Apple device compatibility

Now there's less than a month until Minecraft Story Mode launches, there's the question of what mobile devices will be able to enjoy the game. I've noticed recently that Telltales games have a "runs best on iPhone 5 or iPad 3 or newer" policy on their latest games is Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones. However they do run in older devices, with a graphics downgrade. I have been running all of Telltales latest games on my iPod touch 5, and they run OK, a bit laggy, but workable. Hopefully Minecraft, being that it isn't the flagship of graphics detail, will be more accessible for older devices as they are appealing to a younger crowd. Will Telltale relax the requirements, or leave it where its other games are at their optimum?

Comments

• Even though the game looks like minecraft it will still be running on Telltale's engine so will likely have similar requirements to their current games, it also looks like they will be using shaders and other fancy graphical effects which will require more resources to run so older apple devices might have some problems.

As there is no system requirements yet the best to do is check the requirements in the iOS store once it releases if you think there could be issues with your device.

• Makes sense that it would probably be similar requirements. But I think it would be great if Telltale could optimize it for older and cheaper devices. Here in Australia, iPhone 4S's (because they're cheap) and iPod's are incredibly popular amongst youth, far outnumbering their android counterparts. It would be awesome to expand into this market, benefiting Telltale as a business, and the fans as a whole, no matter their age :)
    Only time will tell, so excited...

OzzyUK posted: »

Even though the game looks like minecraft it will still be running on Telltale's engine so will likely have similar requirements to their cu

Sign in to comment in this discussion.