Okay, I'm really, REALLY reaching here...

I have a habit of noticing obscure details which are probably insignificant in the long run, but I have to point them out because of the warning bells they sound off in my head.

In the prologue of A Game of Thrones, sworn brothers of the Nights Watch are tracking a group of Wildling raiders far north of the Wall. Ser Waymar Royce, Will, and Gared (No relation to our Gared). Anyway, I stop when I read this line.

Will pulled his garron over beneath an ancient gnarled ironwood and dismounted.

It's such a short throwaway line, but I can't help but wonder if the area where this ironwood tree is located is near the North Grove.

I'm sure that Telltale puts a moderate amount of planning into Game of Thrones' story, so the fact that Gared shares the same name as "book Gared" can not be a coincidence.

Perhaps I'm looking to hard into this, I don't know. What do you guys think.

Comments

• Good find, but I think you may be reading into it a little too much, as you said. Ironwood is pretty common up north, and where the three Night's Watch members were in the prologue is kind of insignificant imo, besides the whole White Walker scenario that falls upon them. Like I said: cool find and all, but I don't think it's really all that important in the grand scheme of things.

• [removed]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.