TellTale plz don't F this up.: Don't we know better?

Somehow even those who have supported TT from Back To The Future forward still don't belive this will work! This came up tonight at my weekly boardgame night. I'm the only one in my group who belives Story Mode will sale well after ep1. All the doubts rise from a simple truth. Minecraft Has No Story! The Company name is TellTale.....why a series about a game with no plot? I know this will work as a great TT game, I've even posted possible ways to do this here on the Story Mode forum in early days of it. TellTale please you need to start selling ppl on this! This whole thing is starting to remind me of defending the WIi U! That can't be a good thing! Just don't go out like THQ : Note: Telltale seems like they are truly putting 100% in on Story Mode! Thank you TT staffer Stripicus for that blog link!(below in the comments under stripicus ) However this is the web so....rage grr...Jk Now about the Wii U....

Comments

• Just don't go out like THQ

Why would they? Even if this somehow turned out to be a flop, they have like ten other series to rest their heads on, and then ten more they haven't even told us about, lol. I'm sure they'll be fine :P

• Thx for reply Listen when THQ went hardly anyone thought they would. Smackdown vs Raw was a very strong top ten in sales nearly every year. They also had Red Faction. These games had proven concepts behind them yet dragged THQ down do to creditors wanting to be paid and such. Stock holders too. I know this can and should work out fine. Just a trailer would help calm the money men! I know create a player is huge for a TT game! They just need to sell it,ya know use their word holes for more than office coffe! Until they do TT will have to keep having this conversation. Hey...Minecraft does't....we know!

Green613 posted: »

Just don't go out like THQ Why would they? Even if this somehow turned out to be a flop, they have like ten other series to rest their heads on, and then ten more they haven't even told us about, lol. I'm sure they'll be fine :P

• edited September 2015

Um, they have been selling people on the game. That's why they had a demo at PAX and why they are promoting the game all over their twitter and facebook page. You sound a little paranoid.

• It's already popular, so I think there's nothing to worry about.

• Thank you for reply. Like your name. And maybe I am paranoid but if they spend too much money in development and don't recoupe this could be bad. Minecraft is too big to fail only applies to Mincraft proper. I wasn't at pax. My friends were'nt. But we were all raised to spend money wisely. TT give us that demo prove my friends wrong. I can't stand the question anymore! Comes up every time I talk TT to my non TTg fan friends!

Um, they have been selling people on the game. That's why they had a demo at PAX and why they are promoting the game all over their twitter and facebook page. You sound a little paranoid.

• I have COMPLETE faith in TellTale for this one. (I also really want this to be good as I am a COLOSSAL fan of Minecraft!)

• Oh god, is it just me or do you talk exactly like Mordin?

enter image description here

Don't take this as an insult, I've always loved Mordin.

As for the topic at hand, they're promoting it all the time, and I'm sure telltale fans will give it a try, I mean telltale hasn't failed us yet.

• Lolz Thx for reply. Um perhaps I do speak like that. And not put too fine a point on it, is there a trailer, a demo on steam or anywhere else that can be downloaded and played? I know theres a player create. Are they literally gonna let us create the story? That would be awsome thx again!

Oh god, is it just me or do you talk exactly like Mordin? Don't take this as an insult, I've always loved Mordin. As for the topic

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Lolz Thx for reply. Um perhaps I do speak like that. And not put too fine a point on it, is there a trailer, a demo on steam or anywhere

• Hey thank you for posting! This should help me prove a few things! Have to say I did not expect a TT staff response! Thank you stirpicus for this will help tons! Now to post to facebook and be done! Woot!

stirpicus posted: »

This blog post contains the trailer and a lot of other information that you might find helpful to your questions!

• Don't worry about it man. I myself am not gonna judge. When the 1st episode comes out, im just gonna enjoy it and see how it goes. It will be fine. :)

• Im not a minecraft fan but its telltale so it will kick ass.

• People who say, 'Well how is this suppose to work if minecraft has no story?'
    Watch the lego movie.

• Exactly!!!

kaza125 posted: »

People who say, 'Well how is this suppose to work if minecraft has no story?' Watch the lego movie.

• apparently there may be a minecraft movie in a few years

kaza125 posted: »

People who say, 'Well how is this suppose to work if minecraft has no story?' Watch the lego movie.

