Time Mariachis

edited October 2012 in Sam & Max
Just got my case file today. I also decoded the barcodes on the time card (yes, they are actual barcodes!). Judging by searches around here and on the web, I must be the first one to actually do this (at least, the first one to share that I did).

Contents follow in spoiler part.
The 1D barcode - located in the middle of the card - is a Code 39 barcode that reads TIMEMARIACHIS.BIZ. This is an actual domain owned by Telltale, and currently contains a countdown to October 15th, and a MIDI file playing as background music. Wonder what will happen then?
The 2D barcode - located at the bottom of the card - is a DataMatrix barcode that reads Propina.

So, do I win anything? :D

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Pidgeot wrote: »
    Just got my case file today. I also decoded the barcodes on the time card (yes, they are actual barcodes!). Judging by searches around here and on the web, I must be the first one to actually do this (at least, the first one to share that I did).

Contents follow in spoiler part.
    The 1D barcode - located in the middle of the card - is a Code 39 barcode that reads TIMEMARIACHIS.BIZ. This is an actual domain owned by Telltale, and currently contains a countdown to October 15th, and a MIDI file playing as background music. Wonder what will happen then?
    The 2D barcode - located at the bottom of the card - is a DataMatrix barcode that reads Propina.

So, do I win anything? :D

Awesome find. Barcode #1 is pretty awesome.
    I wonder what's going to happen in 3 days.
  • edited October 2008
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    I wonder what's going to happen in 3 days.
    We will be halfway to Halloween?
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah, and I have also noticed that there are actually several different cards

I got superball, but I have also seen a bosco time card on the net (and I am sure there are others).

P.S. given the time frame
    if they are planning on starting season 3 in early '09, (they probably have it in development right now) I would assume that some sort of teaser/announcement would be due soon
  • edited October 2008
    different time cards, eh? sounds interesting. do you know, if the barcodes are different?
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2008
    About The 2D barcode message:
    propina is the spanish word for tip
  • edited October 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    different time cards, eh? sounds interesting. do you know, if the barcodes are different?

I suspect they're the same, but if someone can point me in the direction of a scan of one of the other time cards, I can easily check. Mine's the Bosco time card.
  • edited October 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    I got superball, but I have also seen a bosco time card on the net (and I am sure there are others).
    I wonder if they made 80's Max's time card. I'd love to go back to around the time I was born so I can fix all the mistakes I made during life. :p
  • edited October 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I wonder if they made 80's Max's time card. I'd love to go back to around the time I was born so I can fix all the mistakes I made during life. :p

Ew. You'd have to live through the 90s again.

On the other hand, you could do some research and figure out what the lottery numbers were, or make a killing in deadpools.
  • edited October 2008
  • edited October 2008
    Hint: This Might Mean Sam&Max Season 3
  • edited October 2008
    They already announced that they were going to release Season 3 in early 2009.

...However, a release date announcement would be nice.
  • edited October 2008
    I Mean The Trailer For Season 3
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Don't jump the gun to conclusions, here, guys.

Season Three's far enough off that we're not ready for teasers or anything yet.
  • edited October 2008
    It Might You Never Know Jake It Could Be Or could Be Not Ill Just wait Untll Oct 15
  • edited November 2008
    That explains all the "is/us"-s I hear.

How many different case file time cards are there? Here's mine:

sammaxtimecardjt0.jpg
  • edited November 2008

How many different case file time cards are there?

I think all the cards from the episode were printed and then suffled in insure random distribution.

Makes me wonder who got the time card for The Beginning of Time... or the Soda Poppers Time Card!

I got Momma Bosco's card.
  • edited November 2008
    Guys, I don't know if anyone noticed, but the timemariachis.biz-website changed. You have to input your barcode, or something. I don't have my case file here, so I can't check what happens, can someone try to find out what the deal is?

EDIT: Okay, I found my Time Card and entered the code myself. The following message showed:
    Pacal Votan (this is the wikipedia entry on Pacal Votan I found:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacal_Votan)
    . After that, I had to enter something, but I couldn't figure out what. I entered
    Pacal Votan
    and I got
    a picture of what appears to be the group of mariachis standing in the mariachi spaceship, but part of the picture is missing.
    Did I just win a million dollars?
  • edited November 2008
    I entered the code on my time card (Propina). After copying the code, the decoded text is shown below. You type this into a password field that appears, and hit Enter. You then get a partial image of size 2560x1600, which seems to be part of a wallpaper with the Mariachis.

Note: the barcode entry appears to be broken for all versions on IE, including the current IE8 beta.

I'm guessing the other codes unlock the other parts, so you can eventually create a complete image by working together. This makes sense: I saw someone post a picture of a different time card, and I noticed the bar code was different as well (I didn't decode it then, though).

Here's my partial image. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is the code from the Bosco time card, 1963.1025.

mariachipropinanh4.th.png
  • edited November 2008
    Oh ok, I'll do it again and see what i can get from the picture - Mine's Pacal Votan too - I have the Stinky's card.

