England release?

When will this + The Secret of Monkey Island remake be released in England????

Comments

• edited June 2009
    last time I checked england had the same internet as everyone else *g*

Both game are download only, so theres no need for specific uk version
  • edited June 2009
    Bradz90 wrote: »
    When will this + The Secret of Monkey Island remake be released in England????

you can buy it direct from telltale. It is a downloadable title and you get a disc for free (shipping about £10) I have done this with sam and max seasons 1 and 2. It's well worth it.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    You can get the games from Telltale's website on the release dates posted. No matter where you live
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I don't know LucasArts' plans for the Monkey Island 1 Special Edition, but I know that Tales of Monkey Island will be released both on the North American and European WiiWare services, and our PC games are always released internationally at the same time (because they just come right from our website).
  • edited June 2009
    ... and this is why I love digital distribution! Australians don't have to wait 6 months for a game to be released here if it ever does and pay twice the cost! Ordering direct from telltale is the best way to go from past experience.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know LucasArts' plans for the Monkey Island 1 Special Edition, but I know that Tales of Monkey Island will be released both on the North American and European WiiWare services, and our PC games are always released internationally at the same time (because they just come right from our website).

the xbla will be the same if a few hour later over here (from experience)
  • edited June 2009
    Apart from the exchange rate going down the tubes recently, there's no problem buying games from Telltale from here in the UK.

Getting the disks shipped out is another matter though; generally Telltale do very well - and a lot better than places like Gamestop - but it's not as quick as you might expect if you're used to buying from VGP and the like.
  • edited June 2009
    axelkothe wrote: »
    last time I checked england had the same internet as everyone else *g*
    Shh dont tell them they have not noticed yet, the shock might be to hard...
  • edited June 2009
    But when I try to order it, I can't put UK or England as my country, any clues???
  • edited June 2009
    But when I try to order it, I can't put UK or England as my country, any clues???

"Canada" is close enough; isn't it?
  • edited June 2009
    That's because it's down as "Great Britain".
  • edited June 2009
    I'm glad the exchange rate is at a 9month high. Made this purchase so much cheaper :P
  • edited June 2009
    From my questions can you believe I've even played the other 4 games :P
  • edited June 2009
    Hi, new to the forums.

Just to ask a couple of questions is $34.95 round about £21 - £22 in British pounds and is the delivery charge added for the DVD at the end of the series £10?

Just checking as I haven't ordered from here and just wanted to know how much it is.

Plus just to add, once pre-ordered each episode once they come out monthly auto downloads to your computer is that correct?
  • edited June 2009
    Plus just to add, once pre-ordered each episode once they come out monthly auto downloads to your computer is that correct?
    If by "auto-downloads" you mean "I need to download the game from my purchased games list", then yes. ;)

If you mean it will magically appear on you hard drive, then no.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi, new to the forums.

Just to ask a couple of questions is $34.95 round about £21 - £22 in British pounds and is the delivery charge added for the DVD at the end of the series £10?

Just checking as I haven't ordered from here and just wanted to know how much it is.

shipping for previous dvds has been around $10. The games do not automatically download, you get sent an email and get a link from there, download it, install, register with your email/username and password then play.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi, new to the forums.

$34.95 is £21.10, and yeah, shipping will be around £10 (it varies on how much stuff you've ordered due to the weight, I'm not too sure what a single DVD will cost). The games do not auto-download, but will appear on your My Games page to download on release.
  • edited June 2009
    $34.95 is £21.10, and yeah, shipping will be around £10 (it varies on how much stuff you've ordered due to the weight, I'm not too sure what a single DVD will cost). The games do not auto-download, but will appear on your My Games page to download on release.

Cool, thanks for the info I appreciate it. All I can say is I'm glad Monkey Island is back and can't wait for this.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.