Least favorite Telltale character...

edited September 2015 in General Chat

Since there is a discussion about favorite TT character, I'm curious who is your least favorite TT character/s?

Here are mine:

The Walking Dead Season 1:

enter image description here

The Walking Dead Season 2:

The Wolf Among Us:

Telltale Game of Thrones:

Tales from the Borderlands:

If you have played the other TT games feel free to post the other characters too!

Comments

• edited September 2015

Goddamn, they were annoying.

I'm also getting sick of seeing her.

• Jane

Sarita: Pointless

Clementine (S2) and AJ: The writers have killed my interest of what happens further on with these two characters

• edited September 2015
    • Larry
    • Bonnie
    • Crooked Man
    • Georgie
    • Arvo
    • Yvette
    • Vallory
  • I completely agree with your TWD Season 1 Pick :)

• Kenny s2
    • clementine s2
    • Jane
    • sasha
    • august
    • fiona
    • bigby
    • snow
    • jersy devil
  • Thanks! :)

I could kind of tell with your awesome username! :D

Saltlick123 posted: »

I completely agree with your TWD Season 1 Pick

• I'm glad I am not only one! :')

I wanted to put Sasha at first but I was afraid of her fans and Rhysha fans!

Green613 posted: »

Sasha.

• It's ok the Rhyionas are here and they will protect you

gomatamo posted: »

I'm glad I am not only one! :') I wanted to put Sasha at first but I was afraid of her fans and Rhysha fans!

• In my option on Larry is a character I really like. He is like Joffrey from game of thrones, he is a great character in a bad way

• edited September 2015

Wall Street was my least favorite

• Sweet! I think I will join the clan! :)

Green613 posted: »

It's ok the Rhyionas are here and they will protect you

• I respect your choice! Who knows, maybe Larry could have been more likeable if he survived longer!

I have a question though, I understand the hatred for every character you listed (I actually quite like it), but why is Bigby on the list?

In my option on Larry is a character I really like. He is like Joffrey from game of thrones, he is a great character in a bad way

• swank

Sweet! I think I will join the clan!

• Vasquez for being a douche and punching Rhys like three times. Poor Rhys. :(
    • Jane. Her little stunt at the rest stop was poop-tier. You mean to tell me that's the only way to persuade Clementine to come with you? :/
    • Gwyn Whitehill. Annoying as hell character. Not only is she the enemy, but she's so freaking smug about Ironrath's dependence on the Whitehills to survive. The rest of her family go without saying.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2015

Sam and Max: Soda Poppers
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Strong Sad
    Wallace and Gromit: Duncan McBiscuit
    Tales of Monkey Island: [I don't remember her name as it's been too long, but she's the blonde pirate girl in Episode 4]
    Walking Dead: Season 1: Vernon
    Walking Dead: 400 Days: Dee
    Walking Dead: Season 2 (Don't be generic - don't say Arvo...) Bonnie, because of how she betrayed the group multiple times
    Wolf Among Us: Bloody Mary (Not because she was a villain, but because I feel she wasn't as multidimensional as the other villains and I think some flaw that wasn't "loves being extremely evil" would make her more interesting)
    Tales from the Borderlands: Felix (same reason I chose Bonnie - the betrayal)
    Game of Thrones: Gryff Whitehill

EDIT:

Back to the Future: Biff Tannen
    Jurassic Park: Yoder

• If I didn't picked Arvo I would have definitely picked Bonnie, could not stand her in 400 days. Hated her in Season 2.

Sam and Max: Soda Poppers Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Strong Sad Wallace and Gromit: Duncan McBiscuit Tales of Monkey I

• I thought she was alright in 400 Days - she was just too easily manipulated into betraying people in Season 2 in my book. First with Carver, then with Arvo.

If I didn't picked Arvo I would have definitely picked Bonnie, could not stand her in 400 days. Hated her in Season 2.

• Kenny in season 2. One of the least successfully written characters I've ever seen in a non-free game.

