I know this is impossible at this time but....

-READ TITLE-

ok so imagine how great this game could've been if tell tales spent a little extra time with the customizations? We're allowed to choose our own version of Steve, that's great, but id like to take it a step further

-This is just a concept-

what if tell tales enabled us to upload our minecraft skin???!!!

now I know Jesse's voice would sound awkward on some skins but what if tell tales got like 10 different voice actors to voice Jesse each with a different pitch depending on what your skin is, getting a lot of voice actors might sound like over doing it a bit too much but then game of thrones has like what? 5 protagonists?

Comments

• That's not exactly a little extra time. This would also cost a whole lot more money and would ultimately be a waste of time for just a single character. The character model for Jesse in Story Mode is completely different from the ones in Minecraft. You can't compare this to Game of Thrones in any way, considering that you're playing 5 different characters in GoT but only ONE in Story Mode.

Finally, how on Earth would the game be able to detect what kind of skin you have???

• Finally, how on Earth would the game be able to detect what kind of skin you have???

Similar to textures, they'd have to be in the same format and etc,.

lupinb0y posted: »

That's not exactly a little extra time. This would also cost a whole lot more money and would ultimately be a waste of time for just a singl

• The voice thing is really expensive, for an indie company like Telltale.

• edited August 2015

I meant as in, how would the game be able to detect the type of skin you have and then assign a voice, like Blueanji is saying they want to happen.

Finally, how on Earth would the game be able to detect what kind of skin you have??? Similar to textures, they'd have to be in the same format and etc,.

• Telltale cannot be considered indie anymore. Not when they're getting deals from HBO, Lionsgate, Marvel, etc.

The voice thing is really expensive, for an indie company like Telltale.

• Not being considered traditionally "indie" doesn't mean that Telltale has the same budget or luxuries as a large AAA game publisher.

lupinb0y posted: »

Telltale cannot be considered indie anymore. Not when they're getting deals from HBO, Lionsgate, Marvel, etc.

• i believe they could have made a skin conversion tool, especially if they worked with mojang, and you could have just chose from two different voices, but i get the feeling that having different skins wasn't the plan from the beginning, and it isn't really an afterthought kind of thing to do

• n0 fuz of u d0nt n0 wat ur tlkin bout

• edited August 2015

I don't think you realize that this game runs on entirely different scripts than minecraft. The only similarity is that they both have the Minecraft feel... They would need to implement a sh** load of scripts to make this whole skin detecting thing work. It just isn't plausible.

Finally, how on Earth would the game be able to detect what kind of skin you have??? Similar to textures, they'd have to be in the same format and etc,.

• I know that.

And I don't agree on the idea.

I don't think you realize that this game runs on entirely different scripts than minecraft. The only similarity is that they both have the M

• edited August 2015

I meant to reply to OP, I just realized. My bad. :/

I know that. And I don't agree on the idea.

• Ah, it's okay.

That happens to everyone. :)

I meant to reply to OP, I just realized. My bad.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.