description here

wwrstvo0 posted: »

* Assault rifles are my favorite guns to use. * I never actually played the first game and never beat the second. * I really hate Lilith a

• Oh my god. Not episode 4. Skip that one or your mom might hate you.

rhonu posted: »

My mom and I usually play videogames together but she never wanted to play Borderlands because she hates shooters, so when TFTBL came out I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.