• edited September 2015

I thought she was just annoying (not as annoying as Becca) damsel in distress and pretty naive in 400 days, I dunno. I didn't hate her then though.

I started hating Bonnie in the end of Season 2. I didn't mind much that she led Carver to the Ski Lodge, since she was just doing her job and I was doubted by her fake story. I liked her in ep. 4. The ticket booth decision was a reason why since she did not force Clem to crawl through, and in the end her relationship depended on the ice lake choice in which Bonnie completely changed her character. I replayed the chapter where the group crosses the lake to drown her after what I see what was she willing to do. Just when I thought she redeemed herself, she turned to worse. She also betrayed her 400 days crew since they were surviving together till Tavia invited them to the Howe's.

I thought she was alright in 400 Days - she was just too easily manipulated into betraying people in Season 2 in my book. First with Carver, then with Arvo.

• edited September 2015

Sarita because she was only written to recreate Kenny's story arc from Season 1. She has little to no personality and we didn't know anything about her outside of the fact that she just never celebrated Christmas. The character development in Season Two was bad, but Sarita wasn't even a character. She was just a meat suit whose sole purpose was to die and repeat Kenny's character arc.

• My plants have more personality than her. Seriously, she is basically Katjaa with Duck's fate (bitten by a walker, then shot by Keny or protagonist, or left to reanimate).

If she wasn't Kenny's girlfriend she would have been more interesting since she is basically made for more manpain. I agree with what you said about character development in S2 though..

ralo229 posted: »

Sarita because she was only written to recreate Kenny's story arc from Season 1. She has little to no personality and we didn't know anythin

• I feel that, similarly, Rebecca was a surrogate version of Christa since she was written out of the first episode. I don't think Rebecca was a bad character or anything, but I think that having saved Christa's return for later in the Season and having her replace Rebecca would've worked out better. I feel that Christa going missing didn't really add much to the story outside of giving Clementine a reason to be alone and lost for the first 20 minutes of Season 2.

ralo229 posted: »

Sarita because she was only written to recreate Kenny's story arc from Season 1. She has little to no personality and we didn't know anythin

• edited September 2015

I'm not sure about that one. The writers seemed to want a pregnant woman (the original episode 5 slide has a silhouette of clem appearing to hold a baby, so it seems like that was their direction from the get go) and Christa still being pregnant after a time skip of 16 months is a little iffy :P

Also, if Rebecca was supposed to be christa, what does that make Alvin? Omid?

I feel that, similarly, Rebecca was a surrogate version of Christa since she was written out of the first episode. I don't think Rebecca was

• Carver

So disappointing! A House Divided promised us a ruthless, intelligent and possessive leader, who's still charismatic enough to command loyalty and respect from his people. In Harm's Way gave us a boring social Darwinist, who's nothing but a bully and petty tyrant. When the most memorable thing about a major character is his death, something ain't right.

• edited September 2015

Yeah, even though I really like Rebecca. Even though she was supposed Christa's replacement, I really started liking her for some reason after episodes were releasing, she was actually one of the characters that IMO had the decent character development. We all expected her to become Larry 2.0, I am just glad that she chamged for the best. She even said: "We've come a long way since we met". I really miss Christa though, I hope that she appears in S3

I feel that, similarly, Rebecca was a surrogate version of Christa since she was written out of the first episode. I don't think Rebecca was

• The one reason I do not like him is the same reason I do not like playing as licenceced characters. Bigby does not matter because the comic book fables will choose the same person. Lee was amazing because he was original and he was "your" lee. Bobby will live regardless of your choices and stay the same. I hope the wolf among us season 2 takes place after the comics so "our bigby" will be different for everybody.
    Thank you and have a great holiday weekend

I respect your choice! Who knows, maybe Larry could have been more likeable if he survived longer! I have a question though, I understand the hatred for every character you listed (I actually quite like it), but why is Bigby on the list?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2015

and Christa still being pregnant after a time skip of 16 months is a little iffy :P

