New Screenshots - 'Minecraft: Story Mode' Features Selectable Player Character

This weekend, fans at PAX Prime in Seattle are getting their hands on the very first playable beta of Minecraft: Story Mode... and we wanted to make sure we had something exciting to share with you too!

Today we can announce that Minecraft: Story Mode will be the first Telltale game series to feature a player character where YOU choose their appearance. Players will be able to select from several different options for both male and female versions of our hero Jesse.

The season will feature Patton Oswalt as male Jesse, Catherine Taber as female Jesse, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens. Look for further casting details to come!

Check out these new screenshots from the season premiere, where you'll get a sneak peek at several different versions of Jesse. We can't wait to share the first episode of the season with you - look out for it premiering soon this fall on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PC/Mac, iOS and Android-based devices!

Comments

• Looks cool! I'm getting the same vibe as the customization options in Tales from the Borderlands. :)

• edited August 2015

So cool, Laura!

I love these chikens! :D

SoCUTE!!!

• weird, a skin conversion tool would have been cool

• Even thought I still prefer the first Jesse but...
    hoLY SHIT THE OTHER JESSES ARE CUTE AS HELL.

I'm so so super hyped about this game right now!
    enter image description here

• Im so looking forward to playing! I might play as the 1st Jesse or why not be black! :P

• Will we be able to palette swap the clothes or choose different colors? And remove the suspenders? I mean, if this is supposed to be us and not a character all of its own...

• So your name is Jesse?

Hbh128 posted: »

Will we be able to palette swap the clothes or choose different colors? And remove the suspenders? I mean, if this is supposed to be us and not a character all of its own...

• Dude. GTA 5 has that feature, right? You get to choose how you look. How long did the game take to create? Oh yeah. FIVE. YEARS. So I doubt they will add this. Just be grateful they took the time to make multiple models...

Hbh128 posted: »

Will we be able to palette swap the clothes or choose different colors? And remove the suspenders? I mean, if this is supposed to be us and not a character all of its own...

• I guess that means that the appearance and gender chosen for Jesse in Episode 1 will be permanent. And will remain for the remainder of the series.

• I hope that once they finish this dumb game they'll actually focus on more important thinks like Walking Dead Season 3 or a sequel to The Wolf Among Us

• You know, both of those were also once considered dumb game ideas, TFTB was also treated as a dumb one. So you shouldn't knock it just yet.

I hope that once they finish this dumb game they'll actually focus on more important thinks like Walking Dead Season 3 or a sequel to The Wolf Among Us

• I feel like because they're them they can make a decent game out if anything but the concept of mine craft with a story is kind of,lazy to me and is more re of a cash grab for them because the game has a huge cult following.

dojo32161 posted: »

You know, both of those were also once considered dumb game ideas, TFTB was also treated as a dumb one. So you shouldn't knock it just yet.

• edited August 2015

I hope telltale keeps trying new things instead of just going back to Walking Dead Season or Wolf Among Us

based on what I have been hearing about Minecraft story mode. They seem to be actually doing a lot of things that they have never tried in any other telltale game before.

1. Character Customization ( it seems similar to mass effect )

2. They added a crafting system

3. I also heard that the combat system is very different from previous telltale games ( I think this is going to surprise a lot of people)

Don't get me wrong I love Wolf among us and Walking dead but Im am glad that telltale is trying "New" things
      because it allows them to experiment with their game mechanics and do things that they would not be able to get away with in any other Telltale game

I hope that once they finish this dumb game they'll actually focus on more important thinks like Walking Dead Season 3 or a sequel to The Wolf Among Us

• enter image description here

Vainamoinen posted: »

So your name is Jesse?

• H'okay, don't blow your stack Jack.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Dude. GTA 5 has that feature, right? You get to choose how you look. How long did the game take to create? Oh yeah. FIVE. YEARS. So I doubt they will add this. Just be grateful they took the time to make multiple models...

• but the concept of mine craft with a story is kind of,lazy to me and is more re of a cash grab for them because the game has a huge cult following.

People thought Tales from the Borderlands was going to be a cash grab too. Unlike Minecraft, which had complaints about "no story," people complained that the Borderlands story would just be about memes and guns. Similarly to how people complained that Minecraft will bring kids, people also thought Borderlands would bring in a rowdy FPS oriented crowd who would not appreciate a good story. Heck, people even feared twelve year olds coming to the forum when Walking Dead: Season 1 was announced. Let's not be hasty and judge a book by it's cover. ;)

I feel like because they're them they can make a decent game out if anything but the concept of mine craft with a story is kind of,lazy to me and is more re of a cash grab for them because the game has a huge cult following.

• I hope we can choose like hair color and stuff. :v I'd want to play as a blonde dude.

• The first one is Michael Jackson:

enter image description here

• The androgynous name is gonna be the punchline in a recurring joke, calling it.

• I had always wondered what Minecraft would have been like with a storyline.

This discussion has been closed.