Is this series good?

I want your honest opinion, I don't want Tomato meter crap, I want what people honestly think of the game.
PS: I haven't played it

Comments

• If you are a fan of the TV show and the book series called A Song of Ice and Fire, I would suggest to you to play this game.

• When you first play it , you'll love it! But then you'd want to change a few choices (second gameplay) , choices that you would have regretted initially.... Then it sorta hits you that your choices don't really matter. The story will be tailored according to telltale, though the dialogues change hilariously! I'd recommend it, I mean I love it and although people think otherwise (or atleast a majority of them ) ... I really don't care! You will fall in love with the characters and the story will immerse you completely!

• Personally I have to say I've been disappointed by this game. I like it, but as a Telltale game it's been disappointing me since I don't care about the plot and I think most of the characters are only just OK. However I see a lot of people who love it so I'd say your mileage may vary. Being a fan of the TV show or books would probably help.

• I think it's more of a vocal minority.

Arih125 posted: »

When you first play it , you'll love it! But then you'd want to change a few choices (second gameplay) , choices that you would have regrett

• If you never got into the show or books, it might not be for you.

• Yes it is just skip episode 5

• Nope.

Clemenem posted: »

Yes it is just skip episode 5

• He can't skip episode 5 or he won't know what is happening .-.

Yes it is just skip episode 5

• Yup

darko22 posted: »

Nope.

• It's opinions dude. All someone really needs to play of episode 5 is the ending the rest is throwaway imo

Wolfenus54 posted: »

He can't skip episode 5 or he won't know what is happening .-.

• Bacon.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

He can't skip episode 5 or he won't know what is happening .-.

• You heartless heartless soul..

Yup

• Yes it is amazing! Easily my favourite Telltale series so far.

• Definetly. That is if you are a Game Of Thrones fan. The series blew me away and enjoyed every second of it.

Do not let the talk about Episode 5 get to you. It's just opinions. I loved it and some didn't. See for yourself.

(Game also includes various monologues about fucking potatoes)

• edited September 2015

I'm a book reader, never watched the show. I like the game, I think it is a good game overall.

It is good enough to make me worry about the characters and to keep me speculating between episodes. It is not, in my opinion, even close from being TellTale's best game but it is not a bad game either. Episode 5 certainly brought the overall rating I would have given the game as a whole down, being among the worst episodes of a TellTale game I ever played, but Episode 4 is among the best episodes of a TellTale game I ever played so that helped making things even.

These are the main issues I see in the game:

1. I think the multi-POV style that GoT has didn't translate well into the game, and worked heavily against it. Some POVs were way too neglected because of that, having little screen time and not much story progression.
    2. The cameos from characters from the source material went too far, so far that it went from a little of fan service to dictating the progression of the story. I would have preferred if the story was more self-contained and had less cameos.
    3. Depending of how much you know about the canon characters and the choices you make, you will find plotholes. Lots of them.

The episode that really brought these issues to light, to me, was Episode 5, which is why I really dislike it. But as I said, I enjoyed the other episodes, especially Episode 4. Episode 6 will be very important for my final opinion of the game of course, being the last chapter and all, and I am looking forward to it.

• I would say that if you like the show or books, it is a must have. If you don't, I'd still recommend it, but it's not as great as other Telltale games. It's still a great game, but it's probably my least favorite Telltale game that I have played.

• It's opinions dude.

What are you talking about you cant just skip an episode, you'll have no idea whats happening

It's opinions dude. All someone really needs to play of episode 5 is the ending the rest is throwaway imo

• Well it's my least favourite TT game I've played but I'm still finding the story interesting, maybe that's just be because I love the GoT universe. Personally I have to play all TT games so i'd get it! Plus it still has the finale to make or (completely) break it!

• You could watch it. I still wouldn't say the episode is worth $5

It's opinions dude. What are you talking about you cant just skip an episode, you'll have no idea whats happening

• He's saying that everywhere, telling people to just not get the episode just because he hated it. You can argue it's the weakest episode, but you're right, you can't just skip an episode.

It's opinions dude. What are you talking about you cant just skip an episode, you'll have no idea whats happening

• everywhere

Another blanket statement by you. I've only shared my feelings about it in threads that have asked players how they felt about the game/episode

He's saying that everywhere, telling people to just not get the episode just because he hated it. You can argue it's the weakest episode, but you're right, you can't just skip an episode.

• I think it's more fun if ur not caught up with the show. You'll be more immersed into the story and youll probably be more blindsided by the effects of your decisions.

But if you watched the show (I binged on GoT and finished all 5 seasons right after my first playthrough) you'll be less enthusiastic about the storyline, characters, and even the decisions. I say play it, it's one of the better telltale games after TftB and TWD season 1.

But if you can.. Just go for Tales from the Borderlands.

• well it would be silly to buy the episodes individually at this point...

You could watch it. I still wouldn't say the episode is worth $5

• yes, episode 5 had a little bit of a downfall but overall its a good story. and if you like show charcters thats alone is a reasone to get imo, youll get to see and have dialogue with show charcters

• I dunno, it's okay at best. I have mixed feelings after Episode 5. You should probably watch the first 4 Seasons of GoT before you play the game though.

• No, you're telling people not to get the episode because you thought it was horrible. That is the way you are wording your criticisms.

Also, I don't care what you think of me.

everywhere Another blanket statement by you. I've only shared my feelings about it in threads that have asked players how they felt about the game/episode

• By now you've probably realized the simple truth: Yes, yes it is indeed a good game worth the buy, except Episode 5, which was seriously bad, but it just contrasts how amazing the rest of the episodes (so far) are.

• Yeah, but I hope you watched the series and/or read the books, because there's spoilers!

• edited September 2015

That is the way you are wording your criticisms

It's all opinionated, dude. Obviously no one can force anyone what to get and what not to get I was just stating that I don't think episode 5 was good and is not worth 5 dollars

Also, I don't care what you think of me.

When did I say what I thought of you? This is about a game don't try to make it personal

No, you're telling people not to get the episode because you thought it was horrible. That is the way you are wording your criticisms. Also, I don't care what you think of me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.