Season Pass Disc

ITS SO PERFECT

Comments

• Most kids don't have credit cards, it's a way for them to buy the game at the same time as anybody else.

• I think it's a interesting idea, selling it this way could make it easier for younger customers to gain access to the game if they are unable to use a credit card to purchace from a digital store. It also gives parents a opportunity to give it to their children as a gift and it's good advertisment for Telltale to have retail boxen visible in stores.

The only disavantage that i can see it that it might be confusing for people who don't understand how the episodic model works, they might be confused when they can't play the next episode until it gets released by Telltale.

• edited September 2015

Yeah, even for kids, at launch your only gonna a couple hours out of it, until more episodes come out. Kids are more likely to just play the real Minecraft

• edited September 2015

It's not a new idea they have retail versions of all their games, but only after it's completed, not before, because at launch, you only have a 20% completed product

OzzyUK posted: »

I think it's a interesting idea, selling it this way could make it easier for younger customers to gain access to the game if they are unabl

• I know they normally release finished games in retail but releasing the first episode along with future access to new episodes might make it easier for some people, younger customers who might want to play but don't have access to or are allowed to use their parents credit card will have the opportunity to purchace the game in cash, they could also receive a retail disc as a gift for their birthday, christmas or any other occasion.

Fergudooby posted: »

It's not a new idea they have retail versions of all their games, but only after it's completed, not before, because at launch, you only have a 20% completed product

• I suppose you'd believe buying a digital season pass (as most people do) would be ridiculous as well? Otherwise your argument is kind of invalid.

• I'm pretty sure ANY DISK VERSION of a telltale game works like a season pass...

• Usually, Telltale releases discs with the entire Season included on it once the full Season is out. For this game, Telltale is trying something different and just releasing (what I assume is) the first Episode on Disc alongside an included physical copy of a Season Pass that people can redeem. So, the general idea is the same but they won't be exactly the same.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I'm pretty sure ANY DISK VERSION of a telltale game works like a season pass...

• Oh. So this would be their first time having a season pass disk?

Usually, Telltale releases discs with the entire Season included on it once the full Season is out. For this game, Telltale is trying someth

• I don't see how it is ridiculous. You don't have to wait for a disc after the season ends if you're one of those people, and you can move it and not have to buy it again on a different platform.

• edited September 2015

It's ridiculous because the disc is useless, it just serves as the start up, all the content is DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, nothing is even on the disc

I don't see how it is ridiculous. You don't have to wait for a disc after the season ends if you're one of those people, and you can move it and not have to buy it again on a different platform.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2015

The first episode is on the disc. That, and I imagine they will eventually manufacture discs with the entire Season included on the disc once they've finished the Season in a new version of the Retail Copy.

It's ridiculous because the disc is useless, it just serves as the start up, all the content is DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, nothing is even on the disc

• Y no sell other TT games as retail then?

I think it's a interesting idea, selling it this way could make it easier for younger customers to gain access to the game if they are unabl

• All the other Telltale games are available on retail disc, this is the first Telltale game that i know of to release with only one episode on disc along with a episode 2-5 season pass.

darkfoxTM posted: »

Y no sell other TT games as retail then?

• Dont really see a problem, like at all.

Some people like having disc copies, so instead of having a digital download of the whole game, and then buying a disc, you can just have the disc from the start.

• For the kids!

I didn't have a credit card when I was a kid, cause my parents thought I'd accidentally buy stuff.

• Finally!

I don't have to wait to buy a physical copy of the game.

• you dont need credit cards unless yoire on steam for psn or xbox you can get prepaid card i do this on my ps its safer that way

Most kids don't have credit cards, it's a way for them to buy the game at the same time as anybody else.

• edited September 2015

honestly i prefer to download that way its on my console and i dont have to change disks i did this with yakuza 4 and dead souls so i could play both when i wanted dead souls was on disk and y4 was digital

• You can use prepaid cards on steam too.

you dont need credit cards unless yoire on steam for psn or xbox you can get prepaid card i do this on my ps its safer that way

• Some people (including me) prefer physical copies and like having a cover, it's not 'ridiculous'

• I've never seen any TT game tbh.

All the other Telltale games are available on retail disc, this is the first Telltale game that i know of to release with only one episode on disc along with a episode 2-5 season pass.

• You've never seen any others? They're all over my local game stores.

I've never seen any TT game tbh.

• Yes, it sure is 'ridiculous' to provide customers with multiple buying options.

• Eh, we don't really have those.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

You've never seen any others? They're all over my local game stores.

• I guess that explains it, then.

Eh, we don't really have those.

• Fucking Tesco.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I guess that explains it, then.

• So do I need the disk in the ps4 to play the game or won't i need it to play episodes 2-5?

• Disc comes with one episode, and others will be downloadable, with what I assume there's gonna be a code included for the Season pass

Jake360 posted: »

So do I need the disk in the ps4 to play the game or won't i need it to play episodes 2-5?

• Yeh so I assume I'll always need the disk in the console to play it? If that's the case I'll just get the digital version. It'll be on sle at half the price it is now by episode 2!

Disc comes with one episode, and others will be downloadable, with what I assume there's gonna be a code included for the Season pass

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited September 2015

As other episodes normally need episode 1 in order to work due to shared assets i'm assuming that you can either install episode 1 from the disc or redeem a code that lets you download it from the console store.

Jake360 posted: »

Yeh so I assume I'll always need the disk in the console to play it? If that's the case I'll just get the digital version. It'll be on sle at half the price it is now by episode 2!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.