figures

edited June 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
i think telltale and aardman should release Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures action figures to promote the series. who thinks this is a good idea.
example:Gromit with beach float and shovel from the last resort. Or maybe other characters like PC Dibbins and Monty Muzzle.

Comments

• edited May 2009
    i know you said not game specific but these are from the curse of the were rabbit film and they haven't done proper W&G figures in a while and i think this would be a good idea.
  • edited May 2009
    It could be a good idea. For something like W&G it would feel more appropriate if they were ceramic. That would be awesome. Not really TTG's main business though. By the way, capital letters and correct punctuation make your posts much easier to read. Please use them. =]
  • edited May 2009
    And not making big run-on sentences in your posts also helps.
  • edited May 2009
    Here is an idea. What if we start an online vote or poll and ask the publics opinion on telltale making W&G figures. If there is a high amount of votes they could be made. If there are not then leave the idea to think about.

Also they could be made by MacFarlene toys or another company like that and telltale could contribute.
  • edited May 2009
    If you check eBay, there are all sorts of W&G (action or ceramic) figures in the market. Not to mention plushies and other neat goodies. You don't want to oversaturate.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    saturate, shmaturate -- as the writer/designer of 103, a Monty Muzzle figure for my desk would be faaaantastic.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Oh man nobody even knows who that is yet. Spoiler alert, Sean.
  • edited May 2009
    Sean, you've got access to the 3d models. (so do we, if you know how to rip them out ;)) Send it privately to http://www.shapeways.com/ and get it printed cheap. Some people have already done this for Sam & Max characters they've ripped from the games.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    jake:

First post of the thread...
    ...Or maybe other characters like PC Dibbins and Monty Muzzle.

ahem ahem. i've got a spoiler for you: something on your desk has been soiled by yours truly.

as for making my own figure: i don't think dan and kevin would take too kindly to me hijacking our character models for my own nefarious purposes. i likes my job. but...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Nooooo
  • edited May 2009
    Also Jake on the the telltale image in the main page. I noticed a woman in the Wallace and Gromit style, dressed in purple. I don't know if it's a spoiler but... I don't know, it looks kind of a spoil, isn't it.
    P.S.: to "spread the word" you could turn the telltale image in the main page into a computer wallpaper, it would be awesome!
  • edited May 2009
    i don't think dan and kevin would take too kindly to me hijacking our character models for my own nefarious purposes. i likes my job. but...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=106988&postcount=11

Best wait till the games are out, and get official permission, but if you're resourceful enough it's possible for the players to rip the models out on their own. They need to be cleaned up properly in order for them to print correctly, but it can be done without staff access to the models. It's been done for W&G too.

Disclaimer: I have a feeling it would be looked down upon if I were to distribute info on *how* it's done, but I have no intention to. =]
  • edited May 2009
    the only reason i suggested this idea is because:

A: There haven't been any good W&G toys in a while.

B: The only toys i have seen on telltale are strong bad ones made by homestarrunner.com.

And C: Not only will it give telltale the chance to do something different but it can introduce people to Grand Adventures prompting them to get the game.

They have to do it when all episodes are released. They could do waves of toys e.g wave 1 Fright of the Bumbblebees toys.

P.S. You may contribute some ideas of your own.
  • edited June 2009
    after watching videos for the first 3 episodes i think that making the figures would be a super great idea. The toys could be in different waves for the episodes with characters who have accesories with them. would a TellTale Designer please read this and see if they agree with me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.