the bee shooting game is just to hard and frustrating [spoiler]

edited September 2010 in Wallace & Gromit
Hi,

I hate to say it by I'm hating the bee shooting game.
I've managed to get two bees out of the way but with the one that goes into the bin there's just not enough time to hit the squirrel.
Maybe my system is too slow but by the time the squirrel animation ends, the bee has already flown away from the bin.
Make it easier for people!!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Hi again,

I did it! actually before I thought the bee was falling into the bin but instead it was falling really close.
    Anyway, I still think that hitting the bees requires way too much skill.
    An there doesn't seem to be any option to skip that section.
    And did I mention the music? it drives you around the twist after a little while.

Anyway, I still love this game :)
  • edited March 2009
    Reduce the graphics setting/resolution will help in such "arcade" sequences in TT games. The same goes for the driving games in Sam and Max.
  • edited March 2009
    Randulf wrote: »
    Reduce the graphics setting/resolution will help in such "arcade" sequences in TT games. The same goes for the driving games in Sam and Max.

thanks but can't go lower than that already
  • edited March 2009
    I found that rather than chasing the bees around i left the cursor at the point the bee would pause over the bin and just hit the button.
  • edited March 2009
    Yes, but for me it's also difficult to get the timing of the shot right.
    And the valid shooting regions seem to be too small imho
  • edited March 2009
    I have to agree, I really hate that arcarde part. Actually, I did not even get WHAT I was supposed to do, shoot three bees and then? Shoot the squirrel? What is the reason for that?
  • edited March 2009
    Phoonzang wrote: »
    I have to agree, I really hate that arcarde part. Actually, I did not even get WHAT I was supposed to do, shoot three bees and then? Shoot the squirrel? What is the reason for that?

Iiiiiiiiiit's a puzzle
  • edited March 2009
    ZiglioNZ wrote: »
    Yes, but for me it's also difficult to get the timing of the shot right.
    And the valid shooting regions seem to be too small imho

I dunno, to me it looked pretty easy. And fun, fun, fun :)
  • edited March 2009
    It's not difficult if you have a machine that runs the game properly. It's probably because it runs too slowly on your PC.
  • edited March 2009
    Hey, I managed it no problems, and I was using the pad to aim.

If I tried using the pad to aim on a FPS I'd be dead quicker than you could say "fire!"
  • edited September 2010
    ZiglioNZ wrote: »
    Hi,

I hate to say it by I'm hating the bee shooting game.
    I've managed to get two bees out of the way but with the one that goes into the bin there's just not enough time to hit the squirrel.
    Maybe my system is too slow but by the time the squirrel animation ends, the bee has already flown away from the bin.
    Make it easier for people!!

I took 2 minutes, and it was laggy because i was recording it, exactly 2 minutes i might add, my videos are on youtube
  • edited September 2010
    Phoonzang wrote: »

what you're supposed to do is trap 3 bees. One in the trashcan, the other in a hole in a tree, the other in the wrong trousers. The point of the squirrel is after the trashcan lid gets shot off it falls into part of the fence that's loose, so when the squirrel jumps down it hits the fence making the lid flip back onto the trash can.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.