There is 2 portal games.

GlaDOS is a character in Portal 2.

She sang the son "still Alive".

If every character used New-U stations they’re all "still alive".So:

New-U is Canon Confirmed.

Was it, though? enter link description here

• enter image description here

ZapThroat posted: »

We need to dig deeper: New has 3 letters. U has one letter. New-U is like 3-1. 3-1=2. There is 2 portal games. GlaDOS is a

• Oh god, no more of these ;-;

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Will Scooter become the new Lee for 'alive' theories?

• edited September 2015

OMG THIS HAS INSPIRED ME!!!

dashes into the night with paper and pencil

I personally think Jack would love to have his exact copy around (not like those poser doubles that can never capture the pure essence of Jackness). Could you imagine the two of them wreaking havoc and just driving everyone insane?

• Haha, oh my god. Now I'm just imagining Handsome Jack and AI Jack having some sort of epic fight to the death over who gets to rule Hyperion.

They'd both attempt to strangle one another as a knee-jerk reaction, only to realize/remember that they can't hurt each other

Deadpoolian posted: »

Haha, oh my god. Now I'm just imagining Handsome Jack and AI Jack having some sort of epic fight to the death over who gets to rule Hyperion. Or do you think they'd get along? Nobody loves Handsome Jack as much as Handsome Jack. Hmm...

• The rocket missed Pandora, you can see it flinch at the end!!!

• Ha,good one!!

Deltino posted: »

The rocket missed Pandora, you can see it flinch at the end!!!

• Whenever I see people calling each other: m8, bro, brah, etc. I always think of this.

enter link description here

nice meme m8

• Ahh TFTBL. The game of the undead. Ahh The Walking Dead. The game that had more guns than TFTBL, a game in the Borderlands universe... See how they should switch roles? ._.

• Is that an early version of south park or what?

Whenever I see people calling each other: m8, bro, brah, etc. I always think of this. enter link description here

Whenever I see people calling each other: m8, bro, brah, etc. I always think of this. enter link description here

• Actors lie about that sort of thing all the time. I remember after Starbuck "died" on Battlestar Galactica, the showrunner told a very detailed and heartfelt story about how sad everyone on the set was, how painful it was to tell the actress, and how the lead actor was so upset that he broke a very expensive prop on loan from a museum. Then it turned out she wasn't dead an episode or two later, and that the story was 100% bullshit.

It also happened recently on a high-profile show that I don't want to spoil.

papai46 posted: »

Scooter's voice actor confirmed on his Twitter that he won't be working on any BL games in the future.

• I don't think he's dead.

It'll turn out Lilith teleported him away or something. It's a sci-fi, and a fantastical one at that. We didn't see him die, so he's not confirmed dead as far as I'm concerned. Remember that at the end of TWD, Kenny was seen hurtling into a ball of zombies. Then he came back in the next season.

Killing off a major character from the main series in a spin-off is such a bizarre idea. What are they going to tell all the Borderlands players who skipped TftB? Just hand-wave his death away? I guess the Gearbox writers are kind of hacks, but that seems like too much.

• Well first, Kenny 's death was off screen, Scooter explodes.

Also, during the pax live steam they talked about Scooters death, by how they were talking about it, it seems his death was planned all the way back from when Tales was first being made.

They said something like "They asked us if we could do this crazy thing in episode 4, and we thought it would be fitting for the character" or something like that.

mosfet posted: »

I don't think he's dead. It'll turn out Lilith teleported him away or something. It's a sci-fi, and a fantastical one at that. We didn't

• edited September 2015

He didn't die... he was murdered.... by an explosion.

• This is Borderlands. There's a character in the main series who can teleport other people.

Also, as I mentioned in another comment, it wouldn't be the first time writers/actors have lied publicly to sell a death. Ron Moore told a very detailed behind-the-scenes story about Starbuck's death on Battlestar Galactica, then she turned up alive an episode or two later.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well first, Kenny 's death was off screen, Scooter explodes. Also, during the pax live steam they talked about Scooters death, by how the

DoubleJump posted: »

He didn't die... he was murdered.... by an explosion.

• Yes I know, but Scooter is just a mechanic. It also really ruins a sad emotional moment when a character is obviously killed off, just to come back. I mean you could see the explosion from space.

This is Borderlands. There's a character in the main series who can teleport other people. Also, as I mentioned in another comment, it wo

• Yes I know, but Kenny is just a fisherman. It also really ruins a sad emotional moment when a character is obviously killed off, just to come back. I mean you could see the inescapable pack of zombies.

Yes I know, but Scooter is just a mechanic. It also really ruins a sad emotional moment when a character is obviously killed off, just to come back. I mean you could see the explosion from space.