• Thx for rply, Yeah heard that too lets hope for The Lego movie. But we'll prolly get Pixels. Which is btw what happens when an idea lingers too long in Hollywood. The germ (Pixels) was a long sought screen play for a Pac Man film. So yeah good luck and lets keep Mr. Sandler away shall we? Thx again!

apparently there may be a minecraft movie in a few years

• They are currently doing a well job on their games, ¿why wouldn´t on this?..As I know..the ones who make the games, go deep on the original game or subject before doing the own plot of their own O.C. in that Universe.
    What im trying to say is:
    Is hard to make a Universe....and it´s less but still hard make original characters with a plot on an existing Universe...BUT THERE IS A FACT FELLAS: Telltale Games do their job well....So let´s go to celebrate with Claptrap with some pizzas..

• I just finished playing Episode 1.

Based on the history of Telltale they know how to deliver a story. They had to come up with a story for The Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Tales of Borderlands, and Game of Thrones. Yes, they did have some resource materials to work off of, but they still had to come up with a story line for the games.

I can't tell you anything about Minecraft story until I clear it with Job, but I say have faith in Telltale based on their previous games.

• Can you give out length details? Like an estimate (Like as long as insert Telltale episode)

NukemDukem posted: »

I just finished playing Episode 1. Based on the history of Telltale they know how to deliver a story. They had to come up with a story f

• I am making a video right now of what I am allowed to say.

Can you give out length details? Like an estimate (Like as long as insert Telltale episode)

• Sounds cool! I'm guessing this was at that event they had out in LA? With your comments and all the positive impressions from the PAX demo, it sounds like Telltale has pulled off something great yet again.

I just finished playing Episode 1. Based on the history of Telltale they know how to deliver a story. They had to come up with a story f

• Alright.

I am making a video right now of what I am allowed to say.

• yep its the one in LA

Sounds cool! I'm guessing this was at that event they had out in LA? With your comments and all the positive impressions from the PAX demo, it sounds like Telltale has pulled off something great yet again.

• Best @puzzlebox (Laura) cameo of the decade.

enter link description here

• Wow wow wow!!! did I mention wow! So much cool info I'm in overload mode!! I'm gonna have to spring for pizza for my friends (shun the nonbelivers shun na na na) I told ya'll TT would bring it! Thank You NUKEMDUKEM! For posting here in my thread! thank you STRIPICUS Thank You TellTale Games Forum Members who continue to visit this thread and others. This is getting really cool thx again!

enter link description here

• edited September 2015

He didn't really say anything though... (which I understand since he didn't want to break "embargo").

Wow wow wow!!! did I mention wow! So much cool info I'm in overload mode!! I'm gonna have to spring for pizza for my friends (shun the non

• Thx for rply, The Truth you do speak....but between this and the TT blog I've enough to convince my friend. (I hope) Plus all this at the very least shows a self aware company that is willing to address the concerns of fans directly! Can't Imagine many others would. I know we want broader Deets. After all gameing is personal,at least to me, heck its why I ranted to begin with! No joke friend said he was done with TT because they chose MINECRAFT over more obvious games to make. So I come here vent and the sum total of it all has made my week! Tabletop night tommorrow we'll see how we've done then. For now thx again!

He didn't really say anything though... (which I understand since he didn't want to break "embargo").

• Nathan ( @kenjisalk ) also made a background cameo appearance :P

dojo32161 posted: »

Best @puzzlebox (Laura) cameo of the decade.

• I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight.

Thx for rply, The Truth you do speak....but between this and the TT blog I've enough to convince my friend. (I hope) Plus all this at the v

• Will the episode length be one of the things you are allowed to share in the video?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight.

• Let me double check on that

Will the episode length be one of the things you are allowed to share in the video?

• Like all other Teltlale episodes its the general length around 1 hour 30 minutes depending on play-style and of course longer if a person rewinds or do a different play through.

Will the episode length be one of the things you are allowed to share in the video?

• Can't wait!

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

haha youtube star status confirmed :P

OzzyUK posted: »

Nathan ( @kenjisalk ) also made a background cameo appearance :P

• No sarcasm just a bit overwelmed ,I'm posting from an XB1 with no kinnect useing a controller. Makes editing super weird.(no spell check makes me have to choose only short easy to type words) My posts may be robotic but the gratitude Is real(came off as over blown) lolz! Truly wanted just to vent and have some fun on the boards! Then the links came and I could not have been more surprised! I'm just me,being me best I can man:) And to the thread posters all of you thank you really! I don't post much in general because of how much of a pain it is! But I've been compelled to do so by you(used to be on the gamefaqs forums plenty of debate but no disscussion)The TT fans actually talk to you! I don't get that anywhere but here! Love it! Saw your post nukemdukem no surprise I liked it! check it out and show him some love guys that could'nt have been easy access to get! thx again!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.