How did you save the picture? I keep getting 0 bytes in firefox (opera doesnt even let me input the card)
  • edited November 2008
    Pidgeot wrote: »

Here's my partial image. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is the code from the Bosco time card, 1963.1025.

mariachipropinanh4.th.png

Hey, awesome. I used the Max time card, got a different part of the picture and it fits with your part perfectly. I fitted the two together, I'll upload it right now. If other forum users help out, we should get the complete picture!

There you go:

fotoplusplusgi5.th.jpg
  • edited November 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    Oh ok, I'll do it again and see what i can get from the picture - Mine's Pacal Votan too - I have the Stinky's card.

How did you save the picture? I keep getting 0 bytes in firefox (opera doesnt even let me input the card)

I ran into the same issue (I booted up a virtual PC image with Firefox to enter the code), and although it's a little extra work, it's fairly straight-forward (assuming Windows - I don't really use Linux or Mac OS, but I imagine the process is more or less the same).

When you see the image, right-click it. Choose Copy image (this puts it on your clipboard), open an image editor (such as the free Paint.NET), paste the image, and finally save it as a PNG.

EDIT: Tjibbbe (and others who find more parts!), could I get you to send me the original PNG you merged from, or just upload it to Imageshack seperately and post a link? I'll try to put everything together as a non-lossy image once all regions have been uncovered. PM me for my e-mail address if you want to.
  • edited November 2008
    Something to look out for when we have the complete picture: notice, in the upper-left part of the picture, there's another time card. Maybe there is another secret for when we input that code?
  • edited November 2008
    Rather than copy & paste I just went through my cache and found the picture there heh but since you already have that one, i wont upload it
  • edited November 2008
    The Sam time card has code Palenque, and gives us more of the depicted time card!
    mariachissamlz5.th.pngthpix.gif
  • edited November 2008
    I took the liberty to add your parts to those we already found. I'm fairly certain that time card in the picture leads to another secret code!

mariachi3xh9.th.jpg

We now have:

Max card - Pacal Votan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacal_Votan
    Stinky's card - The same as the Max card?
    Sam card - Palenque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palenque
    Bosco card - Propina (meaning 'Tip')

Is all this just random Mexican lore, or are we actually getting hints of stuff that's going to happen in the third season?

EDIT: Pidgeot, I'll send you the PNG-file in a minute.
  • edited November 2008
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Max card - Pacal Votan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacal_Votan
    Stinky's card - The same as the Max card?
    Sam card - Palenque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palenque
    Bosco card - Propina (meaning 'Tip')
    So unless someone else has a Momma Bosco or Superball card, you guys are pretty much almost done.

Oh wait, I have a Momma Bosco card!!

Too bad it doesn't work on my end. IE 7 and all that jazz.
  • edited November 2008
    We also need a Soda Poppers card. The Max card is indeed the Stinky's Diner card, if the game is any indication.
  • edited November 2008
    I've got the Superball card, but when I visit the site on the latest version of Firefox, the white password input box comes up after I've inputted only a couple of black squares. When I write something in this box and hit enter, it just loads a blank frame. Huh?
  • edited November 2008
    When I write something in this box and hit enter, it just loads a blank frame.
    Yeah, I use a different browser, but i typed the wrong code when i tried once, and it came up with a blank frame too.
    When i highlighted it, it said ERROR: ¡¡Que ha introducido la contrase��quivocada!!
  • edited November 2008
    @Zeek, Guybrush: If you have a scanner or digital camera, feel free to send a picture of the 2D barcode to me. I'll be happy to do the work for you - just make sure all the dots are clearly visible and everything.
  • edited November 2008
    oh, forgot to ask, does anyone know why none of the images people have posted come up when I click the links?
  • edited November 2008
    You can click on "Show Adv Links" on the page you get to. That gives you a direct link to the full-sized image.

I'm not entirely sure why Imageshack is doing this; they used to just scale it down client-side.
  • edited November 2008
    With me it's because of my ad blocker. When I turn that off, I get a scaled-down preview.
  • edited November 2008
    A friend of mine (who doesn't follow all this online stuff) has the Soda Poppers card - I'll input the code in a moment. That leaves Superball and Momma Bosco!

EDIT: Done. This is with the Soda Poppers card added.

mariachi4ir0.th.jpg

This got the code: NaveSombrero, which means something like 'Sombrero Ship', most likely the
    T.H.E.M.-Ufo

I think I see dead Bosco over there!
  • edited November 2008
    great!
    can someone work out the code for the card in the picture?
    i can probably work out the dot combination from here.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, I tried guessing the missing bits, but there are a lot of possible combinations...

Oh, and keep in mind that you probably have to turn the card in the picture upside down.
  • edited November 2008
    ah, still, it probably won't take long if i really try, pity i'm quite lazy, and there's no point if you don't know the code.
  • edited November 2008
    You don't have to work out the code for yourself, you just input the square pattern and the website gives you the code, which you have to copy, which gives you part of the picture (or, in the case of the extra timecard in the picture, who-knows-what).
  • edited November 2008
    it never gave me the code for the others, odd, where does it appear?

Edit: oops, i should have said "other" not "others", and i used a picture of a card in another thread.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe you didn't scroll down far enough, it appears in those big squares underneath the squares where you have to copy your pattern.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.