REVIEW: Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees

edited June 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
The embargo is lifted!

Here's GameStooge's review - let us know what you think in the comments.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I've read one average and one great review. The Jury's still out.
  • edited March 2009
    it's funny, easy, and short... the demo gave away too much, but I still enjoyed it enough to lose track of time while playing it right after getting home from work and being really really tired. so that's a thumbs up from me
  • edited March 2009
    I've played it 4 times since I first got it weeks ago. It's exactly like watching a W&G short - but you get to explore, too.
  • edited April 2009
    There's one big difference from the short movies. In the movies, Gromit was actually my favorite character. But in the game playing Gromit gets boring pretty fast, as he (obviously) can't comment on things you're investigating. So if you're investigating EVERYTHING (like you're probably used to from several Telltale Games) you see him shaking his head a hundred times and always have to wait till he's finished. That becomes annoying pretty fast. Don't get me wrong, I love his gestures and mimic. But I don't want to see it again and again. And as I probably have to watch that another 300 times in the following games...
    Unfortunately I don't have a good idea how to improve that. But at least it should be possible to skip the animation for such comments (the "useless"/"makes no sense'"/"not possible" ones).

Nevertheless it's a great game. I especially like the textures that really look like modelling clay with all those details like little bubble craters and even finger prints. My biggest fear was that W&G might look too computer generated if no real clay is used, but that is definitely not the case.
  • edited June 2009
    too short and too easy, i want games to challenge me and be hard to complete.
  • edited June 2009
    The animated shorts frequently have Wallace and Gromit doing things independently, but I think in the games it should be scaled back a tad, they work a lot better when the two characters are interacting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.