I meant that more as in I think they wanted to have a pregnant character similar to Christa while accounting for the changes from Season 1 - not just Christa being out of the picture, but also the time skip as well. Had the time skip not happened and had Christa not been separated from Clementine, I think she could've taken on some part's of Rebecca's role in Season 2. Obviously, that doesn't account for everything (like the implication the child may have been from a supposed affair with Carver, Alvin being alive while Omid isn't, etc), but the point was - I think they added another pregnant character because they wanted to explore the thematic elements of having a pregnant character in the apocalypse after having set up that story element in Season 1, but wrote themselves into a corner with the time skip and Christa's separation. I'd take a guess and say that the plot points with Carver's affair/Alvin/etc were made after they wanted to create another pregnant character to replace Christa, as opposed to having thing's like Carver's affair being worked in from the ground up as a central part of the story.

Flog61 posted: »

I'm not sure about that one. The writers seemed to want a pregnant woman (the original episode 5 slide has a silhouette of clem appearing to

• edited September 2015

I understand your reason now since I feel the same way with Snow. I hope something like that won't happen again.

Thanks and have a great weekend too! It is gonna rain so hard this weekend where I live so that's cool.

The one reason I do not like him is the same reason I do not like playing as licenceced characters. Bigby does not matter because the comic

• As a supporter of Rhysha, I have no problem with your stance on Sasha, I even understand why some people don't like her. Same goes for Kenny, I love him, but get why others hate him, there's a lot to like and dislike about their characters.

I'm glad I am not only one! :') I wanted to put Sasha at first but I was afraid of her fans and Rhysha fans!

• The Walking Dead Season 1: Duck

The Walking Dead Season 2: Bonnie

The Wolf Among Us: either the Tweedles or Crane

Tales From the Borderlands: Vallory

Game of Thrones: Gryff Whitehill

• enter image description here

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him like most people do. I just found his character annoying.

What was his role in season 2? His purpose? Basically, he only suffered. And cried. And got beat up by Kenny. And suffered. Over and over again.

• Oh, thank you! I don't hate Sasha because of the ship, just so that we are clear. In fact, I don't hate anyone in TFTB, I just can't stand Sasha and Yvette. I appreciate her sarcasm though.

As a supporter of Rhysha, I have no problem with your stance on Sasha, I even understand why some people don't like her. Same goes for Kenny, I love him, but get why others hate him, there's a lot to like and dislike about their characters.

• I do like Arvo but I have to agree. This is a problem with several things in S2's writing. Characters are entered into the story in a sloppy way with no real purpose or just come off as a plot device for Kenny's development

TheCatWolf posted: »

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him like most people do. I just found his character annoying. What was his role in season 2? His purpose? Basically, he only suffered. And cried. And got beat up by Kenny. And suffered. Over and over again.

• Yeah, imo if he had a purpose, it was only to make everyone hate kenny and to shoot Clementine.

Clemenem posted: »

I do like Arvo but I have to agree. This is a problem with several things in S2's writing. Characters are entered into the story in a sloppy way with no real purpose or just come off as a plot device for Kenny's development

• My only question is why was he hiding medicine when he was first introduced?

TheCatWolf posted: »

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him like most people do. I just found his character annoying. What was his role in season 2? His purpose? Basically, he only suffered. And cried. And got beat up by Kenny. And suffered. Over and over again.

• Haha, I guess we'll never know the answer for that :(

My only question is why was he hiding medicine when he was first introduced?

• Probably trafficking. Or he could've found it and intended to take it back to his group for personal use.

My only question is why was he hiding medicine when he was first introduced?

• Those damn Satan worshiping Soda poppers and their stupid nipple rings

Sam and Max: Soda Poppers Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Strong Sad Wallace and Gromit: Duncan McBiscuit Tales of Monkey I

• Those truly were darker times...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.