Roose Bolton and Ironwood

Forrester ironwood, as we all know, is special because it's crafted by the best in Westeros even if Ramsay said that it doesn't look very special. Whitehill ironwood, as discussed and later seen, looks like absolute crap.

What I want to know is if Forrester ironwood is held in such high regard, why would Roose Bolton ask the Whitehills to produce his supplies? Unless, that is, Roose was unaware that Whitehill ironwood sucks; which wouldn't make sense if the Boltons and Whitehills fought alongside each other as liege lord and vassal.

Comments

• I wouldn't read too much into it - the whole 'Forrester do it better than eeeeveryone else :O :O :)' thing is only there to make players feel a sense of pride and superiority about their house.

• If I know what I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure Whitehill and Forrester ironwood is the same. It's just that the Forresters actually had the ironwood whereas the Whitehills had none of it :p

• Roose doesn't know that the two houses are at war over the Ironwood. It's all Ramsay's game.

And not only that the Forresters have better craftsmen, they did own the whole Ironwood forest. The Whitehills want the land.

• edited September 2015

There's probably also an issue of previous loyalty.

The Whitehills have been bannermen to the Boltons for centuries, if Ludd can be believed. The Forresters on the other hand were sworn to the Glovers and also seemed pretty loyal to the Starks.

Now that Roose is Warden of the North, he's helping out his loyal bannermen. When your boss gets promoted and likes you you get promoted.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.