Won't start on Windows 10

I can't get the game to work. I have tried several solutions but none of the solutions work.

I change the resolution, uncheck the "enable the steam overlay", reinstall the game and when into perps.prof file to change Window0 to Windows1 but that made the game not start at all.

The error mesage is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Comments

• Same problem :(

• The staff is aware of the issue. As far as I know, there's no fix for it yet, but hopefully there will be one soon.

• you need to remove full screen and go to windowed mode

I'm not going to tell you how but if you cheek with steam community
    someone named Digital found a workaround.

that is it I can tell you without the risk of being banned. thanks for your understanding from Wright Micah ( I trend it and it works on Sam & max season 1)

• edited March 2016

All you have to do is delete the prefs.props file located in the episode directory, make a shortcut to the episode, add -sw to the end of the target line in the short cut's properties. Run the shortcut [this generates a new prefs.props file.] Remove the -sw from the target line and start the game.

From there you can set any resolution that's selectable you just can't use full screen mode. Full screen causes the crash. You can play full screen however, you just have to use borderless gaming to force the window into a borderless window. You do have to do this for each episode in season 1 and 2. Borderless gaming is freeware that is also sold on steam, but it's open source and can be downloaded for free from their website. You can add each episode to automatic fullscreen inside borderless gaming, so it will automatically apply full screen every time the game is launched.

You can also use the Tell Tale Resolution Tool to make the window 1920x1080 so you can play the first season in full screen wide also. Game works fine on Windows 10. Season 3 works natively as long as you unplug all your game controllers or have the Xbox controller as the first device in your game controllers panel.

Also, why would they ban you for helping people launch the game? There is no third party software required to play it in a window, and the borderless game software is just a work around for the bug that they haven't fixed yet [and probably never will, to be honest.]

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited March 2016

Wright Micah Simi-Rough* Build 19, Telltale Community warning i am Dyslexic, if you can't read it i'm sorry

I'm not sure if the last comment was mentioning mine. if it is here is my explanation from Below. before you read i did explain windows 10 issel from here. https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/101860/sam-max-glitch-thread-windows-10-fixes-here-warning-not-a-telltale-stuff but it's not as good as yours Laokin; yours is right on, sorry but i'v nortest you never want to the forums for 4 years and come back hmm interesting, etherway welcome back.

your right mable i am being peaanerd about the moderator most noertly people like blend snaper I Rally don't Trust, Even Other Mods
    mods like blend snaper lite me explen why mods are a problem, everytime a persen asks for the commynitys help for an game issel, there tell users Too request a telltale games support center, for telltale to assentst you. now i see a broch of post massages asking the community about help because telltale did not respond for about 4 mouths. soo the point is telltale thamsalfs don't really want people to help fax there game ( not there newer tatelsit does not benefit them as a company to do or allow This that there might be consene of other people using there engine to make games without there appoviel. i'm not laying here is my experise from below.

i see a lot of good people that trues to help other people and got banned for 4 years and never seen again, there is this one guy that he and has friends made a unofficial turkish language patch and even other maderfald in the walking dead season 1 game. even made one for walking dead season 2 episode 1 & 2 sadly sortly after season 2 episode 3 he made an annsement on tweety that he is no langer making turkish. Base on personal life issues even something about telltale prussing ham not to make anymore. unfairly shortly After. The download lacks disappeared. but the website does stell exist. I did got his downloads before that change i have on a back up site in private i want really tell you were. you see one of my family members speaks that language god that guy is a life server. (Telltale Whyy???

you are right about the 3rd paerthy software thing however it is not worth the risk. In there agreement there shy this **Telltale reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site or your account for any reason or no reason. Telltale may terminate your account upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your registration or such other email address as you may later provide to us. * will really if i do something that makes telltale really uncomfaerable, there can remove my accent. That right there is flint out upsetting no office. i am really pleased Laokin we stell have old members like your self her made an telltale accent for 9 years. i made my first telltale accent when i was 8 now 19 sadly i forget my password and email so i made this accent MicahMoo11.

Thanks From Wright Micah

Laokin posted: »

All you have to do is delete the prefs.props file located in the episode directory, make a shortcut to the episode, add -sw to the end of th

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2016

We don't ban anyone for helping anyone, ever. We want people to help other people on the forum. The only reason why we close support threads and tell them to check the support site or contact support is because the Telltale team has a staff of people hired to help with support. They'll be able to offer official advice that moderators and regular people can't give. We used to have a support forum, and would direct people there, but the Telltale team recently switched over to a support site, as that's more efficient than the old way. Late last year, they also hired new support staff, so the support staff is much larger than they used to be and can handle things a lot better than they used to be able to do.

Unofficial solutions are still welcome for problems though (especially for older games where patches are less likely to happen).

As for the downloads of things like unofficial language patches, unfortunately we can't allow distribution or discussion of anything that modifies the Telltale Tool or files from Telltale game packages on the official forum. Telltale can't allow people to modify their games on their own forums, for contractual reasons (the rights holders of the games Telltale supports wouldn't be happy if they allowed that), and likewise they can't allow translation patches to be distributed on their forums, as if someone downloaded it from a link from the official site, they'd be expected to provide official support for them, and obviously Telltale can't do that.

MicahMoo11 posted: »

Wright Micah Simi-Rough* Build 19, Telltale Community warning i am Dyslexic, if you can't read it i'm sorry I'm not sure if the last comm

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited March 2016

Wright Micah Final* Build edited subtract 11 now 10, Telltale Community

thanks for you respants now I know that not all mods are scum begs or are after other people in this community. it is a shame that some people as of (cute clam is not back in the forums mable she is but I'm not founding her posts) "Never mind just found her" but I do have one question. are ware allowed to post of what were found in the telltale explorer from this website http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Telltale_Tool. because I was planning doing a glitch thread to honor Duck_Hunt. but it is still in its aqual build 997, and propyl wont get release anther 2 mouths base on how busy I am ( you will be surprise of how many glitches I found of Running intel hd graphics 3000) eve other audio that was surpassed to be deleted from the game but it's not depending of how you react on unsupported graphics cards. Thanks for responding to the bone 2 question. however I did found its download luck as of 3/25/16 but I found awer to reset it ( every 7 launches you have to pay but I found awer to mass with the files and do anther 7 every time it is expired.)

thick you from wright Micah

Jennifer posted: »

We don't ban anyone for helping anyone, ever. We want people to help other people on the forum. The only reason why we close support threa

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

As long as it's from series that have already concluded (rather than series that are still ongoing - which at this point would just be The Walking Dead: Michonne), it's OK to post stuff that was discovered inside the files. There's a lot of unused dialog that is discussed on these forums from The Wolf Among Us, for instance.

MicahMoo11 posted: »

Wright Micah Final* Build edited subtract 11 now 10, Telltale Community thanks for you respants now I know that not all mods are scum beg

• I hate to be a pest, but I was curious if there had been any progress on this, or if it was at least still being looked into. I've been trying for a while now to get one of these do-it-yourself fixes to work on steam and with no luck. At this point I'll happily just take a "we're still looking into it" or anything to give me some hope of ever getting to play these games again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.