• Yes I know, but Im fairly sure Scooters death was alot more sadder than Kenny's "death." Even after Kenny "died" you can say things like, maybe he got away. Fiona doesnt just go, "Welp. maybe he a-okay."

Yes I know, but Kenny is just a fisherman. It also really ruins a sad emotional moment when a character is obviously killed off, just to come back. I mean you could see the inescapable pack of zombies.

• I would disagree. I was much more affected by the Kenny scene.

I wasn't a fan of Scooter's scene at all. It felt out of place in an otherwise lighthearted game, Fiona wasn't particularly close to Scooter, and they threw in the romance out of left field. Then she's back to her wisecracking self as soon as she leaves the spaceship. I love the series, but that scene was just awful. If we get a joke or something out of it later, maybe it will be worth it.

Yes I know, but Im fairly sure Scooters death was alot more sadder than Kenny's "death." Even after Kenny "died" you can say things like, maybe he got away. Fiona doesnt just go, "Welp. maybe he a-okay."

• This is Borderlands, but that doesn't mean anything can happen. Yes, Lillth can teleport people but it's almost impossible that she was hanging out with everyone and said "Scooter's not here, let me teleport him" right before he blew up.

This is Borderlands. There's a character in the main series who can teleport other people. Also, as I mentioned in another comment, it wo

• It's impossible that she was hanging out with everyone and said "Scooter's not here, let me teleport him" right before he blew up.

enter image description here

This is Borderlands, but that doesn't mean anything can happen. Yes, Lillth can teleport people but it's almost impossible that she was hanging out with everyone and said "Scooter's not here, let me teleport him" right before he blew up.

• edited September 2015

It's not so much a romance as much as Fiona losing a partner and ally, and from what I've seen Borderlands tends to go from super cartoonish and over the top to down to earth and somewhat serious and tragic from time to time at least in Borderlands 2 so it didn't really feel that out of place for the series for me.

I would disagree. I was much more affected by the Kenny scene. I wasn't a fan of Scooter's scene at all. It felt out of place in an other

• We saw Janey taking over one shop. IIRC Scooters name is still on the sign. Which would make her a franchisee. Not the over all owner of Scooter's businesses. At the most they were partners, and with Scooter "dead" Moxxi, undoubtedly, now owns whatever he left behind.

The borderlands games don't need him anymore, since we clearly see Janey taking over his business.

• That'd be okay though, they'd just respawn at their New-U

ZapThroat posted: »

Then,I would be like: "Gearbox,you’re dead".

• dashes into the night with paper and pencil

enter image description here

Let him go, Ralph. He knows what he's doing...

(Or her!)

OMG THIS HAS INSPIRED ME!!! dashes into the night with paper and pencil

• Actually, The timeline Clearly states that TFTBL comes after all 3 Borderlands games, So scooter didn't make it bud.

• I find it amusing that so many people seem to be taking everthing that's comming out of Fiona and Ryhs' mouths as fact.

I'm not saying Scooter is alive, just that y'all should be taking whatever these two, confirmed, liars say with a pitch of salt.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2015

To add on to how Scooter's death came to be, Ryann Lynn Weller, one of the cinematic artists at Telltale, was doing a charity stream on twitch the other day and they brought on Mikey Neumann on to talk about himself, Borderlands, and Scooter for a while. Around 24:20 in that video, they start talking about Scooter's death in particular.

Highlights of that talk are:

• Telltale tossed around the idea of killing off a major character from the Borderlands franchise and decided on Scooter eventually, but weren't sure if Gearbox would even be ok with it

• Anthony Burch was apparently ok with it, and went to ask Mikey about it

• Mikey himself OK'd Scooter's death and was pretty much immediately on-board with it, and mentions that he basically had the ultimate say in it happening or not

In fact, that whole talk with Mikey is really interesting and you should all watch it.

Well first, Kenny 's death was off screen, Scooter explodes. Also, during the pax live steam they talked about Scooters death, by how the

• Scooter got lucky....... real lucky

• Whoa, man. You should censor the name in your topic title and put a spoiler tag. This is one of the only game sections left around here where there aren't spoilers everywhere, so let's keep it that way.

• SCOOTER WITH KENNY BEARD CONFIRMED!!!!!

BionicPaint posted: »

Scooter got lucky....... real lucky

• "My siren senses are tingling - brb!"

It's impossible that she was hanging out with everyone and said "Scooter's not here, let me teleport him" right before he blew up.

• Yeah? Then why didn't Jack use one of these?

• Why didnt you use one of these Jack?

Imagine if BL3 just started and they were like, "GUYS, WE TOTALLY LIED, NEW-U'S ARE CANON!" And just every character who ever died came back.

• edited May 2016

Not only is this thread bumped, it got bumped with wanting Jack back into the series.

That's double irritating in my book.

This discussion has been closed.